Match Day Atmosphere, Ideas

Match Day Atmosphere, Ideas

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:46 am

I know not every Morecambe fan comes on SV's so these ideas may just be between ourselves but I am generally interested to hear what other Shrimps supporters would like on a match day to create the best possible atmosphere (and be the 12th man)

I have a couple of ideas / suggestion

1) Pre match music, which so many chants are based around, Dario G Carnival de paris - Dario G Ring of fire - The Beatles Hey Jude - K'naan Wavin flag - Plus many more that get the crowd going

2) More colour, Scarves, Balloons, Flags, Confetti, Etc

3) Fans to agree an area for those who want to be a part of the core singers (MBW center)

Even though this may only be talked about amongst ourselves on SV's, we could tell others who we know, who attend matches, Fans Club Morecambe could play their part and inform members

FCM could even suggest SV's to their members (I bet there are a few members of FCM who are not registered on SV's)

What ideas do you have or can you add to my suggestions
Last edited by Loyalsupporter on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Re: Match Day Atmosphere, Ideas

Postby broadwayshrimp » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 pm

You mean something like this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Inv49Ghr8

What we need is a couple of guys at the front of the stand orchestrating.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

If only we could get the MBW rocking like that (without the flares)
Loyalsupporter

Postby Lloydie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:40 pm

cheap drinks in the bar and get everyones throats lubricated always helps.

I have to admit I only sing when I've had a few drinks and sure many are the same
Lloydie

Postby ezz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Shots of sambuca as you walk in for all over 18's, shots of coca cola for all kids to get them hyper. i predict a riot
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:If only we could get the MBW rocking like that (without the flares)

Your joking, I have just bought mine :x
Attachments
flare.jpg
flare.jpg (17.66 KiB) Viewed 1924 times
halftimeresults

Postby broadwayshrimp » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:45 pm

halftimeresults wrote:
Loyalsupporter wrote:If only we could get the MBW rocking like that (without the flares)

Your joking, I have just bought mine :x

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note why doesn't the club shop started selling confetti, balloons and small flags. It might encourage kids to buy them pre match and create a more colourful atmosphere.
broadwayshrimp

And after the match ...

Postby Brian C » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Don't forget and spread the word about what Rod Taylor said at the fans forum:

"The players missed the atmosphere created by the fans at the 'Player of the Match' awards in the W&L suite after the match"
"The W&L suite is open to everyone after the final whistle"

Let's pass it on and get more up there, as I was under the belief that it was restricted entry even after the whistle. Maybe it was just at the start of the season!
Brian C

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 pm

The songs before match is very important, maybe we should have a club song like Blackburn Rovers (Wildrover) or Liverpool (Never Walk Alone) that we can sing along to before the lads come out. Flags, normally there are only two in the disable bay to the right of the MBW and id like to thank them two for trying. I think we should have a Eric Morecambe theme one match at home, the only time we do dress up as him is when we play Luton Town, maybe against Macclesfield or Wycombe? I dunno when we could just thought it would be a good idea...
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:34 pm

It's all about passion.

There are plenty of passionate fans who regularly go to games, and I know that a good number of them are on SVs and contribute. For example - those guys who moved down behind the goal against Chesterfield last Saturday were either on drugs, alcohol or had a lorra passion (and I want to believe it is a lorra passion :lol: ) and at least one posts on here every day.

When me and Mrs Lion go to our foam padded, heated, seats in Cell Block C it seems as if we are entering a passion free zone. Apart from the back row and a few down the aisle sides (and you know who you are!! :P ) nobody gives passion a sideways glance. The masses trundle up from their super duper meal, replete with super duper drinks and settle into their seats like a feather pillow, end of passion until they can scamper down to their half time treats. Now I am not stupid and realise that these folk are contributing financially to our future, but they aren't what you might term 'football fanatics'.

If you lot at the back of the MBW stand were to ask...Main Stand, Main Stand give us a song! I would quite happily stand up and yell back...RED ARMY upon which you lot in the MBW would yell back RED ARMY...and of course I would respond with RED ARMY. BUT and let's be bloody honest here chaps, it would just be me and Mrs Lion shouting RED ARMY. Consequently it would all be for nothing, my voice carries a long way but on my own it is worth zilch. Competing in the singing/passion stakes is a lost cause if your season ticket happens to be in the PMG stand, we can't compete unless the majority decide to have a bloody good go.

SO...Main Standbys (PMGers) who are in Shrimpsvoices.

Would you be prepared to stand up with me and shout to the gobby bunch in MBW...RED ARMY? If you say YES then I will happily give it a surge.

Your call (PMGers) on SVs.
Caged Lion

Postby Sammy h » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Caged Lion wrote:It's all about passion.

There are plenty of passionate fans who regularly go to games, and I know that a good number of them are on SVs and contribute. For example - those guys who moved down behind the goal against Chesterfield last Saturday were either on drugs, alcohol or had a lorra passion (and I want to believe it is a lorra passion :lol: ) and at least one posts on here every day.

When me and Mrs Lion go to our foam padded, heated, seats in Cell Block C it seems as if we are entering a passion free zone. Apart from the back row and a few down the aisle sides (and you know who you are!! :P ) nobody gives passion a sideways glance. The masses trundle up from their super duper meal, replete with super duper drinks and settle into their seats like a feather pillow, end of passion until they can scamper down to their half time treats. Now I am not stupid and realise that these folk are contributing financially to our future, but they aren't what you might term 'football fanatics'.

If you lot at the back of the MBW stand were to ask...Main Stand, Main Stand give us a song! I would quite happily stand up and yell back...RED ARMY upon which you lot in the MBW would yell back RED ARMY...and of course I would respond with RED ARMY. BUT and let's be bloody honest here chaps, it would just be me and Mrs Lion shouting RED ARMY. Consequently it would all be for nothing, my voice carries a long way but on my own it is worth zilch. Competing in the singing/passion stakes is a lost cause if your season ticket happens to be in the PMG stand, we can't compete unless the majority decide to have a bloody good go.

Would you be prepared to stand up with me and shout to the gobby bunch in MBW...RED ARMY? If you say YES then I will happily give it a surge.

Alcohol and passion for me, I can't speak for the others though :lol: :lol:

The football does help you make noise, but at the end of the day it is about having a good time and enjoying yourself.

Can't hear the shrimpers sing!
Sammy h

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:On a more serious note why doesn't the club shop started selling confetti, balloons and small flags. It might encourage kids to buy them pre match and create a more colourful atmosphere.

Thats a pretty good suggestion

Confetti canons, harmless fun - £2.50 pack of five

100 Red balloons

90cm x 60cm red n white flags £4

At these kind of prices, you would think you would have regular sales
Loyalsupporter

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Supperstanners13 wrote:The songs before match is very important, maybe we should have a club song like Blackburn Rovers (Wildrover) or Liverpool (Never Walk Alone) that we can sing along to before the lads come out. Flags, normally there are only two in the disable bay to the right of the MBW and id like to thank them two for trying. I think we should have a Eric Morecambe theme one match at home, the only time we do dress up as him is when we play Luton Town, maybe against Macclesfield or Wycombe? I dunno when we could just thought it would be a good idea...

I was under the impression, "Bring me sunshine - Eric Morecambe" would be our song
Loyalsupporter

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:I know not every Morecambe fan comes on SV's so these ideas may just be between ourselves but I am generally interested to hear what other Shrimps supporters would like on a match day to create the best possible atmosphere (and be the 12th man)

1) Pre match music, which so many chants are based around, Dario G Carnival de paris - Dario G Ring of fire - The Beatles Hey Jude - K'naan Wavin flag - Plus many more that get the crowd going

3) Fans to agree an area for those who want to be a part of the core singers (MBW center)

Even though this may only be talked about amongst ourselves on SV's, we could tell others who we know, who attend matches, Fans Club Morecambe could play their part and inform members

FCM could even suggest SV's to their members (I bet there are a few members of FCM who are not registered on SV's)

Some good ideas, but we have tried this before I spent a fortune last season mid way through on balloons and confetti and it never took off, if more people got involved like they say they want too, but actually do this time then its possible!! otherwise it will never get going, simples!
thegentlegiant

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Caged Lion wrote:

I sang The Lion Sleeps Tonight at the Oxford game but it didn't seem to wake you. Or a.body else up
!
Can't hear the wine stand sing,
Can't hear the wine stand sing, we'll sing on our own,
We'll sing on our own, we'll sing on our own,
We are the Main Stand, we'll sing on our own
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:25 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
Loyalsupporter wrote:I know not every Morecambe fan comes on SV's so these ideas may just be between ourselves but I am generally interested to hear what other Shrimps supporters would like on a match day to create the best possible atmosphere (and be the 12th man)

Some good ideas, but we have tried this before I spent a fortune last season mid way through on balloons and confetti and it never took off, if more people got involved like they say they want too, but actually do this time then its possible!! otherwise it will never get going, simples!

I know what your saying, myself and another SV member used to buy thousands of balloons and tried our best to get the fans in the north stand to help blow them up, we even mentioned that we could supply the cat with loads to give out but nothing ever came of it

its damn hard work trying to blow 50-100 balloons half hour before KO (never mind 3000 which I purchased)
Loyalsupporter

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 am

Maybe MFC could have a stall round the back of the MBW, selling these kind of things

little stall for the boys/girls selling everything, matchday programme, open the box ticket, confetti cannon, flags, red n white hats, balloons and other bits an bobs
Loyalsupporter

Postby stevanshrimp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:35 am

A bit of banter with Mark S; and Midd's with the MBW'ers(I hate that name!!) before the match might help to raise the volume.

Half-time entertainment.....to get the crowd going in the PMg and MBW.

Christie the Cat could be our Orchestrator/conducter of songs, even to get fans jumping,
waving etc.

Two drums. One to the left and one to the right, i'm sure more people would join in.
Who dares to drum in the PMg :o :lol:
That would get'em going....one way or another!

The next Fans meeting. Perhaps there should be "Shrimps choir practice" 8-)
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:43 am

marky No.1 wrote:
I sang The Lion Sleeps Tonight at the Oxford game but it didn't seem to wake you. Or a.body else up

Very pretty rendition too, however the performance that day set the tone for the season so far...ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

marky No.1 wrote:Can't hear the wine stand sing,
Can't hear the wine stand sing, we'll sing on our own,
We'll sing on our own, we'll sing on our own,
We are the Main Stand, we'll sing on our own

I have no choice but to sing on my own Marky No 1. Maybe it should be renamed the Morgue Stand?

Winos, winos give us a song
Winos, winos give us a song
Ssshhhhh......
Caged Lion

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 am

stevanshrimp wrote:Two drums. One to the left and one to the right, i'm sure more people would join in.
Who dares to drum in the PMg :o :lol:
That would get'em going....one way or another!)

Already been down this avenue. Drums are only allowed behind the goals 8-)

Go on Mr. Lion make the Shrimps Roar!!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:04 am

I am bringing some family members tomorrow who have never been to a morecambe game so I am hoping the atmosphere is great and they want to come again!! :D
thegentlegiant

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 am

Loyalsupporter wrote:I was under the impression, "Bring me sunshine - Eric Morecambe" would be our song

It is, and we should make more of it really.

I love it when Mark plays it pre-match and we should really try and get the crowd singing along. Lyrics here for those in any doubt:

http://www.codehot.co.uk/lyrics/mnop/mo ... nshine.htm

Best I have heard our fans singing this was at Preston in the first Carling Cup tie, even brought a smile to the PNE Stewards faces !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:49 am

Alternatively, buy one of these from Phill :

http://www.morecambefcshop.co.uk/prod_i ... prodid=146
Seasider9601

Postby Shrimp boat captain » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Hello Boys and girls :D

You dont have to worry about the atmosphere tomorrow as i have some great ideas for songs.

I'd rather be a shrimper than a shrimp,X2 rather be a shrimper,rather be a shrimper ;)
and
You nicked our shrimp badge,you nicked our shrimp badge! ;)

should be a good one and i know a lot of shrimpers are really looking forward to visiting your new ground :mrgreen:
Shrimp boat captain

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Shrimp boat captain wrote:Hello Boys and girls :D

You dont have to worry about the atmosphere tomorrow as i have some great ideas for songs.

I'd rather be a shrimper than a shrimp,X2 rather be a shrimper,rather be a shrimper ;)
and
You nicked our shrimp badge,you nicked our shrimp badge! ;)

should be a good one and i know a lot of shrimpers are really looking forward to visiting your new ground :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing you all too ShrimpER !!!

How many are you likely to bring up mate ?
Seasider9601

Next

Return to General Discussion