Bury 1 Morecambe 0

Re: Bury 1 Morecambe 0

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:how did anyon play marky...and will rochey be back for bradford game cos if so the unlucky walker wont even be on bench saturday

Although Bury had wave after wave, particularly in the 1st half , he didn't have a rigjt lot to do but did tip it on to the bar once. His left foot kick is strong and he looks confident tbh and shouts at his defenders, however it would seem that it was a rather dodge goal. There are a few rather tasty an colourful descriptions of it on the bus home but as I was 110 yards away I shall reserve judgement
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 pm

A very poor first half performance and a solid second half performance. We were lucky to go into half time drawing and in the end unlucky to come away with nothing.

Very impressed with their right winger in the first half. Well done to the fans who sang for majority of the game.

Bring on Bradford!
Sammy h

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Wasn't a great first half performance but second half was much better; lets not forget that Bury are in great form at the moment and it really showed. They were causing us problems all night and I thought overall we coped fairly well with it.

Their keeper made a superb save in the second half, I still cant believe we didnt score. Had it not been for the mistake by Anyon, I think we would have left with a good point. I think it just highlights how indispensable Barry Roche is to our club though.

Overall, disappointed to come away with nothing but happy enough with the performance. Lets move on to saturday and claim our second 3 points off Bradford.
Morecambe Jack

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 pm

just got back
absolutely gutted,we really deserved a point after a real fighting display but for an appalling error by anyon which cost us the game,Bury just did not deserve the 3 points they were very lucky,shaded the 1st half by some way but we were much the better side in 2nd half.
very difficult to comment really about anyon,his defence protected him superbly all game and the only direct shot on his goal he lets slip through in to net,5 minutes to go not much chance of getting anything
scalehallshrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Defence was ace. Anyon massive cock up didn't smother the ball and let it go under him. Deserved a draw and Drummie should've scored.
Little Shrimp

Re: Bury v Morecambe

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 pm

halftimeresults wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:That hope the defence are strong and Anyon wont be tested that much,he has had mares apparently......

apparently Barry had a mare everyweek at Chesterfield.

give him a chance 8-)

And :?: :?: :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:20 pm

apparently 176 away fans well done
scalehallshrimp

Re: Bury v Morecambe

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:[quote="halftimeresults"

give him a chance 8-)

And :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

I would think all the doctors, nurses, physios and trainers are now camped in Baz's front room for the duration.

Come to think of it, all those years grumbling only 2 teams get promoted from the Conference. We should thank our lucky stars that's how it still is.
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 pm

We were so close to getting a very hard fought draw and to lose the game in the way we did was soul destroying. First half they were all over us and it was only some good defending that kept them at bay but second half we got ourselves back into the game and it looked as if we had done enough to get the draw alas it wasn't to be.
steve mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:56 pm

interesting this, will anyone come out and say the new keeper bew it for the team, LW should have been given a start :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby bigreddog » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 am

just got back half an hour or so ago. didn't see the first half as was working and then drove from burnley to bury to catch the second half. reliably told that bury shaded it in the first half, but thought we were superb in the second. drummy yet again rolling back the years, Hurst looked dangerous, jimmy spencer's movement and workrate is exceptional for such a young man, McCready was awesome, Danny Carlton very nearly scored a wembleyesque goal and overall we deserved a point if not more. got done by an error of masimo taibi proportions. Taxi !

we regroup, take the posititives, move on and get ready for a big game against our yorkshire cousins.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 am

Just back we didn't play badly and deserved a point at least like Mark has said Anyon didn't have that much to do and was pehaps a bit unlucky. Oh well onwards and upwards. I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!
heysham_mfc

Postby tommy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:16 am

My twopenneth for what it's worth.
We totally dominated the 1st half without any end result. In the 2nd half Morecambe were far better than the 1st half, and but for a stunning save by our keeper you would have scored.
With time running out and the surface becoming very greasy with the rain, our lad shot from long range. Anyon seemed to have it covered but it went beneath his body. He should have saved it, but in fairness to him I suspect he was unsighted and I'm sure the ball would have moved about a bit.
Personally I think 1-0 was a fair result on the balance of the play overall but then I'm biased.
Your MOM was Parrish and I'm sorry we let him go.
tommy

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 am

tommy wrote:My twopenneth for what it's worth.
We totally dominated the 1st half without any end result. In the 2nd half Morecambe were far better than the 1st half, and but for a stunning save by our keeper you would have scored.
With time running out and the surface becoming very greasy with the rain, our lad shot from long range. Anyon seemed to have it covered but it went beneath his body. He should have saved it, but in fairness to him I suspect he was unsighted and I'm sure the ball would have moved about a bit.
Personally I think 1-0 was a fair result on the balance of the play overall but then I'm biased.
Your MOM was Parrish and I'm sorry we let him go.

Fair summing up Tommy. You played some decent stuff first half and your right winger in particular proved a bit of a hand full. Good luck with your promotion challenge.
broadwayshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 am

I was right behind the ball as it came towards the back of the net and everyone jumped up around me in celebration, when suddenly your keeper wearing a Superman cape tipped it to the side. Yes Andy P is often M.O.M. and as Baz was missing it was a dead cert! Shame we probably won't be playing you next season, it looks like we will be heading to Plymouth, Bristol or Wimbledon instead. Although we do need to stay up first :?
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Bury looked good in the first half, but overplayed all the time and didn't really create any chances. We were much the better side in the second half and had ther better chances in the game. A draw would have been a fair result.

Having defended so aptly throughout the match, it must have been absolutely soul destroying for our defenders in particular to have stood and watched in absolute horror as our stand-in keep was beaten by a long-range, lame-tame-duck from distance. It was straight at him, and I couldn't see how his vision was impaired whatsoever. [naughty stuff] you literally palmed the thing in the net to give Bury an undeserved win.....can't say we weren't warned though when you did pretty much the same thing in the first half.

This wasn’t due to a lack of communication around new colleagues from say a set-piece which may have been excusable, it was the most basic of errors which was sound proof to all who saw; he is not fit for purpose. Danny Baker xmas special. I thought we'd left keepers like this behind when Banksy got let go, obviously not. I think I'm actually being kind on this occasion (I've purposely waiting until to sleep on this before relaying my thoughts). There is no excuse and nobody to hide behind. I'm seriously worried for the next 2-3 games if we have this clown in net.

Bury didn't deserve to win, but hey, * happens. Anybody heard Alan Knills post-match comments; "You can't play like Real Madrid every week". Errr, hello, do you play like Real Madrid any week? He's ginger and balding. He does not need to say stupid things to make him look so.

Well done to those that came down and got behind the boys. I'm looking forward to Bradford, especially if the goalie is hung, drawn and quartered prior to Saturday.
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:30 pm

To be honest I thought we played well in the first half.

Fair enough we didn't get out of our half a lot but this is a team pushing for the top spot, at home, and coming off three successive wins against teams above us in the league in which they've scored three goals each time.

Our midfielders tracked back with theirs and our defenders worked their socks off all resulting in a very good Bury strikeforce being reduced to very few clear chances.

Second half we pressed forward more and the game was much more even and I thought we were starting to get on top a bit when they scored.

Very, very frustrating not to get a draw after all that effort - could have even sneaked a win.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:27 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Bury looked good...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shoot Joe Anyon, shoot shoot Joe Anyon?
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:11 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Was there any need to quote it?

How come you get away with so many swearwords and i cant :? :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Was there any need to quote it?

How come you get away with so many swearwords and i cant :? :lol:

Possibly because you click [Quote] rather than [Report Post]? :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:48 am

It was actually just tge side of Anyon and I think he must've misjudged the bounce cos of the skiddy surface. He still should have just played safe and parried it though.
Little Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 am

Not wanting to give too much away about where we went on Tuesday 8-)
BuryAMarch2011GiggLane.jpg

Don't think Bob will remember too much about this one :lol:
BuryStaffofLife.jpg

BuryMFCfans.jpg
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion