Sammy McIlroy

Re: Sammy McIlroy

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:40 pm

You can call me what you want, but what wont change is the fact that my socks are cooler than yours
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Morectalk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Much as though I think a new manager is needed asap, I for one would not dream of giving it the "Sammy OUT" chant. Far too disrespectful, and not the view of everyone behind the goal. It will be interesting to see if any pockets of fans start this sort of chant in the coming weeks, should our form not improve.
Morectalk

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:47 pm

A few started singing sammy out last night in reaction to letting the first goal in. Blancmanges.
RedRedWine1

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 pm

RedRedWine wrote:A few started singing sammy out last night in reaction to letting the first goal in. Blancmanges.

I have never said sing the Sammy out chant, just refuse to chant his name at matches until we begin a decent run
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:03 pm

The guy that did start that chant got a stern telling off from a young lady :lol: He stopped after it too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Were you that lady sammi?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Pobble » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Supperstanners13 wrote:Hello fellow supporters,
I, as of most of you, have lost the faith in Sammy. The last 2 results have been a disgrace to Morecambe. I find it annoying fans keep on singing Sammy's name at matche's. If we want to show to the board how we feel, we need to stop doing this and chant the name of the people we want in the dugout, like Jimbo or John Coleman. If there are any fans who really truly want Sammy to leave, just refuse to praise him at matches, maybe even chant Mark Lillis'es name, bad results boo Sammy not the lads. Otherwise, the board will think we still want him in charge, when most of us have been calling for his head for a while.

Don`t let the Crazy Gang put you off having your own opinion. Every club and organisation need people of your age to state their views and you should be listened to. Nobody should have to agree with everybody but do not be put off by people like Ezz and Ntini who appear to think the MFC Board are the new 12 Apostles and should be worshiped as such, the Board are normal human beings like the rest of us and not always correct, and the word Sammy should only be mentioned with due deference.
I think your posted apology shows you are better person than the others ever will be.
In my opinion, the best suggestion was made by Seasider 9601 who usually posts commonsense
Just a little extra, I think we are lucky to be able to witness a new addition to the New Testament, " The Book of Ezz" containing everything we need to know to run a Business, whether it be a football club or a donkey ride.
Pobble

Postby Ntini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Pobble wrote:
I, as of most of you, have lost the faith in Sammy. The last 2 results have been a disgrace to Morecambe. I find it annoying fans keep on singing Sammy's name at matche's. If we want to show to the board how we feel, we need to stop doing this and chant the name of the people we want in the dugout, like Jimbo or John Coleman. If there are any fans who really truly want Sammy to leave, just refuse to praise him at matches, maybe even chant Mark Lillis'es name, bad results boo Sammy not the lads. Otherwise, the board will think we still want him in charge, when most of us have been calling for his head for a while.

Don`t let the Crazy Gang put you off having your own opinion. Every club and organisation need people of your age to state their views and you should be listened to. Nobody should have to agree with everybody but do not be put off by people like Ezz and Ntini who appear to think the MFC Board are the new 12 Apostles and should be worshiped as such, the Board are normal human beings like the rest of us and not always correct, and the word Sammy should only be mentioned with due deference.
I think your posted apology shows you are better person than the others ever will be.
In my opinion, the best suggestion was made by Seasider 9601 who usually posts commonsense
Just a little extra, I think we are lucky to be able to witness a new addition to the New Testament, " The Book of Ezz" containing everything we need to know to run a Business, whether it be a football club or a donkey ride.

I'd like to see you search through my posts and find out where I have said that the board are always correct or that the sun shines out of Sammy's arse. People make wrong decisions all the time, and that includes the board, manager and players, as well as supporters. However, blatently slagging them off as you have (despite their hard work and investment in the club) or making statements that could affect someone's reputation are what I have commented on.
This is a board for people to discuss and debate. I would encourage Superstanners13 and yourself to do so as often as you wish. You have your opinions, and I respect them. I don't expect you to agree with me or anyone else all the time, indeed if ever. But there is a line between having an opinion and offending people. I believe that some people just need to take a step back and look where the line is.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ezz » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Pobble wrote:

Still wondering where this evidence is that the board have done anything wrong? Which business decisions have they got wrong so far?
I'm just curious, you just blow hot air with no evidence and then when your found out you base them on nothing you resort to personal attacks. I don't mind people's opinion's its just yours are ridiculous and are backed up with nothing!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Pobble » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 pm

I'd like to see you search through my posts and find out where I have said that the board are always correct or that the sun shines out of Sammy's arse. People make wrong decisions all the time, and that includes the board, manager and players, as well as supporters. However, blatently slagging them off as you have (despite their hard work and investment in the club) or making statements that could affect someone's reputation are what I have commented on.
This is a board for people to discuss and debate. I would encourage Superstanners13 and yourself to do so as often as you wish. You have your opinions, and I respect them. I don't expect you to agree with me or anyone else all the time, indeed if ever. But there is a line between having an opinion and offending people. I believe that some people just need to take a step back and look where the line is.[/quote]
If I have understood you wrongly I totally apologise.. I got the impression that you felt that the Board could do no wrong. They have done a great job in the main, but we are in dire straits at the moment and a statement to the supporters as to their intentions re the future would be appreciated by many.
I get the impression that you feel that Sammy should stay, I would not agree but accept you have your views.
Again my apologies, but they are not worth anything compared to the apologies of a 17 year old Superstanners. That is something that should be given praise in full.
Pobble

Postby Pobble » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:50 pm

ezz wrote:
Pobble wrote:

Still wondering where this evidence is that the board have done anything wrong? Which business decisions have they got wrong so far?
I'm just curious, you just blow hot air with no evidence and then when your found out you base them on nothing you resort to personal attacks. I don't mind people's opinion's its just yours are ridiculous and are backed up with nothing!

You are still at , do you go to the Globe as a place of worship, I thought it was a football ground, I obviously made a mistake.You would not know what mistakes are because you feel the MFC Board have never made them. One day you might realise that in business mistakes are made all the time, you just have to make sure you don`t make the same mistakes regularly. I think the Board have done a great job upto now, but we are in dire straits and action is needed.
As for your remark about Bradford, just childish.!!
Pobble

Postby ezz » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Again where is your evidence? Feel free to slate the board, but you've got no evidence of them making any financial mistakes. they've kept us afloat, brought us into the league, built a new stadium which makes more revenue than the last and has better facilities.

So please stop embarrassing yourself and actually give some concrete proof that the board are doing wrong, if you cant then feel free to go back to the last forum you were WUMing.

These WUM's just have no quality these days
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby WULLY BULLY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Pardon me for being slow, but what is a wum?
WULLY BULLY

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Are you a WUM??? If so I just got hooked. WUM = Wind Up Merchant
RedRedWine1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 pm

ezz wrote:....more revenue

Don't get hooked up on turnover. Keep an eye on the bottom line, our running costs have increased significantly. Certain facilities aren't perfroming well (the bar for example) and the football on the pitch isn't bringing enough people through the gates. I predict the club will post a big loss this season, perhaps the biggest in a single season by the club.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:12 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
ezz wrote:....more revenue

Don't get hooked up on turnover. Keep an eye on the bottom line, our running costs have increased significantly. Certain facilities aren't perfroming well (the bar for example) and the football on the pitch isn't bringing enough people through the gates. I predict the club will post a big loss this season, perhaps the biggest in a single season by the club.

Rumours are going round regarding the clubs finances.
Sammy h

Postby WULLY BULLY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

With Peter Risdale lurking in the background rumours are bound to start.
WULLY BULLY

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I will repeat it again, as i do every so often, the club is a business run by its owners the board, it is up to them how they run their business, we are, the customers, IT IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS HOW THEY RUN THEIR BUSINESS.

This post is about wether sammy mac is good enough to manage the team, any critism of the board is unjust as i would think that the main shareholders are out of pocket putting us where we are now, i fully support thr right to be critical of team performance and who is at fault, but as for knocking the board on what to do with their own money :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby WULLY BULLY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm

And so " The customer is not always right "?
WULLY BULLY

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 pm

course they are wully, if they do not like it they can shop elsewhere, the board are not picking the team or playing in it though are they :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby WULLY BULLY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:11 pm

I agree. I am one of the thankful minority.
WULLY BULLY

Postby Ntini » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:41 am

Pobble wrote:If I have understood you wrongly I totally apologise.. I got the impression that you felt that the Board could do no wrong. They have done a great job in the main, but we are in dire straits at the moment and a statement to the supporters as to their intentions re the future would be appreciated by many.

I think that anyone who truly believes that the board can 'do no wrong' is naive. I believe that they have got many decisions right in the past, and for that reason I'm thankful. So I accept your apology.
Pobble wrote:I get the impression that you feel that Sammy should stay, I would not agree but accept you have your views.

I have not said either way, mainly because I don't know what's best for the club. I agree that Sammy hasn't done great this season and, as manager, he takes responsibility for his team. But we're in limbo now at a precarious point in the season. As much as I can understand people's frustrations, I can't see that changing things right now would help, as I don't see the immediate alternative. Decisions about managers should, in my opinion, be made at the end of a season or in January. So we shall have to wait and see what happens at the end of the season.
Pobble wrote:Again my apologies, but they are not worth anything compared to the apologies of a 17 year old Superstanners. That is something that should be given praise in full.

Again I accept, and agree that a 17-year-old should be praised for apologising, as I was only looking out for him, as have the moderators by removing posts which could be interpretted as libel. People just need to be wary of their posts, but we should be able to argue our opinions without getting personal or offensive.

Let the debate continue!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Pobble » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:41 am

WULLY BULLY wrote:Pardon me for being slow, but what is a wum?

I wish I knew, is it an Ezzism??
Pobble

Postby Pobble » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:57 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I will repeat it again, as i do every so often, the club is a business run by its owners the board, it is up to them how they run their business, we are, the customers, IT IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS HOW THEY RUN THEIR BUSINESS.

This post is about wether sammy mac is good enough to manage the team, any critism of the board is unjust as i would think that the main shareholders are out of pocket putting us where we are now, i fully support thr right to be critical of team performance and who is at fault, but as for knocking the board on what to do with their own money :roll:

I did not intend to slag off the Board in general. My point is that, in my opinion, they have made a massive mistake in continueing McIlroy`s employment.
As for " It is none of our business how the club run their business" this whole forum would become redundant, and all the fun would go out of life.
Last edited by Pobble on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pobble

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Pobble wrote:I did not intend to slag off the Board in general. My point is that they have made a massive mistake in continueing McIlroy`s employment.

Except of course, you DID slag off the board in general.

Also, I would suggest that the words "in my opinion" would fit nicely in front of "they have made..." given that no-one actually knows if it is a mistake or not, only time will tell. There are still about 40% of this message board who wouldn't be sacking the manager at the moment, so we could very easily make up a 'board' of Shrimpsvoices members who disagree with you entirely. Plus, they have the added advantage of knowing things that we don't, such as how much it would cost us to sack him, what the players are thinking and plans for the future etc. Just because you have an opinion, it doesn't mean you are right.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion