Fleming's had enough chances now...

Fleming's had enough chances now...

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:42 pm

.. and, after I said this on here in January:

"If we think Fleming's got potential, let's give him a run of games to the end of the season so he can establish himself and kick on next season."

...I think we need to be looking at his contract and, whatever it is, extending and improving it a bit. Possibly also putting in a clause that has a trigger-figure of, say, £250k for anyone interested in signing him.

Got better and better with each game now he's had a decent run again. Outstanding second half last night after he and the rest of the side had worked so hard to frustrate Bury in the first half.

I'd be making sure Parrish is well tied in as well.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Fleming's had enough chances now...

Postby MfcChris » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Fleming Hurst & Parrish are our best players.

Spencer is okay too.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Pandashrimp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

For me Fleming is the best out and out footballer we have. Always looking to link play up and pull the strings. I think he would prosper even more in a better team playing more football.

Tie that man down, as i have the feeling it won't be long before bigger teams come a calling
Pandashrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

He's even making Stuart Drummond look good again.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Fleming was quiet in the first half, but in the second he completely ran the show for us!
Little Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:24 pm

He will no doubt be snapped up next January when his contract is up in the summer as with every other half decent player to play for this club.
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Fleming has proved his worth already this season. He will only get better and needs putting on a longer deal. Has the tribunal with Wrexham been sorted out yet? He is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment. What a hero.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 pm

As player contracts are, I believe, Graham Hodgson's forte, I do believe we need to rethink our policies on this front. Young players like Fleming and Parrish should never be in a position where there is less than a year left on their contracts because that opens up the possibility of losing players for less than they are 'worth' in the January transfer window. Fleming did get a 2 year deal last July but we need to open up negotiations sooner rather than later. 'Duffygate' must not be allowed to happen again.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Players that have a bit of "edge" at this level, particularly when their agents are on the ball, will keep their options open for as long as possible before signing a dotted line. Can be a risky game though for the player if it goes tits up, whereas the agent will quite happily walk away towards the next Andy Carroll
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion