Sammy McIlroy

Sammy McIlroy

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 am

Hello fellow supporters,
I, as of most of you, have lost the faith in Sammy. The last 2 results have been a disgrace to Morecambe. I find it annoying fans keep on singing Sammy's name at matche's. If we want to show to the board how we feel, we need to stop doing this and chant the name of the people we want in the dugout, like Jimbo or John Coleman. If there are any fans who really truly want Sammy to leave, just refuse to praise him at matches, maybe even chant Mark Lillis'es name, bad results boo Sammy not the lads. Otherwise, the board will think we still want him in charge, when most of us have been calling for his head for a while.
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Re: Sammy McIlroy

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:49 am

Supperstanners13 wrote:Hello fellow supporters,
I, as of most of you, have lost the faith in Sammy. The last 2 results have been a disgrace to Morecambe. I find it annoying fans keep on singing Sammy's name at matche's. If we want to show to the board how we feel, we need to stop doing this and chant the name of the people we want in the dugout, like Jimbo or John Coleman. If there are any fans who really truly want Sammy to leave, just refuse to praise him at matches, maybe even chant Mark Lillis'es name, bad results boo Sammy not the lads. Otherwise, the board will think we still want him in charge, when most of us have been calling for his head for a while.

Not everyone wants him out, but at least we all still SUPPORT the club.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

ezz wrote:

Not everyone wants him out, but at least we all still SUPPORT the club.

I do support the club, i support everyone in the club other than Mcilroy
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 am

Unfortunately, I think SS13 is right. It's already clear that the board are to wimpy to sack him, so we may have to resort to just shouting it out in a match!
Little Shrimp

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:56 am

Little Shrimp wrote:Unfortunately, I think SS13 is right. It's already clear that the board are to wimpy to sack him, so we may have to resort to just shouting it out in a match!

Thank you Little Shrimp, we will see what the performance at Chesterfield is like. Even if they win, which is unlikely, i will still not be singing Sammys name
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Unfortunately, I think SS13 is right. It's already clear that the board are to wimpy to sack him, so we may have to resort to just shouting it out in a match!

Or maybe the board have forgotten more than you'll ever know.....where do fans get off thinking they know better than experienced professionals. Go back to football manager
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Fury » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Urgh. No no no no. Losing to Macclesfield and Oxford is no disgrace. Let's not get ideas above our station. The only reason I want Sammy to leave, at the end of the season, is because it is simply not in the clubs interests, financially or in terms of of creating a sustainable legacy, to continue with the two-dimensional, shortsighted player-recruitment policy at the club, which is solely down to McIlroy. Otherwise, we should not consider losing to the likes of Macclesfield and Oxford 'a disgrace', surely.
The Fury

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Well said The Fury. Sammy is still our King, and whilst he is still the top dog get behind him and the players. This season is a write-off, lets get to the end of it hopefully avoiding the drop (I think we need 12 points) and reevaluate. Until then calling for the manager to go is a waste of energy that would be better spent giving the club a lift, given that as far as we know the board hasn't lost the faith in the management and have always ruled the roost (rightly so, given the lack of consistency and overacting in certain peoples stance).
RedRedWine1

Postby MfcChris » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Show some respect.

Although I want Sammy out, I will certainly not slate him whilst I am at the GA and sing John Coleman. How utterly disgraceful.
Last edited by MfcChris on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Well said The Fury. Sammy is still our King, and whilst he is still the top dog get behind him and the players. This season is a write-off, lets get to the end of it hopefully avoiding the drop (I think we need 12 points) and reevaluate. Until then calling for the manager to go is a waste of energy that would be better spent giving the club a lift, given that as far as we know the board hasn't lost the faith in the management and have always ruled the roost (rightly so, given the lack of consistency and overacting in certain peoples stance).

The more we get behind Sammy, the more the board will think we want to keep him. Yes, we need to give the lads a boost, but the tactics Sammy is using are terrible, id rather be seeing long balls and winning games, then passing it around atractively and losing by 2, or 3.

Comment removed by Moderator. Reason: unproven potential libel
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Ntini » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Moderator - response below edited to remove quote. Valid remarks left.

I think this is getting very personal now, and I believe that it is totally out of order. Whatever you think of any of the players or staff, by all means have your two-penneth, but don't start rumours. That's way, way past the line.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Comments removed by Moderator
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Dragofly » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:01 pm

What utter rubbish. Sammy is the most successful Manager in our history; as soon as it starts to get a bit nervy everybody gets on his back. I remember Charlton fans calling for Alan Curbishly to go because he had “taken them as far as he could”, where are they now.
Dragofly

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Dragofly wrote:What utter rubbish. Sammy is the most successful Manager in our history; as soon as it starts to get a bit nervy everybody gets on his back. I remember Charlton fans calling for Alan Curbishly to go because he had “taken them as far as he could”, where are they now.

In league 1....
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Ntini » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Edited by moderator. Ntini's correct and valid remarks left in.

I'm more worried about the possible repercussions for you regarding a potentially damaging statement. It's just that a statement like that could easily be read as being libelous.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Moderator. Comments removed after complaint. Personal comment based on inaccurate information.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Comments removed to save further embarrassment
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Personal abuse removed. Moderator
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Your not a supporter of anything, just another quick fix searching spectator.

Supporters don't chant in favour of other managers above our own, therefore your nothing but poison to the club.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 pm

ezz wrote:Your not a supporter of anything, just another quick fix searching spectator.

Supporters don't chant in favour of other managers above our own, therefore your nothing but poison to the club.

i am very sorry if ive offended anyone, but it is a very worrying time for me and my family. My grandfather is having a pacemake fitted so please just leave this now ezz. Call this quits?
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Superstanners I can only assume you are a very naive young whippersnapper. The board do not need to hear us chanting to know our opinions, they probably read here anyway. That aside, what your saying is ludicrous anyway because the one thing we need to do most at the moment is support the team, not spend all game chanting for an alternative manager.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Superstanners I can only assume you are a very naive young whippersnapper. The board do not need to hear us chanting to know our opinions, they probably read here anyway. That aside, what your saying is ludicrous anyway because the one thing we need to do most at the moment is support the team, not spend all game chanting for an alternative manager.

Thank you for your wise words MJ...i am only 17 and i think i am more annoyed that we are paying £21 to see what everyone has to admit hass been utter rubbish. We do need to support the lads and the manager, but would still prefer him to leave at the end of the season or maybe when safety is assured
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Supperstanners13 wrote:Thank you for your wise words MJ...i am only 17 and i think i am more annoyed that we are paying £21 to see what everyone has to admit hass been utter rubbish. We do need to support the lads and the manager, but would still prefer him to leave at the end of the season or maybe when safety is assured

And those are your opinions, and you are entitled to them.

But during the match we shout our FULL SUPPORT for the lads (can't believe I'm even having to say that tbh ........). Get behind the team at all costs and encourage. Just like we did at 0-3 down on Saturday. That's what supporters do.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Supperstanners13 wrote:Thank you for your wise words MJ...i am only 17 and i think i am more annoyed that we are paying £21 to see what everyone has to admit hass been utter rubbish. We do need to support the lads and the manager, but would still prefer him to leave at the end of the season or maybe when safety is assured

And those are your opinions, and you are entitled to them.

But during the match we shout our FULL SUPPORT for the lads (can't believe I'm even having to say that tbh ........). Get behind the team at all costs and encourage. Just like we did at 0-3 down on Saturday. That's what supporters do.

I think it was more to Danny venturing on :lol:
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 pm

We should not ever be chanting anti Morecambe songs at games however much we don't like whats going on we need to get behind the team and support them.
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion