Be interesting if the town comes out to support the team.

Be interesting if the town comes out to support the team.

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 pm

If or more likely when it comes to it, the last few home games of the season we need to win, will the town show up in force or wither away?
Many on here are still kidding themselves that if we get a new manager then we'll be fine, but new manager or not it's going to go down to the wire. It's time we did our part whether the football is entertaining or not, something needs to happen. By not going or by assuming the worst we as the fans are putting the final nail in our league coffin. Not just the fans but the club too, advertising, promotions, reach out to the town and raise the attendances for the games that remain because the lads on the pitch need all the help they can get.

Couldn't be better timing for the supporters club to try something with the club, whether its big or small.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Be interesting if the town comes out to support the team.

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:12 pm

ezz wrote:If or more likely when it comes to it, the last few home games of the season we need to win, will the town show up in force or wither away?
Many on here are still kidding themselves that if we get a new manager then we'll be fine, but new manager or not it's going to go down to the wire. It's time we did our part whether the football is entertaining or not, something needs to happen. By not going or by assuming the worst we as the fans are putting the final nail in our league coffin. Not just the fans but the club too, advertising, promotions, reach out to the town and raise the attendances for the games that remain because the lads on the pitch need all the help they can get.

Couldn't be better timing for the supporters club to try something with the club, whether its big or small.

Good idea ezz, more support could make the lads think how much we do support them and want them to stay up...maybe a recurring £1 a kind for a few weeks or cheaper tickets?
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Loyalsupporter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Would be nice if we could do something about the atmosphere, we are far too quiet for too long (fair enough we made some noise in the second half against Oxford but we did nothing at all in the first half)

Whoever has that drum, you are the heart of the MBW, when your not beating "its dead"

would be nice if we could get someone playing a trumpet (have our very own band in the back of the MBW)

I used to bring balloons when we were at CP but there was only a small ground who helped out, and most Kids cant tie knots (unbelievable)

What happened to the flags, fair enough its too cold to wave scarves

maybe pre match we could have some football related music to get us going, Vindaloo - fat les, Wavin flag - K'naan, Ring of Fire - Jonny Cash and many more songs which get the fans warmed up pre match

Both the team performance and crowd atmosphere have been poor at times this season.

Lets hope that we can change our ways
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:28 pm

But please please please don't get rid of Mr.Blue Sky by the wonderful ELO.
Mark S plays that a lot and I LOVE IT!!! :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 pm

And don't even THINK about getting rid of Liquidator by the Harry J Allstars !!!

That track is bloody superb !!!

We should get the MBW and the drums banging and a clapping at the crucial bits in the tune !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Loyalsupporter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:But please please please don't get rid of Mr.Blue Sky by the wonderful ELO.
Mark S plays that a lot and I LOVE IT!!! :)

Parts of that song remind me of the original "Thomas the tank engine" theme tune
Loyalsupporter

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:41 pm

That's where Jeff Lynne got the idea! but don't tell anyone ;)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby steve mfc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:46 pm

ezz wrote:If or more likely when it comes to it, the last few home games of the season we need to win, will the town show up in force or wither away?

Just a thought but what about everyone who has joined the supporters club getting in the MBW stand behind the goals in the centre and really giving some vocal support.

After all isn't this the most important thing do when they need it the most, obviously a lot of members will have season tickets for the PMG Stand but as long as you are physically able to stand for the length of the match and are willing to do it then i cant see the club objecting to it especially with the crowds being so low.
steve mfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Yes, but just imagine the chaos it would cause with the ticket office, people with season tickets for PMG stand trying to get into the MBW? "Sorry sir, can I direct you to the correct place?"
seasonsinthesun

Postby Loyalsupporter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 pm

How about we create a post and ask all those who are on SV's who want to be amongst the atmosphere to be at or around "X Y Z" at the next home game.

at the moment we dont have many who will start songs/chants so we rely heavily on the drummer, maybe if we all get together there could be more of a chance to get the song / chants going

sometimes I have to bite my lip to stop my self singing (in fear of been on my own, cos I aint with the main core)

we dont need this thread to be a sticky cos we can keep bumping it with useful info such as lyrics to songs and chants or even new stuff like "the lion sleeps tonight" (or whatever it's called)
Loyalsupporter

Postby outsider » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:How about we create a post and ask all those who are on SV's who want to be amongst the atmosphere to be at or around "X Y Z" at the next home game.

at the moment we dont have many who will start songs/chants so we rely heavily on the drummer, maybe if we all get together there could be more of a chance to get the song / chants going

sometimes I have to bite my lip to stop my self singing (in fear of been on my own, cos I aint with the main core)

we dont need this thread to be a sticky cos we can keep bumping it with useful info such as lyrics to songs and chants or even new stuff like "the lion sleeps tonight" (or whatever it's called)

I stand just at the side of the goal and never bite my lip, just start singing, people do join in, and you get used to the funny looks, SING LOUD SING PROUD,

maybe we need a chant of "HANDS UP IF YOU STILL BELIEVE" to let the team know we are still behind them?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Loyalsupporter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:33 pm

outsider wrote:
Loyalsupporter wrote:

I stand just at the side of the goal and never bite my lip, just start singing, people do join in, and you get used to the funny looks, SING LOUD SING PROUD,

You cant be far away from myself, I am normally in the middle, near to the scaffold we have inherited
Loyalsupporter

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Straight from the go on our next home match, we should make as much noise as possible. plenty of Sammy mac's barmy army going. Show the team vocally were behind both players and managers
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:02 pm

ezz wrote:Straight from the go on our next home match, we should make as much noise as possible. plenty of Sammy mac's barmy army going. Show the team vocally were behind both players and managers

We have an away game at Chesterfield to deal with first 8-)
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Hence the next 'home' match right in the middle there :o

x
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:08 pm

ezz wrote:Hence the next 'home' match right in the middle there :o

x

Touchy touchy :lol: You have been busy on here today Mr Ezz.
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Day off work :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion