playoffs

playoffs

Postby jbcshrimp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:07 pm

12 games of season to go. after listening to todays match on player must have the quality to go for the playoffs now,lets go for it with optimism and stop looking down. brilliant result.
jbcshrimp

Re: playoffs

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:16 pm

I think you are right, optimism should be flowing. But I thought that after we took Shrewsbury apart! A tough game coming up on Tuesday, win that and then we'll really believe. Danny Carlton to score his first Morecambe goal since returning against his old club?

But... the bottom two both picked up points again today. It's a very tight league this season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:04 pm

With the return of Danny with his excellent workrate, you are right we can, I believe, start looking upwards. :D
morecambe mick

Postby Harry » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 pm

12 games left, 12 points off the playoffs.

Just win every remaining game and make up an average of a point per game on the top 7, simples.
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:41 pm

morecambe mick wrote:With the return of Danny with his excellent workrate, you are right we can, I believe, start looking upwards. :D

Agreed, been a joy to have Danny back. He has worked his socks off every game. Maybe he can give some of what he has to Jevo.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 pm

If we had started the season with this much passion we would have been in the play-offs.

We have conceded something like 10 penalties, frequently defended like numpties, scored several home goals and generally not been able to hit the back of the net despite dominating many games.

The energy injection from Carlton and Spencer has worked wonders, Fleming is getting better each game, Hunter works well on the right in front of Parrish, McReady looks mustard keen and Hurst is an excellent addition.

Who knows what will happen. It's a fanny owd gaim
Caged Lion

Postby Morectalk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Great game, result & atmosphere today but, and with no offence intended to anyone, the play-offs, be sensible. Mid-table obscurity & avoiding relegation are our main targets this season, let's keep these two wins in perspective shall we. Don't get me wrong, great results, but we are not suddenly going to be propelled into the play-offs this season on the back of a couple of wins.

Bury next, but I really hope we take Bratford apart next week !!!
Morectalk

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:59 am

Morectalk wrote:
...the play-offs, be sensible.
...avoiding relegation are our main targets this season, let's keep these two wins in perspective shall we.

I know why you are saying that but if we still think we could be relegated then we must also believe the play-offs are possible. Twelve points off a play off spot with a game in hand, nine points of a relegation spot. I don't think we'll do either but I reckon we'll be closer to play-offs than relegation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 am

I agree, there is no harm in being positive, but just being a realist. Talk of the playoffs has got to be pie in the sky, but what the hell - hallelujah I still believe !!!!!!!!! :lol:
Morectalk

Postby Sammy h » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:54 pm

We need to make up an average of a point per game.

HANDS UP IF YOU STILL BELIEVE.
Sammy h

Postby Morectalk » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Was today enough of a reality check for you lads?

:? :? :?
Morectalk

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Morectalk wrote:Was today enough of a reality check for you lads?

Yup :oops: :cry: :( :?

I'll be happy with third from bottom. Bradford were awful. Morecambe were dreadful. No shots on target in 90 minutes. We could play for 900 minutes and not score if we can't have a shot on target. Next week at Barnet and the Macclesfield game at home are such big games. Any player who thinks we are (or 'he'is) too good to go down should be dropped right now. Third from bottom... that's our target.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Morectalk wrote:Was today enough of a reality check for you lads?

If someone offers me third bottom I will bite their hand off.
Sammy h

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:38 am

The importance of Barnet next week has been cranked up a few notches after yesterday. Lose next week and we are in deep deep $hit, especially if Burton get something from Accy on Tuesday night.
Morectalk

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:43 am

burton do not come into it, third from bottom, if achieved will be great, and then a cull asap, fresh faces from top to bottom on the football front.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:50 am

Burton don't come into it ? :lol:
Morectalk

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:30 pm

I think Burton could come into the reckoning. It is all well and good having games in hand, but you've got to win them. A few years ago (the season we drew Ipswich at home in the FA Cup I think) we almost got relegated from the conference. We had loads of games and if we won them all we could have been pushing for a high-placed finished. We lost them all winning just a couple of our last 16 or so games and stayed up on the last day. They also still have to come here in a couple of weeks....although given our current home record I can’t see that being much of a challenge for anybody at the moment.

Barnet away on Saturday is massive fixture, perhaps the biggest in our football league history and arguably beyond. Get down to Underhill on Saturday to watch the car crash unfold in front of your very eyes. If we lose then I believe we will get caught by Barnet.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion