Sammy via Yahoo

Sammy via Yahoo

Postby outsider » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Sammy McIlroy has admitted Morecambe are fighting for their Football League survival following the 2-0 defeat at Macclesfield and called for his side to stand up and be counted.

Matthew Hamshaw's stunning strike and Chris McCready's own goal gave Macclesfield the win, meaning the Shrimps have now failed to win in nine games.

McIlroy said: "We just didn't get out of the traps in the first half, didn't compete and let them come at us.

"At least in the second half we created some chances, but it's a sign of our lack of confidence that having got into good positions we just flapped at those chances and lacked any confidence and conviction."

"It's the first time in my five years at Morecambe that my team has been on such a run and now it's time for everyone to pull their socks up.

"The fans have been fantastic, they follow us through thick and thin and I want them to know that the players, the staff and the management appreciate what they do for us, but now we need them more than ever. We've got a battle to stay in League Two.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Re: Sammy via Yahoo

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:18 pm

It just sounds like every post matchem interview from the last 9 games.

"Sammy McIlroy has admitted Morecambe are fighting for their Football League survival following the 2-0 defeat at Macclesfield and called for his side to stand up and be counted."

He keeps saying that but for some reaso the players aren't doing it.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Or someone can't count :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Just to add a little quote from the Visitor website too:

“The first 45 minutes of the game was totally unacceptable and I will apologise to the fans who made the journey to see the game for that. We told the players in no uncertain terms that what they produced was not good enough and although we saw an improvement in the second half we didn’t make the most of the possession we had again.”
Morecambe Jack

Return to General Discussion