Club appeals to fans (unblocked)

Club appeals to fans (unblocked)

Postby Muzzer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 pm

redbull wrote:Artell all he did was hoof the ball past midfield hoping that O’Carroll and Howe would connect to it. He then would look round, shrug his shoulders as if to say.” what else could I do.

well if he never had the support then what elce could he do?

i must say, this is a stupid post redbull, to shout to the players like that, you think that this will really spur them on, or just put other things on their mind, like other clubs for example
and before you say "good, let them go", just take a moment and look to see how the other players will react to it... im pretty sure that they will have similar ideas
before you start mouthing off again behind the bench, think if oyur encouaging the players or just slating him
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Re: Club appeals to fans (unblocked)

Postby marky » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:41 pm

Muzzer, the original thread was closed for a reason? Copying something from it and then creating a new thread...?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 am

marky wrote:Muzzer, the original thread was closed for a reason? Copying something from it and then creating a new thread...?

Okay...

FIRSTLY, EVERYONE TREAD CAREFULLY AND THE THREAD STAYS OPEN

There was a lot of important, interesting comments in that other thread. There was also a lot of personal stuff (in both directions) and was either going to take 24hr watching or it would degenerate into a bun-fight at best or more likely, a re-run of the Salam Witches. I'm going to post a PM I received regarding this and my response to it. I hope people read the response and understand the position better. I THEN hope that people will use some restraint, so that we can begin to look forwards. I'm not going to say who PM'd me, so don't ask or guess.

I know how things stand... but this bloke is way out of order and needs to know it... I now know for a fact after speaking to Ken Parker tonight the board are not happy at all with the brutal attacking of the team and management. It seems they are startled as to what has brought it on, as am I. I believe the only way to stop it is to come down on the individuals and to have what I put removed was disapointing. I was telling him that apologies are no use on SV. My intention was to let this man know that his actions were not beyond an apology, but for gods sake lets apologise to the right people. These people must realise that their abusive ways may well have consequences much harsher than their words. I do respect your decision but must question why this message board is halted in its rightful quest to totally condemn these people?

For what it is worth, I largely agree with you, these people do nothing to help the team, booing and personally attacking players is totally out of order and is, in my opinion, a form of bullying. These people forget that the players (and refs or managers for that matter) are human beings and have family in the stands. I remember talking to Justin Jackson's mother after a game where she was close to tears because she'd been in the stand, listening to her son being abused. She told me that night that she doubted if she'd ever come to watch him again. I hope she did, especially as the abuse was from opposition fans (not that that made it right, just not 'as wrong') but her pain that night was clear. Do people who 'pay their money' really have a 'right' to make another person feel like that?

However, it is not the forum's position to become personal, two wrongs not making a right. The guy has (admittedly anonymously) apologised publically. As those people who sit around him will know him and as he took the time to register on the forum with the intention of issuing that apology, we should take it at face value and hope that lessons have been learned and these actions won't be repeated.

Leaving the thread open would simply lead it to become a battle zone. Believe me, I had PM's suggesting it be closed even before the apology message appeared!!!

Cheers, Keith
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:16 am

As an aside (well not really, it is semi-related), did anyone else what Griff Rhys Jones' programme on anger last night? It was very interesting, particularly in relation to verbally expressed anger. It's my belief that perfectly docile people can, on occasion, boil over. This can happen at football grounds, particularly in the heat of a match where human error is scrutinised by a large body of people. I'm not trying to condone the various events that may or may not have occurred on Saturday. Anger is part of human nature, that's all. I'm sure redbull will bite his/her tongue next time.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby USA Shrimp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:17 am

Now everyone's jumping on the bandwagon...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... land.keane

And here was me thinking Roy Keane was a hard man. Turns out he's a big girl's blouse :o

Bless - he needs a hug.
USA Shrimp

Postby campdave » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:17 am

Personally, I think it's interesting (and disappointing in a way) that a call from the club to unite behind the team can cause such division and unpleasantness on here.
campdave

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:11 am

USA Shrimp wrote:Now everyone's jumping on the bandwagon...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... land.keane

And here was me thinking Roy Keane was a hard man. Turns out he's a big girl's blouse :o

Bless - he needs a hug.

I was reading an extract from Capellos book where every game at Madrid a bloke stood behind him and abused him and shouted at him Capello went back for another game and the fella was still stood there waiting for him.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:11 am

As one of the people who had a bit to say about the individuals in the stand I have to say now that if 'redbul'l IS the person I saw and heard then his apology near the end of the other thread is enough for me - and well played to him for giving it.

I still don't think ANY poor performance, either by players or manager, warrants the kind of personal comments he made (I'd reserve that for someone who gets paid well and then clearly doesn't even try to give his best efforts - all our players are at least trying their best).

But, as I say, if he's man enough to apologise then this debate has genuinely served as the 'quiet word' I hoped someone might have and good on the bloke for admitting he was OTT and apologising.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Muzzer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:49 pm

marky wrote:Muzzer, the original thread was closed for a reason? Copying something from it and then creating a new thread...?

i just think its unfair that a thread gets closed when someone makes a valid point, then they cant reply, or dont want to make a reply, then simply close it and win the conversation

but when a post comes on like this one, its a bit pathetic, and to close it for everyone to express their views on the post it a bit hypocritical to be honest
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Mark S » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:56 pm

Keith - Got to admit to feeling a little smug. 8-)

Always ends up in your face. :lol:
Mark S

Postby wijit » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Muzzer wrote:

i just think its unfair that a thread gets closed when someone makes a valid point, then they cant reply, or dont want to make a reply, then simply close it and win the conversation

but when a post comes on like this one, its a bit pathetic, and to close it for everyone to express their views on the post it a bit hypocritical to be honest

What's hypocritical? The thread was closed because (I presume) it was going nowhere. You can bang on all you like about what was said, by whom, why and whether it was right or wrong. It makes not one jot of difference, the guy came on and apologised that invalidates any further need for discussion on here. If he sees fit to speak with Sammy, or any of the other staff who were directly affected, then that is up to him, not for us to continue dicussing. Or as I'd prefer to put it, flogging a dead horse. Time to move on.
wijit

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 pm

Muzzer wrote:i just think its unfair that a thread gets closed when someone makes a valid point, then they cant reply, or dont want to make a reply, then simply close it and win the conversation but when a post comes on like this one, its a bit pathetic, and to close it for everyone to express their views on the post it a bit hypocritical to be honest

Mark S wrote:Keith - Got to admit to feeling a little smug. 8-)

Always ends up in your face. :lol:

So cynical for one so young... but then...

A cynic is an optimist with experience... :roll:

Muzzer... it was against my better judgement to let you re-open the closed thread. It was the first (and last!) time that has been allowed. We spend enough time cleaning up as it is, to just remove the crap would take for ever, so sometimes a thread will get closed even though there is some good stuff in it... pretty much as I said at the start of this one. Hypocritical? Yes, of course, it's our rules, we make them up as we go along. Our complaints procedure involves you writing your complaint on the back of a ten pound note and sending it to us. And if you don't like it, we will gladly refund your joining fee.

Amyway, you got to say what you wanted.

*ho-hum*
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion