O/T YORK HOTEL V GLOBE BAR AND GRILL

O/T YORK HOTEL V GLOBE BAR AND GRILL

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:54 pm

I have a lot of repect for the york hotels efforts over the years regarding our team, i feel, for whatever reason, the owner, a keen fan must feel betrayed by ,a shift in shopping patterns, since the move, at 25 past five today, after a good result, with the city game on live, i was one of the 16 people in reds/globe bar and grill or whatever it is now called.

discuss :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T YORK HOTEL V GLOBE BAR AND GRILL

Postby Morectalk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:49 pm

Surely The York will always have it's regulars & will survive. A lot of pubs are finding life hard these days, people don't go out drinking like they used to - staying in is the new going out apparently !!!!!!!!!! :?
Morectalk

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:00 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I have a lot of repect for the york hotels efforts over the years regarding our team, i feel, for whatever reason, the owner, a keen fan must feel betrayed by ,a shift in shopping patterns, since the move, at 25 past five today, after a good result, with the city game on live, i was one of the 16 people in reds/globe bar and grill or whatever it is now called.

discuss :?:

I don't get your post. You start off suggesting that the York has lost its business, then say that you were in the Globe Bar with only 16 people after the match.

The big advantage the York still has over the Globe Bar is that it welcomes away fans. If the York can manage this mix of fans with out too much trouble I can't see why the club cannot do the same. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 am

Wild Bill wrote:I don't get your post.

I didn't get it either but I put that down to it being almost midnight and having been in the bar since the game finished!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:27 am

my point was, where do all the people go before and after the match, jb s bar used to be packed, we had a good result yesterday and there was tumbleweed blowing through the bar, and probably the york, at half past five :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Am I right in thinking that there isn't any drinks offers in the Globe Bar at present? Surely a some discounted beer and maybe a meal deal on food (like a beer & burger deal) would get a few more in?

Need to have regular announcements at the game plus a few sandwich boards and maybe even kids handing out flyers to promote any offers. This would catch folk as they walk out of the ground, right past the bar itself!

If we could only tempt 10% of the crowd to stay for a drink it would be rammed every week!
Wild Bill

Postby Sammy h » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:20 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:my point was, where do all the people go before and after the match, jb s bar used to be packed, we had a good result yesterday and there was tumbleweed blowing through the bar, and probably the york, at half past five :?:

Most people go in before the game rather than after, if you go in about 2ish it's usally quite full.
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Maybe people go upstairs to see man of the match awarded?
morecambe mick

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Am I right in thinking that there isn't any drinks offers in the Globe Bar at present? Surely a some discounted beer and maybe a meal deal on food (like a beer & burger deal) would get a few more in?

Need to have regular announcements at the game plus a few sandwich boards and maybe even kids handing out flyers to promote any offers. This would catch folk as they walk out of the ground, right past the bar itself!

If we could only tempt 10% of the crowd to stay for a drink it would be rammed every week!

Corrs was £2.50 a pint, so there was an offer on, It is usually put on the offers board at the end of the bar
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Mike W. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Talking about the old days - my experience was that JB's Bar used to be fairly full after games up to around 6.30 when it emptied and people went off to their various evening activities. There were few that stayed much past that, even after a good game.

Nowadays what happens upstairs depends on whether there is an evening function or not. If there is then it is usually announced that the Wright & Lord Suite will close at 6.00 to allow preparations for the function to be started. SOME people may wander downstairs to the bar but I suspect that many will wander out of the door off to their various evening activities (as above).

Mike W.
Mike W.

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:my point was, where do all the people go before and after the match, jb s bar used to be packed, we had a good result yesterday and there was tumbleweed blowing through the bar, and probably the york, at half past five :?:

If that was your point, why the "V" in the Post subject? :?

I thought there was going to be a competition! :roll:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 pm

7h3re 1s
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion