BOARD OF OSTRICHES

BOARD OF OSTRICHES

Postby Pobble » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 am

Everybody seems to forget that the only people that can make Sammy go are sitting in their ivory tower with their heads so deep in the ground they possibly are looking down on Australia.
If we get relegated it will cost the club a hell of a lot more than paying off two people who are not up to the job they are contracted to do.
Directors of any business take all the praise when things are going well,so they have to be prepared to act when things go wrong, where are they now, their sound is deafening.!
We have a great new ground, or three quarters of a ground, comfortable seats in a superb stand, and provided with utter rubbish to watch.
Sammy gets blame for the ridiculous signings of players who are other clubs castoffs, but he would not be able to do it without Board sanction.!
Yet we all blame Sammy, and I am his biggest critic, but no mention is made of the people who have the power to stop his antics.
We can all therefore only assume that the majority of the Board of MFC are not worried if we are playing Fleetwood next season.
Last edited by Pobble on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pobble

Re: BOARD OF OSTRICHES

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 am

Nice one, I forgot our owners are too rich to care whether their business goes down the toilet.
Don't you have a hobby?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Pobble » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 am

ezz wrote:Nice one, I forgot our owners are too rich to care whether their business goes down the toilet.
Don't you have a hobby?

Are you Bare Ben in disguise, thats a ridiculous remark, I can only assume you are happy with the situation.
Pobble

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Pobble wrote:Everybody seems to forget that the only people that can make Sammy go are sitting in their ivory tower with their heads so deep in the ground
Directors of any business take all the praise when things are going well,so they have to be prepared to act when things go wrong, where are they now, their sound is deafening.!
We have a great new ground, or three quarters of a ground, comfortable seats in a superb stand, and provided with utter rubbish to watch.
We can all therefore only assume that the majority of the Board of MFC are not worried if we are playing Fleetwood next season.

That's one hell of a neck!

And that's what you have, coming up with tosh like that. Had it not been for this board, their financial input, business acumen and their support for their manager we wouldn't be in the Football League and we wouldn't have this great facility (for the town, not just us football supporters).

They'll do what's right, when it's right - and if not then frankly this town doesn't support the club well enough to moan. The board does - and has for many years.
It's out of order having a pop at them and accusing them of not caring - with the crap they've put up with on and off from some people (thankfully a small minority) over the years we should just be thankful they've stuck with it.

Wind your enormous neck in.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Pobble wrote:
ezz wrote:Nice one, I forgot our owners are too rich to care whether their business goes down the toilet.
Don't you have a hobby?

Are you Bare Ben in disguise, thats a ridiculous remark, I can only assume you are happy with the situation.

Yes a ridiculous remark, because you have more business sense thatn our board who got us here in the first place, who have made few if any business mistakes in the last 20 years.
I'm sure they don't give a toss and are on holiday as we speak toasting to a cocktail.

Go back to your Bradford forum
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm

I think Mr. Rod Taylor and the board of directors will be as upset as any supporter that the team are not performing this season, don't forget Rod Taylor is first and foremost a true fan of our club, and I have every faith that the right decisions will be made at the right time, for the future good of all of us. Yes, everyone has an opinion, but do they have the knowledge and facts at their disposal?
I certainly don't, and that's why I will never comment on things I have no knowledge of, therefore, regarding Sammy, let the board make the decision when they feel ready.
I believe they are working flat out behind the scenes to make things better both on and off the field.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Gnasher » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Everybody seems to forget that the only people that can make Sammy go are sitting in their ivory tower with their heads so deep in the ground they possibly are looking down on Australia.

Aspers, can you tell them Pobble wants a word .....
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 am

I heard that Rod is looking for pobble and he is not happy
Attachments
ostrich-7432071.jpg
ostrich-7432071.jpg (26.51 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
halftimeresults

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Rod and Emu has a ring to it
emu.jpg

Are you up for the chair after your Birthday exploits, Ben?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqrg_VCPgAQ
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I think Mr. Rod Taylor and the board of directors will be as upset as any supporter that the team are not performing this season, don't forget Rod Taylor is first and foremost a true fan of our club, and I have every faith that the right decisions will be made at the right time, for the future good of all of us. Yes, everyone has an opinion, but do they have the knowledge and facts at their disposal?
I certainly don't, and that's why I will never comment on things I have no knowledge of, therefore, regarding Sammy, let the board make the decision when they feel ready.
I believe they are working flat out behind the scenes to make things better both on and off the field.

Well said.
morecambe mick

Postby Posh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:39 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:I think Mr. Rod Taylor and the board of directors will be as upset as any supporter that the team are not performing this season, don't forget Rod Taylor is first and foremost a true fan of our club, and I have every faith that the right decisions will be made at the right time, for the future good of all of us. Yes, everyone has an opinion, but do they have the knowledge and facts at their disposal?

Well said.

Thirded. There will a statue of Rod one day.

To get back to the subject I'm Bored of Meerkats. On the telly far too much in my opinion.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby BLS BOY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Oh come on Mike, you know how simples it is to turn over to BBC!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Aspers » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:18 am

Aspers, can you tell them Pobble wants a word .....

Sorted Gnasher,
Sydney FC McFlynn and all have had a shocking season.
We are about to compete in the Asian Champions League.

POBBLE COME ON DOWN!!! 8-)
Aspers

Return to General Discussion