Stewart Drummond

Stewart Drummond

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 pm

What did you all think of his performance today?
Some people behind me in Block D were moaning every time he touched the ball, and especially when he sprayed a few wild passes.
IMO they miss the real value of him to the side: breaking up attacks with his tackling abilities and of course his goals contribution over the season. I thought he did pretty well today.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Stewart Drummond

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:16 pm

He did play a few completely wayward and useless balls. However, I agree that he breaks up attacks with tackling abilities and scores inportant goals. Also, he sometimes plays some fantastic balls across the pitch!
Little Shrimp

Postby Harry » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm

He hasn't had the best of seasons so far, but was right back on it today. Tackled well, passed well and added experience to our relatively youthful XI. Deserved his goal.
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:36 pm

he also organises players well, liases well wth referees as like.....eerrrr a captain, i know i have spelt the l word wrong, he should sit a bit deeper, like alexander did at burnley, protecting the defenders and carry on for 3 or 4 years doing what he does best, great bloke, born leader, if on the pich, natural skipper, hunter delivers every time by the way.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:20 pm

I thought Drummond played well today and stuck to the task better. He covered a lot of the pitch today, helping out the defence, breaking up play in midfield, spraying a few passes around and scoring the winning goal. All in all a good show from him.

He does frustrate me at times and infuriates Mrs Lion almost all the time. My main issue is the way he moans about losing the ball instead of getting off his backside and chasing it down again. However, I think he is a cultured player at this level and has more than played his part in the success of the club.
Caged Lion

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:27 pm

He wins a lot of aerial challenges and that really helps in midfield. His passing was ok today and like others have said he broke up a lot of play. I thought he played well.
jonnythedog

Postby Morectalk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:44 pm

I like him generally, but he's always looking for the "hollywood" pass when sometimes he could keep it on the deck & simple.
Morectalk

Postby Muzzer » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:25 am

I think he did well. Pleased that he scored today on his birthday too! :D
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am

Muzzer wrote:I think he did well. Pleased that he scored today on his birthday too! :D

OI! Behave :!: :lol:

Thanks for the lift ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:36 am

I wondered how long it would take. I even explained to Drummy after the game about this. Happy 84th Stu.
Bare Ben

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 am

It's a good job it was Stews birthday yesterday, otherwise he would have been dropped and wouldn't have scored the winning goal!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 am

RedRedWine wrote:It's a good job it was Stews birthday yesterday, otherwise he would have been dropped and wouldn't have scored the winning goal!!!

Aye. One more and he is = top scorer :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Birthday goal, no more needs to be said. The thread may as well be locked.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion