Bury 358
Gillingham 351
Rotherham 346
Chesterfield 342

Very surprising!
Sammy h

Re: Shots on goal...

Postby ezz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 am

Now we know why stanners has gone, the poor people of the MBW stand are safe again :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 am

Sammy h wrote:I don't know how accurate this is, took it off the Chesterfield forum -

Shots on goal 2010-11

Morecambe 382
Bury 358
Gillingham 351
Rotherham 346
Chesterfield 342

Very surprising!

Don't know how accurate that is but out of Chesterfields 342 shots they have scored 59 goals ~ a success rate of over 17%

In comparison we have scored just 38 out of 382 which is about 10%

More importantly they have only conceded 35 whereas we are on 48

As you say some of our shots have either landed near the corner flag, car park or on the beach!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 am

ezz wrote:Now we know why stanners has gone, the poor people of the MBW stand are safe again :lol:

Its a pity we haven't won since Stanners has gone :shock: :shock: :shock:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:41 pm

pity we didnt win much when he played either
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 pm

ezz wrote:pity we didnt win much when he played either

Apart from the 3 back to back wins without which we would be in the soft and smelly !

If we don't win tonight then Sammy will have to re-think loaning out his best midfielder to Torquay and probably his best centre back to Fleetwood.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Them shooting stats are accurate.

Phil Jevons - 48 shots - 6 goals.

Stewart Drummond - 12 shots on target - 5 goals.

Top 2 assisters - Duffy & Stanley - no longer with us.

Interesting we have used 28 players this season which is one of the lowest. Top is 38.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

I think you're twisting reality somewhat Heysham. Stanners played in the weeks that followed the 3 wins on the bounce, and was a off the pace.

We have not won since Duffy departed. The most assists in the side, not counting the penalties and freekicks that he won by running at people and taking them on. More assists than Stanley despite playing less games and Stanners taking the majority of freekicks and corners.

I think both players are missed in a squad with little creativity, but for me Duffy is the bigger miss....evident in the fact that he's now playing in the championship and Stanners has been loaned to another league two club.
RedRedWine1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:48 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I think you're twisting reality somewhat Heysham. Stanners played in the weeks that followed the 3 wins on the bounce, and was a off the pace.

We have not won since Duffy departed. The most assists in the side, not counting the penalties and freekicks that he won by running at people and taking them on. More assists than Stanley despite playing less games and Stanners taking the majority of freekicks and corners.

I think both players are missed in a squad with little creativity, but for me Duffy is the bigger miss....evident in the fact that he's now playing in the championship and Stanners has been loaned to another league two club.

corners and free kicks are not included in the "assists" stats so Im not twisting reality.

He wasn't the only player that was off the pace in the games after those 3 wins so why should he be singled out by the manager.
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion