World cup cricket

World cup cricket

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:25 pm

halftimeresults

Re: World cup cricket

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Fully deserved, a great knock by Kevin O'Brien
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Sharpy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:17 pm

England once again a joke in the field. 2 sitters dropped in the first 10 overs. Prior with keepers on ffs!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:57 am

Its ridiculous, I've been saying it for years that you always need to play your best keeper regardless of batting ability. James Foster has consistently been England's best keeper and is forever overlooked. He would make useful not outstanding runs but would save England countless runs in the field and take most of the chances coming his way.
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby Ntini » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 am

I don't think it's the keeper we need to worry about. What worries me most is the fact that we have bowlers who aren't properly fit and who look like they don't want to be there. Then when they start bowling half-trackers and full tosses, it makes it too easy for the opposition to get into a game. Very poor, and very disappointing.

But fair play to the Irish, they deserved it. What a run-chase, and what a knock by O'Brien!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby shrimper » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:24 pm

The Ashes was clearly this year's priority and it shows.

I suppose it's a bit like sending an England football team - its players already having done most of a league season (then a couple of tours abroad) - to the World Cup, winning it (as if!).... then asking them to go straight to another contenent and play in a five-a-side world cup and do well in that.

I know other nations have played tests etc but there's not much to compare with the Ashes in terms of intensity.

I backed Pakistan at the outset and I see no reason to change.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Ntini » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 pm

shrimper wrote:I backed Pakistan at the outset and I see no reason to change.

If I had to put my money on anyone, it would be Sri Lanka. Fit and firing, they can beat anyone.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Mike W. » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Glad we won the Ashes - that was what EALLY counts - much less interest in the one day game - you need to see a properly planned and played game over a decntly long period, like 4 or 5 days - one day cricket is Kiddies' Cricket for people with limited attention spans.

Mike W.
Mike W.

Postby Mike W. » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Glad we won the Ashes - that was what REALLY counts - much less interest in the one day game - you need to see a properly planned and played game over a decntly long period, like 4 or 5 days - one day cricket is Kiddies' Cricket for people with limited attention spans.

Mike W.
Mike W.

Postby Sammy h » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:59 pm

I don't know cricket that much and watch it occasionally.

I know the ashes is a big thing, pride against the aussies etc etc, but surely winning the WORLD cup is better than winning one team?

**PREPARING TO BE SHOT DOWN**
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Sammy h wrote:I don't know cricket that much...

...and I almost fell asleep reading this far through the thread...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Can't really blame the bowling; flat, slow wickets in humid conditions. This World Cup will be a run fest, which I actually don't find that entertaining. Give me a test match any day.....more time to get pissed.

Not a single test matches in the sporting powerhouse that is the North of England this summer. An absolute disgrace. Yet Cardiff gets a match, sheep shagging so and so's!
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Keith wrote:
Sammy h wrote:I don't know cricket that much...

...and I almost fell asleep reading this far through the thread...

You made it all the way down to my post :lol:
Sammy h

Postby marky » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Can't really blame the bowling; flat, slow wickets in humid conditions. This World Cup will be a run fest, which I actually don't find that entertaining. Give me a test match any day.....more time to get pissed.

Run fests are pretty common on the sub continent. India have an astonishingly good batting line up but that's hardly surprising given they play on uber-batsman friendly pitches all the time! The best one day matches are usually those in which bowling sides at least have something semi-decent to bowl on. Still, England should still have beaten Ireland comfortably given the position they were in after 25 overs.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Freez » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:48 am

Surely nobody was surprised by the Irish defeat, have you seen the Magners advert?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Return to General Discussion