just got back

just got back

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm

that was a spineless relegation haunted display.It was one of the worst performances it has been my misfortune to have ever seen from a morecambe side.We could not pass it to each other,no running off the ball or supporting the player in possession by making thenselves available for a pass.Absolutley terrible performance,disgusted with the lack of pride,no passion,no one shouting and geeing up the players,there is no direction on the pitch to spur the players on,no offence rochey but you need someone in the middle of the park to be captain
even parrish had a nightmare.What is depressing is that up till about 9 matches ago we looked ok but were not getting any luck,now we really do look like a relegation outfit with poor performances everywhere on the pitch.I really do despair for this club after tonights shameless performance
Last edited by scalehallshrimp on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scalehallshrimp

Re: just got back

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 pm

You are lucky!!

We are still on the M6! I will wait till 4.38 to comment, eh Jim? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Reading an account from a fan that made the effort I would say, if things are that bad, take yor loved ones out for tea rather than waste time and hard earned money on people that do not deserve your respect.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby james456 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Also just back.

Sadly I can only echo what scalehallshrimp has said. First half was dire - possibly our worst half of football for a couple of years or so. Never mind "lacking the cutting edge", we couldn't string three passes together and the ball spent a lot of time in the air ( :roll: ). We played 4-5-1 with Jev as lone striker.

Second half was a bit better and we passed it for patches of the game. Still not really good enough though and we only created a few half chances.

The interesting thing was contrasting us to Macclesfield... They were a poor side, make no mistake, but they were strong, fast, direct and played with a bit of passion. They looked like a team who wanted to battle for their place in this league and we need to start doing the same asap.
james456

Postby parceldave » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:33 pm

marky No.1 wrote:You are lucky!!

We are still on the M6! I will wait till 4.38 to comment, eh Jim? :lol:

Was it you or the car that broke down Mark :?: :lol:
parceldave

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm

was sammy all suited up :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Agree with everything said so far. Not much to add really. The players did not play like they wanted to save the club from relegation, and I include the local boys in that.
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 pm

I must admit, even Andy Parrish's interview on Saturday was all about playing well, not having much luck and just needing to cut out defensive errors and be more clinical in front of goal. I don't think we have the luxury of believing we've just been a little unlucky and that our 'class' will win in the end. The players need to play like they know we have a fight on our hands i.e. battle for every ball and scrap for every point. The management needs to motivate the players along those lines. Until that happens publically, then we'll continue to look somewhat spineless.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 pm

WAS SAMMY WEARING A SUIT :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby Silkman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 pm

You'd be amazed just how often we are a 'poor side' up against 'the worst performance we've ever seen'.

Must happen at least eight or nine times a season.

We were much the better side in the first half, but you gave us a real scare in the second and if you'd have got a goal I'd have been worried.

I don't think you played that badly, in the second half at least. You were a street better than Stockport and a lot better than Barnet who managed to get a point from us by having one shot all game, a penalty that should never have been given.
Silkman

Postby kells » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:52 pm

I think one of the main differences tonight was the amount of pace Macclesfield had when they attacked, in particular their number 9 (Sinclair I think) was very quick and posed us a lot of problems, I'd love us to sign someone like him.
Their first goal was an example of the pace they had when counter attacking. I think it was Hurst who was caught on the ball when trying to make a yard to put a cross in on the edge of the Macclesfied 18 yard box, and 10 seconds later Macc were 1-0 up. I can't remember the last time we scored a goal at such pace on the counter attack.
kells

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 pm

SUIT :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Danny Carlton's Wembley goal?
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Silkman wrote:You'd be amazed just how often we are a 'poor side' up against 'the worst performance we've ever seen'.

We were much the better side in the first half, but you gave us a real scare in the second and if you'd have got a goal I'd have been worried.

I don't think you played that badly, in the second half at least. You were a street better than Stockport and a lot better than Barnet who managed to get a point from us by having one shot all game, a penalty that should never have been given.

Thank god for that two teams worse than us!
heysham_mfc

Postby Crazeenick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 am

MrP - no, Sammy wasn't wearing his suit and tie. Just his tracksuit!
Crazeenick

Postby Silkman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
Silkman wrote:You'd be amazed just how often we are a 'poor side' up against 'the worst performance we've ever seen'.

That's all it takes!

And to be fair, I've not seen Burton or Hereford yet!
Silkman

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 am

Terrible and woeful display. Very angry, there was no passion and no desire.

Why the fu** did he start with 4-5-1, we are playing Macclesfield, we should go out all guns blazing, look what happened when we played 4-4-2, we actually looked like scoring.

Sort it our Mcilroy!!
Sammy h

Postby kells » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:07 am

Danny Carlton's Wembley goal?

Perhaps, I'd have thought there were a couple in the first season in League 2, the team was full of pace then, (Thommo, Baker, etc).

However I don't want my post to be construed as me wanting Sammy out by the way. I don't think sacking him now would make any sense really and would increase the risk of our relegation. I think that at the end of the season the club should either sit down with Sammy and talk about some of his short comings - developing young players and scouting are the main deficiencies pointed out by fans on here - and work out a long term plan, or move on and look for a new manager, but I think any league 2 manager will have his weaknesses: that's why they're in league 2.
kells

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 am

Silkman wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

That's all it takes!

And to be fair, I've not seen Burton or Hereford yet!

Correct think the main reason people are getting annoyed is that we know the team can do much better. We finished 4th last season so to be in a rellegation battle less than 12 months on is hard to take.
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 am

54mmy was in a 7r4ck5u1t I think. Hard to tell though, the away bench is right in the far corner from the away seating section where we were housed.

£3.40 for a pie, £2.10 for a bottle of pop....we don't all live in Cheshire mansions!!! I can't moan about £9 on the gate though.

I thought even in the first half the teams were quite evenly matched and I actually thought we were shading it until a sloppy goal on the counter, for which we gifted possession away pissing around on the ball instead of sticking a cross in. Sinclair was too quick for us; he stretched our defence from start to finish and regularly beat his man. Can't fault Jevons for effort tonight, but we don't have the same quality as Macc in the final third which was the telling difference.....you've got to really ask why this is the case?

Macc deserved the win, they have the makings of a good side with plenty of pace. As a supporter you'd have to say that it would certainly be more exciting to watch the progression of their side over the current crop of journeymen Sammy has cultivated here.
RedRedWine1

Postby Silkman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:11 am

Sammy h wrote:Terrible and woeful display. Very angry, there was no passion and no desire.

Why the fu** did he start with 4-5-1, we are playing Macclesfield, we should go out all guns blazing, look what happened when we played 4-4-2, we actually looked like scoring.

Sort it our Mcilroy!!

Yes, because you have a divine right to beat the likes of little Macclesfield, don't :roll: you.
Silkman

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:12 am

Silkman wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Terrible and woeful display. Very angry, there was no passion and no desire.

Sort it our Mcilroy!!

Yes, because you have a divine right to beat the likes of little Macclesfield, don't :roll: you.

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:12 am

Silkman wrote:

Sort it our Mcilroy!!

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I mean especially against the teams around you, we should be playing 4-4-2. If it was me I would play it every week and never play 4-5-1, it is so negative and doesn't allow the striker to get into the game at all.

A terrible decision, he brought off Holdsworth for Hunter? Then brings Wilson off for Carlton? If he pissing me off on purpose?
Sammy h

Postby Silkman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 am

To be honest, you started the game brighter and it took us a while to get our flow.

From a Macc perspective, you DID go at ut early on, but we hit you on the counter and changed the game from there.
Silkman

Postby marky » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:16 am

Kells, you are quite correct in that League 2 managers will have deficiencies just like League 2 players do. The problem Sammy has got this season is that his are contributing to our struggles and, unlike in previous seasons, he doesn't appear to have an answer with regard to improving things. As said earlier, I do believe his weaknesses at now overiding his strengths as a manager and that's when you have to believe his time must be coming to an end. I have no doubt that, even if he has lost some of his gut passion, Sammy will be hurting that yet another underpar performance has come at his old stomping ground. But that doesn't change the fact that to go from an admittedly overachieved 4th place finish to where we find ourselves now in less than 12 months points at failure on Sammy's part, however sad that might be.
marky

Next

Return to General Discussion