Chesterfield 0 Morecambe 2 Hurst, Spencer

Re: Chesterfield 0 Morecambe 2 Hurst, Spencer

Postby outsider » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 pm

MfcChris wrote:Today was very good and similar to Shrewsbury last season in terms of joy and atmosphere and general enjoyment. Awesome stuff.

That reminds me, fancy dress is obviously Port Vale being the last away game?

Keith, you are happy. You are usually mentioning we are in a relegation scrap all the time.

nope Crewe on Good Friday as PV are a miserable bunch
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Just arrived back at the zoo and I am still buzzing. That was absolutely tremendous and the players were pretty good too!

MoM for me was Danny who really makes the oppo realise they have a fight on their hands. It is exactly what we have been missing most of the season, aggression, never-say-die attitude and a willingness to take a shot. I thought the Hurst goal hadn't gone in at first and it was such a rush when Spencer's effort found the top corner. Chesterfield barely got out of their half for the first 45 and despite huffing and puffing during the second 45 we were their equal.

My other MoM was us lot...we were bloody awesome. If we could bottle that passion we would all be millionaires.
Caged Lion

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:27 pm

MoM for me was Danny 8-) 8-) 8-)

dc is firing on NOT4 but 6 :lol: :lol: :D
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 pm

MfcChris wrote:Keith, you are happy.

I am!

MfcChris wrote:
You are usually mentioning we are in a relegation scrap all the time.

We are!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Robert Jackson » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Of course, Robert could just be a miserable git weeping in a tank of his own insecure, unsatisfying squalor....

Well hopefully I don't fit that description, but you never know.

The point I was trying to make was that after the result at Shrewsbury at the beginning of the year, it looked like a corner may have been turned. It proved to be a false dawn. The team since then has had a good number of poor performances and poor results. I am merely questioning if Mr. McIlroy is the right man to continue to take the club forward. Agreed it was an amazing result today, but if it's followed by six or seven more disappointing results, then I feel progress isn't being made.
Robert Jackson

Postby Optimist » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:21 am

Robert Jackson wrote:
Of course, Robert could just be a miserable git weeping in a tank of his own insecure, unsatisfying squalor....

Well hopefully I don't fit that description, but you never know.

The point I was trying to make was that after the result at Shrewsbury at the beginning of the year, it looked like a corner may have been turned. It proved to be a false dawn. The team since then has had a good number of poor performances and poor results. I am merely questioning if Mr. McIlroy is the right man to continue to take the club forward. Agreed it was an amazing result today, but if it's followed by six or seven more disappointing results, then I feel progress isn't being made.

People like you [reaslly upset me quite considerably] off though, its almost like you want McIlroy to fail. He is a League 2 manager ffs, i.e. not invinsible. His achievements will undermine you.
Optimist

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 pm

We just looked liked we wanted it more we were first to every ball won every 50/50 and just had more fight than them. It has been a long time coming but finally the players pulled their socks up and got stuck in like Sammy has kept asking.

The football wasn't great but it was a great away performance, frustrate the home team and not give them any time to play, close them down etc. We kept that up for th full 90mins and the effort was superb.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:41 pm

P/T Indie wrote:We just looked liked we wanted it more we were first to every ball won every 50/50 and just had more fight than them. It has been a long time coming but finally the players pulled their socks up and got stuck in like Sammy has kept asking.

The football wasn't great but it was a great away performance, frustrate the home team and not give them any time to play, close them down etc. We kept that up for th full 90mins and the effort was superb.

Why can't we have all of the above at a home game?? Please? :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Posh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 pm

In order to build on Saturday's win the one thing Sammy could do is to stick with the team that won and build a settled side. This season we've played six centre backs, five right backs and more midfielders than you could shake a stick at.

It may be that Saturday's starting 11 might not be our best 11 but they deserve the opportunity to be given a serious run of games to build on this result. In order to achieve that I wouldn't bring Stanners back, even if he his playing well at Torquay, and I wouldn't recall Will Haining. Let's put some faith in these players and see what we get back. Consistency is vital and a consistent side would help in my view.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby parkyboy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 am

Forget about Stanners cos Drummie and Flemig dd an excellent Job on Saturday backed up by Hurst and deserve to keep there places for at least the next 4 matches to build on what s already good
parkyboy

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 am

Posh wrote:In order to build on Saturday's win the one thing Sammy could do is to stick with the team that won and build a settled side. This season we've played six centre backs, five right backs and more midfielders than you could shake a stick at.

It may be that Saturday's starting 11 might not be our best 11 but they deserve the opportunity to be given a serious run of games to build on this result. In order to achieve that I wouldn't bring Stanners back, even if he his playing well at Torquay, and I wouldn't recall Will Haining. Let's put some faith in these players and see what we get back. Consistency is vital and a consistent side would help in my view.

He's already back with us.
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:35 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:He's already back with us.

but injured?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm not sure what Lesterfield fans are chuntering about, a clear breach of the rules for their correctly disallowed goal. As I suspected at the time, Gypsy Lee should have done better for Hursts opener. Charnock should have made it two with his header from close range. I don't think they should have any complaints losing as 2-0, a fair reflection of the game in my eyes.
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Keith wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:He's already back with us.

but injured?

Yep although MM has said on the clubs website that he wouln't mind having him back once he's fit again.
heysham_mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion