My first home game this season

My first home game this season

Postby Posh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:17 am

OK it wasn't but it felt like it.

Like many I love parts of the ground but have struggled to come to terms with our new terrace. I've also struggled to understand signings with a prevalence to play players more committed to the cash than the shirt. I've also worried endlessly about an ageing and paceless side that on paper looks great buy lacked fire and passion. That lack of fire and passion has also passed on to the fans and elsewhere too.

However the last few weeks I got a strong sense we're coming to terms with our post-Christie legacy. We accept where we are on the home terrace but the introduction of pasta stands, some cover and the presence of Rod and Peter Cross show people are listening. This has been allied with the formation of the supporters club which had great ideas and has been listened too. The mural in, please change name, bar is fantastic. Finally the free travel to Barnet is a sign that people understand 'we're all in it together'.

However it's always on the pitch that matters. Sammy master plan or Sammy fluke I'm sure many don't care but today was the best home game of the season. It was packed with passion, pride and commitment with players who gave their all. At the end of the game more players seriously acknowledged the MBW than at any time this season. Mutual respect.

Which brings me to the MBW loyal. Utterly awesome today. Singing for 90 minutes and not a negative song all game. Incredibly proud and it recalled the best of the North Stand.

Truly felt at home for the first time.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: My first home game this season

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:42 am

Spot on, today was the day we as fans "bedded in" to that stand, outstanding atmosphere. The team were united(hate that word, but it will be eliminated tomorrow) and battled hard against a team that were much better than Chesterfield last week. For me Danny Carlton has been exceptional these last two games, pretty much perfect last week and awesome again today, deserves a goal!
Bare Ben

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:31 am

the home end were outstanding/amazing, i wish the board could find it in their hearts to give them all a chicken and leek pie each :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:24 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:the home end were outstanding/amazing, i wish the board could find it in their hearts to give them all a chicken and leek pie each :lol:

I got one, not as nice as the chicken balti, but still gorgeous.
morecambe mick

Postby bigreddog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:34 pm

I was approached by many people yeserday after the match saying that it was the first time that the globe felt like home, so I passed that on to Rod, very proud of the team on and off the pitch yesterday. The MBW were awesome and people in the PMG stand couldn't help but clap along to the "just can't get enough" chant. absolutely brilliant.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Mike W. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Just to say that as photographers Ian and I were really boyed up ourselves by the MBW stand occupants. Far too often in the past especially when we are down at the away end, we hear only the visiting fans, but yesterday we heard "our lot" virtually all the time, well above the Southend lot. Sadly, as photographers we aren't allowed to join in the cheering and clapping - especially in front of the rival fans !

And you were not just noisy but funny at times, as well. Great - congrats to all !

AND KEEP IT UP ! (Sorry about the capitals but it is vital)

The favourite headline that I haven't actually seen yet but cannot think why -

SHRIMPS NET SHRIMPERS

Mike W. :P
Mike W.

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Mike W. wrote:The favourite headline that I haven't actually seen yet but cannot think why -

SHRIMPS NET SHRIMPERS

Mike W. :P

Look a little harder Mike (well almost)

http://www.skysports.com/football/match ... 01,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:16 pm

And heres a slight variation from the Lancashire Evening Post :-

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/shr ... _1_3153066
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion