Singing for 90 minutes

Singing for 90 minutes

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Well done to those that sang for the whole game. Created a great atmosphere which even got the PMG Stand rocking! :o
Wild Bill

Re: Singing for 90 minutes

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Well done to those that sang for the whole game. Created a great atmosphere which even got the PMG Stand rocking! :o

Couldn't believe my eyes seeing most of the PMG'ers clapping to the song. It is a great song.

I just wish I never had to stand near moaners all the time. Always a 60/70 year old too. They should be happy they are still alive I must stand next to a different moaner every game who criticises EVERYTHING. Spoils it.

Bradford will be amazing, as will Barnet. :shock:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Morectalk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It doesn't matter where you are at the home end, there always seems to be a moaning old fart nearby !!
Morectalk

Postby bill ding » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Brilliant atmosphere today from the MBW boys'n'galls , really liked the new songs , even got my area of the PMG stand clapping . Need to be up for it next saturday when the biggest team in Yorkshire ( if not England) comes to visit :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Bare bum » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:24 pm

It doesn't matter where you are at the home end, there always seems to be a moaning old fart nearby !!

Yes, but it works the other way too, wherever I am I always seem to be stood next to a happy clappy young burp :cry:
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby mfcbro » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Spoke to some players after the game and they said the atmosphere was superb.Well done to all concerned.
mfcbro

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:38 pm

bill ding wrote:Brilliant atmosphere today from the MBW boys'n'galls , really liked the new songs , even got my area of the PMG stand clapping . Need to be up for it next saturday when the biggest team in Yorkshire ( if not England) comes to visit :lol:

Arn't we the biggest team? That stupid song that says we are the greatest team the world has ever seen says we are :lol:

It should be 'we are by far the greatest team, the Stanley's (or Bradford's) ever seen' 8-)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Vinny » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Bare bum wrote:

Yes, but it works the other way too, wherever I am I always seem to be stood next to a happy clappy young burp :cry:

That would be me then.

Or perhaps I'm a happy clappy old burp :?
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:57 pm

What do you reckon Marky No 1? Did we make a Shrimp roar?

It was hard going at first, but the persistent 'Stand up if you love Morecambe' by the Winos eventually won the day. Best effect came with the, 'Just can't get enough' song because once the clapping started in the PMG it kept going for a while and loosened up the ditherers.

Hats off to everyone today who sang or clapped or roared or just smiled, it was exactly what we have been missing. Top score of the day went to the Winos who were astonishing, the noise generated was incredible, you looked impressive bouncing around and I think every Morecambe fan came away believing again.

This old fart needs to get a few early nights to recover and prepare for Bury on Tuesday.
Caged Lion

Postby Morectalk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Age-wise I'm in between an old fart & a young burp, so I've decided to be a fartburp !! :lol:
Morectalk

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 am

We really need to keep the atmosphere like it was yesterday. It must encourage the lads so much!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:55 am

Caged Lion wrote:What do you reckon Marky No 1? Did we make a Shrimp roar?

It was hard going at first, but the persistent 'Stand up if you love Morecambe' by the Winos eventually won the day. Best effect came with the, 'Just can't get enough' song because once the clapping started in the PMG it kept going for a while and loosened up the ditherers.

Hats off to everyone today who sang or clapped or roared or just smiled, it was exactly what we have been missing. Top score of the day went to the Winos who were astonishing, the noise generated was incredible, you looked impressive bouncing around and I think every Morecambe fan came away believing again.

This old fart needs to get a few early nights to recover and prepare for Bury on Tuesday.

The negative surge that raged through most of February has been turned on its head somewhat and there is a sense now that the great majority are "singing from the same hymn sheet" even the MOM award was buoyant :D

Difference for me in th PMG was, whereas with previous efforts the one singing and clapping looked like a lonely numpty, he is now joined by a few others making the ones that sit down cos they can't be arsed look like numpties instead then they stand up! Great stuff and long may it continue :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:42 pm

From the Southend forum,

I don't recon there was more than 2000 at the game with possible a couple of hunderd Southend fans - the stadium was new but no atmosphere, the locals were very friendly - great chips!

Should have turned his hearing aid on :roll:

Seriously though if the team and support perform like that every week then the crowds will soon start to increase.
steve mfc

Return to General Discussion