Free travel to Barnet game (old thread)

Re: Free travel to Barnet game

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:59 pm

halftimeresults wrote:
bentomlinsonMFC wrote:Does anybody know the number tor ring?And how many coaches they putting on? :D

http://www.thevengabus.com/

Thankyou mate :)
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:40 pm

halftimeresults wrote:
bentomlinsonMFC wrote:Does anybody know the number tor ring?And how many coaches they putting on? :D

http://www.thevengabus.com/

I've booked that for December!! :D :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:43 pm

brilliant gesture from the club, I'm sure the fans will respond positively, it's a must for anyone that can make it, we should definitely make it a theme day, fancy dress, inflatables, the lot, lets get the choir warmed up on saturday against Southend.

Thanks to the club, and especially Neil marsdin for having suggested it in the first place.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Wonder if our generous directors will limit the number of coaches? With a free ride and a bit of promotion we could potentially take 500 to a ground we would normally take 50!

Was going to go to Bury but this has now put me in a dilema. Surely the wife won't let me have two away trips in a week? :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby Joelinho » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Anyone thinking fancy dress? Time to dust off the Hawaiian shirt..
Joelinho

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 pm

This is great news. Well done the club :D

I never expected to be able to go to this game, and lo and behold now that travel to Barnet is free...I still can't go :cry: We organised an all day 21st party for one of my lads, how bitter sweet is that?
Caged Lion

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Caged Lion wrote:This is great news. Well done the club :D

I never expected to be able to go to this game, and lo and behold now that travel to Barnet is free...I still can't go :cry: We organised an all day 21st party for one of my lads, how bitter sweet is that?

You can still have your all day party. Just wear red and Bob's ya Uncle
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:05 pm

bigreddog wrote:brilliant gesture from the club, I'm sure the fans will respond positively, it's a must for anyone that can make it, we should definitely make it a theme day, fancy dress, inflatables, the lot, lets get the choir warmed up on saturday against Southend.

Thanks to the club, and especially Neil marsdin for having suggested it in the first place.

Mmm? I like my Boy George outfit... but I also like my Freddie Mercury. Which one's best?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:13 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

Bob's the name of our cat!

Also Marky I first mooted the 'free bus' idea on one of your 'Time for a rant' threads in early January, and Neil Marsden gets all the credit...humph

Have a great day, I will be singing Can't hear the Morecambe sing, can't hear the Morecambe sing - on top note as the G&Ts kick in - I'll sing on my own, I'll sing on my oooowwwn
Caged Lion

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 pm

If there's a bus i'm there - just as long as Rod Taylors not on it! :o :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm

shrimper wrote:
bigreddog wrote:brilliant gesture from the club, I'm sure the fans will respond positively, it's a must for anyone that can make it, we should definitely make it a theme day, fancy dress, inflatables, the lot, lets get the choir warmed up on saturday against Southend.

Mmm? I like my Boy George outfit... but I also like my Freddie Mercury. Which one's best?

Only one way to find out.
heysham_mfc

Postby DTSJim » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:07 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
shrimper wrote:

Only one way to find out.

FIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DTSJim

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 am

Caged Lion wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Bob's the name of our cat!

Also Marky I first mooted the 'free bus' idea on one of your 'Time for a rant' threads in early January, and Neil Marsden gets all the credit...humph

You did indeed! Did you ever write a story about a young man called Harry wearing glasses who thought he was a wizard? - Then you would really be in the money! :lol:

Caged Lion wrote:Couldn't the club put on a few coaches to ship fans to away games for free? It must be disheartening to only find a handful of fans going to away games.

I have another 4 away games pencilled in and wish it could be more, it seems to me that the team need every scrap of encouragement we can give them. It is downright painful to experience this frustration, I can't imagine how it must be for the management and players.

Barnet Fans have got wind of our mass following and are expecting a "We Will Miss You" banner

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=264
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:28 am

what's the chances of us taking the full away allocation think its around 1,500?
thegentlegiant

Postby Pobble » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 am

ezz wrote:wonder if pobble is going :lol:

Does this mean that I am now your long lost best friend. ???
Apparently I am not allowed to go `cos I have criticized the Board.
Actually I can`t go because I`m having hospital treatment.
Hope you all have a great day and come back celebrating a 5 nil win.
Pobble

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:24 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:what's the chances of us taking the full away allocation think its around 1,500?

Erm....totally non-existent??? We struggle to get that at home games these days. I hope I'm wrong.

Barnet is still a fair distance, and although it is potentially a massive game for us I'm not sure the prospect of a 9 hour round trip will have the masses flocking even with free transport. I'd say 250-400 would be a more realistic and achievable estimate. I'd be delighted if we took more than that!

Anybody know if Sardines on Tour is still on for this match?
RedRedWine1

Postby MfcChris » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Sammy h wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Fantastic. Saves me about £70 in Petrol!

Hopefully a lot of fans that don't usually go can go, but I doubt it will be hundreds. Although it would probably be 60 without this.

Anyone who moaned previously about our fantastic board, are banned!

Sammy h & RRW (not spud), you probably want to sit with me 8-)

Aslong as I get to see your MFC tattoos it's a date.

Look forward to it 8f3 35r15!

You can look.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm

marky No.1 wrote: You did indeed! Did you ever write a story about a young man called Harry wearing glasses who thought he was a wizard? - Then you would really be in the money! :lol:

Phewee...you clever individual Marky :o Now you know why we can afford to sit in Cell Block C. Just flying out to Valencia as I type to take up our seats beside the Barca President. He loves a tall story too :P

However, I can't be arsed with the non-singing sections in Cell Block C so we are back behind the goals next season where we can sit on the steps and eat our pie, peas and gravy without worrying about where to put the empty containers. Changing my sv's name when we go back there to Free Willy ;)
Caged Lion

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 pm

While I agree it’s a great gesture by the club, board, management and player’s, I would be very surprised if we took any more than 3 coaches (150ish).

What people also need to realise is that as these will be “official match day transport” there are rules and regulations that will need to be followed, that are different from independent travel.
Thing like total ban on alcohol, also I would be surprised if juniors were allowed to travel unaccompanied.

Also, do you think the club should ask Barnet for tickets, that way when a ticket was purchased a seat could be allocated to you on the coach, that way by say 4pm on the Friday they would know the number of coaches needed, rather than just hoping everybody who said they would go do go. If nothing is to lose some people might wake up Saturday morning look out the window see it raining and think sod it, I’m not going, but if they have had to pay for a ticket they are more likely to go?

RedRedWine wrote:Anybody know if Sardines on Tour is still on for this match?

Yes we will be there, how many and by what means is yet to be decided
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby glagys » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:59 pm

although i think this a great idea by the club i am a little worried that there will be a lot of free loaders who will only be going cos it's free,
and could harm the chances of real fans getting a seat it the number of coaches is limited so i also think that you need to purchase a Barnet ground ticket before the match and you need to show two proofs of support by showing the ticket stubbs for the last two home games prior to the Barnet game which is Southend and Bratford thus giving us another couple of big gates ??
just an idea
glagys

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:05 pm

glagys wrote:although i think this a great idea by the club i am a little worried that there will be a lot of free loaders who will only be going cos it's free,
and could harm the chances of real fans getting a seat it the number of coaches is limited so i also think that you need to purchase a Barnet ground ticket before the match and you need to show two proofs of support by showing the ticket stubbs for the last two home games prior to the Barnet game which is Southend and Bratford thus giving us another couple of big gates ??
just an idea

Great idea but surely you mean ticket stubbs from two previous away trips?
morecambe mick

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Peter McGuigan wrote:we will put on as many coaches as we need for the game

The coaches are not limited so nobody will miss out. Outsider is right though that people should have to buy their match day tickets in order to reserve a seat, otherwise no doubt some will just not turn up on the day.
Morecambe Jack

Postby glagys » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Great idea but surely you mean ticket stubbs from two previous away trips?

no i mean home games,
that way people have to come to the game thus getting better crowds and more revenue
all is good
glagys

Postby bigreddog » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Joelinho wrote:Anyone thinking fancy dress? Time to dust off the Hawaiian shirt..

Though I would love to see shrimper in womens' clothing, I'm all for the Hawaiin shirt theme, if only because it wont mean any further purchases for the wardrobe.

I like the sound of The Barnet Beach Party, Hawaiin shirts, inflatable palm trees et al, then maybe shrimper can wear a grass skirt and fit in while fullfilling his ambitions to be a cross dresser.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:59 pm

I would think the Board are digesting Fans discussion, before they decide exactly which road to go down, apart from the M6 and M1 of course

In the meantime Barnet strengthen with 2 players from the Championship

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 412195.stm
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion