Can We Stop Ryan Lowe?

Can We Stop Ryan Lowe?

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 am

He's scored more goals than all our strikers put together this season and has scored in all of the last 9. Will we do a job on him I wonder??

My prediction is Danny will score the winner in the dying minutes (sound familiar?) leaving us with our hearts in our mouths till the final whistle 8-)

Stick it up 'em D.C. !! :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Can We Stop Ryan Lowe?

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:27 am

I think Lowe will be very difficult to stop and at the moment ill take a 0-0, but i want to be positive and say we will win 2-0 against another team pushing for promotion, Jimmy Spencer and Danny scoring one just like at Wembley! :D
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 pm

If he scores against us, he equals the post-war record for scoring in consecutive games and is two short of the all time record. If we win, I'll be happy for him to score, so Danny getting a hat-trick to make a point in front of his old club then Lowe scoring in the 89th minute.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:57 pm

There is more to the Bury team that a certain mr lowe......in my humble opinion we need to watch steven schumacher quality player
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Home game form menon Tuesday night. Having seen all sides in this league other than Gillingham I'd say that for me, Bury are the best footballing side and contain more threats than any other at this level. It's a really tough ask to go to Gigg Lane and get anything. Hopefully we'll take decent numbers to cheer the boys on.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have not yet lost at gigg lane.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Sammy h wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong

O.K. two 2.1 losses and drew 0.0 last time
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:46 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: God knows what I am thinking of then.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Sammy h wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: God knows what I am thinking of then.

It's called optimism, Sammy. C.D.'s are there to be broken....

and replaced by M.P.3's 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm

They never beat us at Christie Park, but beat us at the Globe earlier in the season - the scoreline flattered them though.
Morecambe Jack

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm

From memory I don't think it did flatter them. They could have easily been 4 up at half time having hit the post twice. We came back into in the second by throwing men forward but got neatly picked off on the break. They've been there or there about since we've been a league two club, but faded during the final phase of the season. They are still going strong this time round. I'd be delighted if we get anything, but if we could only win one of our next two fixtures I'd snap your hand off for a win against Bradford. I'm sure DC will be looking to prove a point.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:58 pm

RedRedWine wrote: I'm sure DC will be looking to prove a point.

Danny has his own thread on the Bury Forum: "Morecambe, and the return of Carlton "
http://www.themightyshakers.co.uk/forum ... of-Carlton
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Danny has his own thread on the Bury Forum: "Morecambe, and the return of Carlton "

You'll have to tell us about it! Tried the Facebook 'connect', it took me to Facebook. Tried 'traditional' registration, went to log on, it told me to register. I told it to **** off, I'd done that once... Not sure what the point of the 'connect with Facebook' is about if you still can't read anything.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby tommy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Hello - Bury supporter here.
I'm afraid I can't say much about Carlton as he never got a chance at Bury. He was injured in his first game then never really made another appearance apart fom 5 or 10 minutes. Seems Knill thought highly of him but I'm afraid it just didn't work out.
We are a better team away from home as we play on the break and struggle against teams that shut up shop so you may be in with a chance.
As for the match at the Globe - I was very impressed with your new ground and I thought we were lucky to come away with a 4-1 but Lowe was awesome that night.
tommy

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:18 pm

tommy wrote:Hello - Bury supporter here.
I'm afraid I can't say much about Carlton as he never got a chance at Bury. He was injured in his first game then never really made another appearance apart fom 5 or 10 minutes. Seems Knill thought highly of him but I'm afraid it just didn't work out.
We are a better team away from home as we play on the break and struggle against teams that shut up shop so you may be in with a chance.
As for the match at the Globe - I was very impressed with your new ground and I thought we were lucky to come away with a 4-1 but Lowe was awesome that night.

Good to see away fans posting nice things especially since this forum is going to be flooded with cocky Bradford fans in the next few days :lol: :lol:
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Good to see away fans posting nice things especially since this forum is going to be flooded with cocky Bradford fans in the next few days :lol: :lol:

Well, we're nicer this side of The Pennines :D Besides, I don't think there will be much cockyness coming out of Bradford this season! They'll just be happy to play in League Two next season. Can you imagine if they went in to non-league? Ex-Premiership Bradford City having to travel to Hayes & Yeading? Solihull Motors? Welling?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Keith wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Good to see away fans posting nice things especially since this forum is going to be flooded with cocky Bradford fans in the next few days :lol: :lol:

Well, we're nicer this side of The Pennines :D Besides, I don't think there will be much cockyness coming out of Bradford this season! They'll just be happy to play in League Two next season. Can you imagine if they went in to non-league? Ex-Premiership Bradford City having to travel to Hayes & Yeading? Solihull Motors? Welling?

I'm sure those clubs would love to be playing Bradford City in the league! Think they will be ok though, Barnet and Stockport for me to go down although you can never be sure in this league.
heysham_mfc

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:18 pm

We could have done with Ryan Lowe in our side this season. And he was available on a free transfer not too long ago.
Joel Ninety

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:55 pm

marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Danny has his own thread on the Bury Forum: "Morecambe, and the return of Carlton "

You'll have to tell us about it! Tried the Facebook 'connect', it took me to Facebook. Tried 'traditional' registration, went to log on, it told me to register. I told it to **** off, I'd done that once... Not sure what the point of the 'connect with Facebook' is about if you still can't read anything.

Let's just say I hope Danny reads it before he kicks a ball tonight. It should certainly add an extra yard to his effort! :lol:

3 other players have scored in 10 consecutive League games: Van Nistleroy and Aldridge have done it over 2 seasons.

Lowe will equal Jermaine Defoe who is the only one to do it in a season. As you say, Keith, I would like him to do it so I can say "I was there" as long as we score more than they do!
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion