Supporters Club Meeting Tonight Globe Arena 7pm

Supporters Club Meeting Tonight Globe Arena 7pm

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Hope to see everyone there tonight 7pm ish :D
thegentlegiant

Re: Supporters Club Meeting Tonight Globe Arena 7pm

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 pm

How did it go? I had football at 7pm and drove past the bar, didn't look too busy, but it was at about 6:45?
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Just leaving now.4 hours of pure hell. :lol:

No seriously some good discussion and many things sorted . Can't wait to see the new walls in the bar :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 am

I will try and post a summary at lunchtime especially about the Q&A session with the directors if I get the chance.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 am

marky No.1 wrote:Just leaving now.4 hours of pure hell. :lol:

No seriously some good discussion and many things sorted . Can't wait to see the new walls in the bar :D

Does that mean it wont look like an airport terminal anymore?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 am

ezz wrote:Does that mean it wont look like an airport terminal anymore?

Don't want to spoil a maybe "official" report on the evening, but yes at least two walls will be adourned with past historical events and a view looking out of the tunnel at Christie Park. The original photos, frames etc. are all ready to re appear but as was said they were all different shapes, sizes and types so they need to be sorted to look right in the new surroundings.
There will also be a wall for the fans to give ideas to decorate in their chosen "moments"

Many thanks should be given to Mark Dixon, Rod Taylor, Brian Fegan and Mike the Catering Manager for sitting in front of a gathering pack of wolves throwing buns at them! (ONLY JOKING!)
Thanks to Potts Pies for putting on free grub and of course to Darren who rambled on for possibly an hour too long :lol:

Thought Rod was David Bannerman at one point in the evening when he started to turn green, particularly when we stood up with our questions revealing our names and S.V.'s identities!!

Shame on those that hide behind an anonymous keyboard :o

Hope the gentlemen with the bus pass and the bus times have made friends :lol: :lol:

P.S. Looks like Stoyles has posted the official version :o .. 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 am

marky No.1 wrote:There will also be a wall for the fans to give ideas to decorate in their chosen "moments"

Not sure if they are still up, but the York had frames of old pictures and newpaper cut-outs on it, things like that would go well on this wall. :)
Bare Ben

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 am

Was a good night last night the supporters club seem to be progressing well and I think the Q&A sessions gave us a chance to see what frustrations the club do sometimes come up against it’s not all as easy as we think it is.

I think there were about 40-50 there last night but I am sure someone can confirm numbers.

The supporters club has a main sponsor AB Inspections LTD who are a company involved with safety within the Nuclear Industry at the various power stations around the country.

At the last count the club now has 279 members.

There is now a supporter’s club website and facebook group.

The committee are looking into transport to games such as trying to put on a bus from Lancaster Uni to The Globe.

The committee are having a meeting with the club soon where such things as junior reds will be discussed

Then we had the Q&A with the directors who were Rod Taylor, Mark Dixon and Brian Fagan.

The bar is going to have a bit of a face lift over the next few weeks and one of the major things will be the walls are going to have pictures of Christie Park on which are actually printed wallpaper. One wall will show various photos of Christie Park and another wall will be a photo as if you were standing by the tunnel at CP so it shows the full length of CP, sounds quite impressive. The wall on the left as you walk in will be a legends wall/hall of fame and fans will have the chance to vote who should be on it. The bar will also be getting a pool table, dart board etc and there will be events held through the week like quiz nights, karaoke etc they are also looking into beer prices.

Someone asked if the reserves will be coming back to The Globe. Rod said that is the long term plan and something he would like to see but he is not sure when as it all depends on how the pitch is bedding in it might be next season or even the season after.
The club are looking at bringing all the training facilities in house and are trying to set something up regarding grass training pitches.

I got the impression there were no immediate plans to do anything with the home end in terms of building work or building a bar/fixed cover on the back and there are no plans to move the perimeter wall at the back of the away end. If there was any building work to be done I think the first job is going to be to build on the North Terrace. It was explained that cutbacks were made all around the ground even in the PMG stand which was scaled back by 20% (that would have been massive!).

The question was asked why family tickets only came in halfway through the season the reason is no one was asking for them and we don’t sell that many. When people started asking we restarted it but even now not many get sold. One of the problems is that what determines a family as not everyone has two kids. More people seemed to agree that quid a kid was probably a better idea which more people would benefit from and there will be another two QAK games this season.

The unreliability of Morecambe Player was discussed and Mark Dixon agreed it was a bad system that doesn’t work well. Apparently all clubs have problems but the teams in the top leagues seems to get their queries answered quicker, when you get to bottom of League 1 and League 2 you struggle to get a response. The clubs seem just as frustrated as us with it but as it’s a central contract with the Football league there isn’t much we can do about it.
Think that will do for now if I have missed anything I am sure someone else can fill in the gaps

P/T Indie

Postby Gnasher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 am

The unreliability of Morecambe Player was discussed and Mark Dixon agreed it was a bad system that doesn’t work well. Apparently all clubs have problems but the teams in the top leagues seems to get their queries answered quicker, when you get to bottom of League 1 and League 2 you struggle to get a response. The clubs seem just as frustrated as us with it but as it’s a central contract with the Football league there isn’t much we can do about it.

http://www.flinteractive.com/clubs/what ... g-fli.aspx

MFC chose to join Football League Interactive who use Perform, the technical suppliers of live match commentary. The club are contracted to them but only through choice (e.g. Accy who chose not to use FLI). I don't know how long they're tied to FLI but I do know there's people connected with the club that can do one hell of a lot better than FLI/Perform, you only have to look at the Globe web site as an example.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:45 am

Sounds like a lot of good topics were discussed, gutted I couldn't attend. I'll put some of the topics discussed on the supporters website.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:59 am

Rod went into great detail how the Club have gained the Family Excellence Award which we came top of in some categories and only behind Clubs such as Leeds Utd in others.

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 63,00.html
marky No.1

Postby Toby_Greenwood » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 pm

"Thanks to Potts Pies for putting on free grub"

Just a quick mention that it was our own chefs who provided the food on the evening, not Potts Pies
Toby_Greenwood

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Toby_Greenwood wrote:"Thanks to Potts Pies for putting on free grub"

Just a quick mention that it was our own chefs who provided the food on the evening, not Potts Pies

In that case I apologise Toby :oops: ... Didn't hear it said? Very nice it was :D
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for the post P/T Indie, and that goes for all of you who take the time to come on here and update those of us who aren't so near any more.

I'd just like to say a big thank you on behalf of all the exiles, as it really is appreciated.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Paul Mac » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks for that Phil. Sounds like another successful meeting.
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:38 pm

A couple of points.

1) I second what Ntini said. And hats of to those that are organising these events.

2)
Shame on those that hide behind an anonymous keyboard
Why shame on people. This is a forum, people debate things, argue things and disagree with things without the need to know peoples names, ages or sex. Maybe for some it might be easier to express unrest on here because its a free canvas. Lets not forget there maybe circumstances where, if there true identity was known, it maybe devalue there point, heighten there point or potentially but them at some kind of risk. Clearly Rod read this but does he post on here and if he does do you know his alias? I think it would be great for him to post but if we all knew it was him (as with Shaun) it would cause problems and not allow him the free range to express himself without there being some consequences.

3) I don't use player but as Gnasher has pointed out we never had to sign with them. Why cant someone say, Listen, we get a load of money for the service and we don't think its financially viable to end the contract instead of simply just blaming the 3rd party. Yes its there fault so why are we still with them? Surely the lack of service and quality is a breach of any contract we might have signed and we can get out if it continues to be so poor.

4) Excellent news about the facelift in the bar.

5)
P/T Indie wrote:I got the impression there were no immediate plans to do anything with the home end in terms of building work or building a bar/fixed cover on the back and there are no plans to move the perimeter wall at the back of the away end. If there was any building work to be done I think the first job is going to be to build on the North Terrace

wow wow wow? WHAT? we have closed the away end on a number of occasions this season why do we need another empty stands? This to me suggest that the club is more concerned about getting more fans in that it is about keeping the current crop happy. Can you elaborate please?

6)
P/T Indie wrote:It was explained that cutbacks were made all around the ground even in the PMG stand which was scaled back by 20% (that would have been massive!).

Was the why cutback where made explained and, other than 20% of the rather nice stand being cut, how much else was cut. Was MBW cut by 20% or was it a bigger percent.

thanks in advance.
Heysham_red

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:09 pm

5)
P/T Indie wrote:I got the impression there were no immediate plans to do anything with the home end in terms of building work or building a bar/fixed cover on the back and there are no plans to move the perimeter wall at the back of the away end. If there was any building work to be done I think the first job is going to be to build on the North Terrace

wow wow wow? WHAT? we have closed the away end on a number of occasions this season why do we need another empty stands? This to me suggest that the club is more concerned about getting more fans in that it is about keeping the current crop happy. Can you elaborate please?

6)
P/T Indie wrote:It was explained that cutbacks were made all around the ground even in the PMG stand which was scaled back by 20% (that would have been massive!).

Was the why cutback where made explained and, other than 20% of the rather nice stand being cut, how much else was cut. Was MBW cut by 20% or was it a bigger percent.

That was just my general impression I got about the North Side and my opinion that the land is there to develop and would be something that will be looked into in the future but I didn't get the impression anything will be happening with the MBW stand, did anyone else think the same?

I agree I would rather the problems with the current ground as it stands were sorted first.

About the % of cut backs they didn't go into exact figures for each side just every area of the ground was cut back. I think originally the MBW stand was going to be bigger, have a bar in and offices in the corner. The North stand was going to be a fully covered side and the PMG stand had bene cut back 20%.

P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Not qualified to answer all your points Heysham Red but

Shame on those that hide behind an anonymous keyboard

was aimed at people (often WUMS) who in the "top tables" words were slagging off the Clubs reputation and integrity without a face or name. (In other words the personal abuse and slandererous type issue that has already been mentioned and nothing to do with most fans who simply have a nickname and comment good or bad on football related issues)

Think I've got that right, but hope you get my drift.
I agree with what you say that it is most difficult for "Officials" to come on here and state a case.

"wow wow wow? WHAT? we have closed the away end on a number of occasions this season why do we need another empty stands? This to me suggest that the club is more concerned about getting more fans in that it is about keeping the current crop happy. Can you elaborate please?"

Think this was more to do with the licensed number of seats that we have to have in the Main Stand and because a number of them are restricted view the Club are aiming to have seats on the opposite side to make up the number and have more boxes across the top in the PMG. This is a long way into the future I would suspect.
It was pointed out by Mr. Fegan that because we went down the terracing route and not all seated we did not get a grant from the Football League for the Stadium whereas Chesterfield got £3M (I think it was?)

"Was the why cutback where made explained and, other than 20% of the rather nice stand being cut, how much else was cut. Was MBW cut by 20% or was it a bigger percent."

Not particularly explained but as a fan said he was looking forward to using the facilities as per the original plans and ended up not getting it.

It also got quite heated when the question of the ground not finishing in time was brought up.

All brought about some good debate.
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:52 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Was a good night last night the supporters club seem to be progressing well and I think the Q&A sessions gave us a chance to see what frustrations the club do sometimes come up against it’s not all as easy as we think it is.

I think there were about 40-50 there last night but I am sure someone can confirm numbers.

The supporters club has a main sponsor AB Inspections LTD who are a company involved with safety within the Nuclear Industry at the various power stations around the country.

At the last count the club now has 279 members.

There is now a supporter’s club website and facebook group.

The committee are looking into transport to games such as trying to put on a bus from Lancaster Uni to The Globe.

The committee are having a meeting with the club soon where such things as junior reds will be discussed

Then we had the Q&A with the directors who were Rod Taylor, Mark Dixon and Brian Fagan.

The bar is going to have a bit of a face lift over the next few weeks and one of the major things will be the walls are going to have pictures of Christie Park on which are actually printed wallpaper. One wall will show various photos of Christie Park and another wall will be a photo as if you were standing by the tunnel at CP so it shows the full length of CP, sounds quite impressive. The wall on the left as you walk in will be a legends wall/hall of fame and fans will have the chance to vote who should be on it. The bar will also be getting a pool table, dart board etc and there will be events held through the week like quiz nights, karaoke etc they are also looking into beer prices.

Someone asked if the reserves will be coming back to The Globe. Rod said that is the long term plan and something he would like to see but he is not sure when as it all depends on how the pitch is bedding in it might be next season or even the season after.
The club are looking at bringing all the training facilities in house and are trying to set something up regarding grass training pitches.

I got the impression there were no immediate plans to do anything with the home end in terms of building work or building a bar/fixed cover on the back and there are no plans to move the perimeter wall at the back of the away end. If there was any building work to be done I think the first job is going to be to build on the North Terrace. It was explained that cutbacks were made all around the ground even in the PMG stand which was scaled back by 20% (that would have been massive!).

The question was asked why family tickets only came in halfway through the season the reason is no one was asking for them and we don’t sell that many. When people started asking we restarted it but even now not many get sold. One of the problems is that what determines a family as not everyone has two kids. More people seemed to agree that quid a kid was probably a better idea which more people would benefit from and there will be another two QAK games this season.

Think that will do for now if I have missed anything I am sure someone else can fill in the gaps

Cheers for that, think you covered everything, Ill speak with Darren and make sure we get the minutes up asap.
thegentlegiant

Postby outsider » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm

The wall on the left as you walk in will be a legends wall/hall of fame and fans will have the chance to vote who should be on it

Its the right hand wall oppersite the bar, but other than that every thing there looks spot on, Thank you sir :)

Many thanks should be given to Mark Dixon, Rod Taylor, Brian Fegan and Mike the Catering Manager for sitting in front of a gathering pack of wolves throwing buns at them! (ONLY JOKING!)

May I also add my thanks
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby bigreddog » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I will do some official minutes in due course, but thanks to P/T Indie for covering pretty much everything. Thanks to all the fans who turned up last night, and to Toby and his staff for their food and hospitality, and of course to Rod Taylor, Mark Dixon, Brian Fagan and Mike Obrien. I hope everybody got to ask ask much as they would have liked whether during the Q&A or after.

We will hopefully have more meetings using the Q&A format, any ideas about panel members would be welcome.

Most of all thanks to all the fans, local and exiles alike who have joined the supporters club, online or in person. hopefully we will have a number of business partners willing to offer discounts very soon. and anyone who knows a local business/benefactor willing to either be partners or sponsors we'd love to hear from them.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Return to General Discussion