Get a Grip!

Get a Grip!

Postby number1shrimp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:47 am

Is fed up of everyone blaming the manager. It's about time the players pulled there finger out on the pitch. Were having a bad run. We will pick our selves up again.
number1shrimp

Re: Get a Grip!

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 am

number1shrimp wrote:We will pick our selves up again.

I hope so, and I hope its before we find ourselves in the Blue Square.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Loglayer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:38 am

People have been waiting for sammy to turn it around. The manager signs the players, he picks the team and he motivates them. I'm sorry but a change is needed sooner rather than later.
Loglayer

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:53 am

I seem to get the impression that most people think we will just float along to the end of the season and stay up, I wish I could share their positive thinking.

If Barnet or stockport manage to scrape a couple of wins we are in BIG BIG trouble!!!

Confidence is rock bottom and we dont even look of sneaking a point never mind 3 points.

I am really worried and just can't see how we are going to end our run where as barnet will be fighting for their lives as might just sneak the odd win.

There is always one team that goes into freefall and one team that pulls themselves out of it and at the moment we are that team in freefall.

Playing Chesterfield seems a nightmare and I am just worried how many they will score and just hope we wont be to embaressed, my only hope is that we are their bogey team.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Optimist » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 am

Loglayer wrote:People have been waiting for sammy to turn it around. The manager signs the players, he picks the team and he motivates them. I'm sorry but a change is needed sooner rather than later.

Yes but the team he has picked most weeks is the one which most Morecambe fans would pick themselves, what do you suggest now then? A change would achieve nothing. The players brought in are an improvement from those that they replaced last year, from a squad that overachieved finishing 4th last season (therefore raising expectations this year, to ludicrous levels). Mark Duffy leaving was a huge loss, but dont you think part of his development was down to McIlroy & Lillis? It could be argued that the signings of Rundle and Shuker in the summer, gave Duffy the kick up the backside he needed in that he might not be starting every week. Look where he is now.

The reality is that yes we are in a slump and yes we need to get out of it, but fans calling for the managers head when the opposition score isnt going to achieve anything is it? Of course I'm not happy where my team are in the league and the responsibility sticks with the manager, but I agree that some of these players need a long hard look at themselves.
Optimist

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:13 am

The players brought in are an improvement from those that they replaced last year, from a squad that overachieved finishing 4th last season (therefore raising expectations this year, to ludicrous levels). Mark Duffy leaving was a huge loss, but dont you think part of his development was down to McIlroy & Lillis? It could be argued that the signings of Rundle and Shuker in the summer, gave Duffy the kick up the backside he needed in that he might not be starting every week. Look where he is now.

Really I don't think this seasons players are better they are a lot worse that is why we are 20th.

You mention the signings of Rundle & Shuker what have they done this season?

We have lost Jimbo, Arts, Duffy and Stanners and replaced them with players who are not as good.

P/T Indie

Postby Optimist » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am

P/T Indie wrote:The players brought in are an improvement from those that they replaced last year, from a squad that overachieved finishing 4th last season (therefore raising expectations this year, to ludicrous levels). Mark Duffy leaving was a huge loss, but dont you think part of his development was down to McIlroy & Lillis? It could be argued that the signings of Rundle and Shuker in the summer, gave Duffy the kick up the backside he needed in that he might not be starting every week. Look where he is now.

Really I don't think this seasons players are better they are a lot worse that is why we are 20th.

You mention the signings of Rundle & Shuker what have they done this season?

We have lost Jimbo, Arts, Duffy and Stanners and replaced them with players who are not as good.

The pair of them have done nothing, but on paper were good signings. Remind me where I said theyve done anything worthwhile? As I said bringing them in provided competition on the wings for Duffy. We had no choice regarding Duffy and Stanley is overrated, whether he should have left on loan is another debate. I'd argue Flemings a better player and Parrish a better centre half than Artell. All these judgements are in hindsight hence where we are now. I believe the management have been let down by too many players, but this doesnt protect them from all the flak of tactics and team selection
Optimist

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:55 am

but then we need to ask why are the players letting the management down?

Are they not playing for the manager, do they not understand what he is asking or are they not motivated.

A manager is also judged on his dealings in the transfer market and if the board have backed him they have a right to ask questions. Do you remember when JH was given money in his final year and brought in Kelly, Ruffer and O'Connor and they all flopped that was what signalled the end for him.

P/T Indie

Postby Optimist » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 am

Sollitt and a certain Twiss werent too bad though were they? JH was sacked because he couldnt take us into the league, it had nothing to do with his transfer dealings (albeit they could have been a factor).
Optimist

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 am

Loglayer wrote:People have been waiting for sammy to turn it around. The manager signs the players, he picks the team and he motivates them. I'm sorry but a change is needed sooner rather than later.

Explain to me the genius plan then that a new manager with the exact same players would do so much better? Maybe there's a profesional manager that has been stalking our club for 8 months waiting for sammy to get hit by a car, knowing he'd be ready to step in a play the 'best team'.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 am

Motivation
Tactics
Team Selection
Subs policy that can change games
Changes in training to freshen the lads up

look at L'pool nearly the same team that Hodgson had but Kenny took over and Steve Clarke and the players say training is better and sharper and they enjoy it more and Kenny has them playing a better style of football which they enjoy more.

P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Who's our Kenny Dalglish? It's certainly not Coleman
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion