Singing aint what it used to be

Singing aint what it used to be

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Fair enough, the fans were surprisingly vocal considering we were 3-0 down but everything was back to front on Saturday.
The first real chant to resonate from the home end that had any kind of numbers behind it was,
'Constable your a peadophile' followed by 'Wanker, Wanker Wanker' hardly the sort of stuff that players or fans find inspiring!
And yet by 3-0 down the singing was in full swing as though we were the side in the winning position, in fact some of the chants were just moronic considering our situation either that or they were trying to be ironic.
How's about singing some songs that support the team?
Glory Glory Morecambe fc...
Naaa na na, na na na na..Moooorecambe...
We love you Morecambe we do.....
Any of the player chants

Anything would be better than abusive chants aimed at the oposition players that quite franky just make our support look pathetic and gets very little response or joining in from other home fans.

A for effort, but C- for content at the moment.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Singing aint what it used to be

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:Fair enough, the fans were surprisingly vocal considering we were 3-0 down but everything was back to front on Saturday.
The first real chant to resonate from the home end that had any kind of numbers behind it was,
'Constable your a peadophile' followed by 'Wanker, Wanker Wanker' hardly the sort of stuff that players or fans find inspiring!
And yet by 3-0 down the singing was in full swing as though we were the side in the winning position, in fact some of the chants were just moronic considering our situation either that or they were trying to be ironic.
How's about singing some songs that support the team?
Glory Glory Morecambe fc...
Naaa na na, na na na na..Moooorecambe...
We love you Morecambe we do.....
Any of the player chants

Anything would be better than abusive chants aimed at the oposition players that quite franky just make our support look pathetic and gets very little response or joining in from other home fans.

A for effort, but C- for content at the moment.

We love you, we love you etc, we sang that for about 20 minutes. Suppose you didn't hear that?
Sammy h

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:00 pm

20 minutes of a song that only a very small segment of the crowd knows and when we were already 3-0 down. like i said, it's all back to front. A team low on confidence needs inspiration and support from the start. I have sat in the Main stand a few times this season and believe me, even though in the middle of it you might think you sound loud, from the stand and I guess on the pitch too you can hardly hear a thing. ggood old fashioned songs that everyone join in with are seriously lacking and being replaced with 10,15,20 minutes of droning on by a small few.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Morectalk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:06 pm

a song that only a very small segment of the crowd knows

It's not exactly a difficult one to pick up - not the Bavarian national anthem or the such-like!!!!
Morectalk

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:12 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:20 minutes of a song that only a very small segment of the crowd knows and when we were already 3-0 down. like i said, it's all back to front. A team low on confidence needs inspiration and support from the start. I have sat in the Main stand a few times this season and believe me, even though in the middle of it you might think you sound loud, from the stand and I guess on the pitch too you can hardly hear a thing. ggood old fashioned songs that everyone join in with are seriously lacking and being replaced with 10,15,20 minutes of droning on by a small few.

I had fun, I made noise, I don't care how loud it is or if nobody knows the words, they can pick it up.

Football isn't about who is the loudest, it is about winning. If your that bothered get involved and start singing.
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:54 pm

If people don't like the songs that are sung, they should pipe up and sing their own. I really like the song that was sung by many yesterday; it also gets sung at away games so if you wan to pactise it get on the road.

The stand did get going once we were three-nil down, and it created a good atmosphere for those who were stood in there. Personally I think a lot of us have been apprehensive all season and waiting for things to happen. At 3-0 a monkey was off the back, we all knew nothing was going to happen.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:09 pm

The person sitting with me lasted in the Main Stand till we went 2.0 down. The Oxford fans were bouncing and nothing was coming from the MBW, so much so that he was getting depressed and wanted to get over there and sort them out - much to the amusement of 1 or 2 around me. Anyway within minutes the amusement became a reality, the volume was raised and I didn't see him till about 5.30! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby sardineleader » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:26 pm

i brought the drum today via lincoln & northampton
the young lads are going remember that people like paul & mick birch
will not be able to mother them for ever . come on lads get behind the team
sardineleader

Postby outsider » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:02 pm

marky No.1 wrote:The person sitting with me lasted in the Main Stand till we went 2.0 down. The Oxford fans were bouncing and nothing was coming from the MBW, so much so that he was getting depressed and wanted to get over there and sort them out - much to the amusement of 1 or 2 around me. Anyway within minutes the amusement became a reality, the volume was raised and I didn't see him till about 5.30! :lol:

Correct it was when CP entered the MBW that things picked up. The offensive chants are just ignored by mosty and fade away, The drummer needs to get things going then people join in, as in away games. We ALL need to try just a little harder Crusty used to bounce at times, We need to try and get GA doing the same
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Muzzer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Lets face it. the singing isnt what it used to be. This may be because of the new stadium, or lack of intrest in singing anymore of many other reasons.

But if your going to slate slate slate. the end of the day, go stand closer to the drum and START A SONG!! :roll: :roll:

AND!! what is wrong with giving banter with the other side?!?!?! Everyside does it, and it gets the atmosphere going. Theres nothing wrong with it... its not like were going to start a fight with them :? ITS A FOOTBALL MATCH
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Muzzer wrote:Lets face it. the singing isnt what it used to be. This may be because of the new stadium, or lack of intrest in singing anymore of many other reasons.

But if your going to slate slate slate. the end of the day, go stand closer to the drum and START A SONG!! :roll: :roll:

AND!! what is wrong with giving banter with the other side?!?!?! Everyside does it, and it gets the atmosphere going. Theres nothing wrong with it... its not like were going to start a fight with them :? ITS A FOOTBALL MATCH

three moves musser :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Muzzer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Erm... Wow :?
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby ezz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Just sing less variety of songs that are easier to remember, with less words.
The songs that have 'ooooooOooOooOOoO' in tend to get more involved.
Lets face it were all garbage at singing, just we dont want anyone else to know
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:14 am

marky No.1 wrote:The person sitting with me lasted in the Main Stand till we went 2.0 down. The Oxford fans were bouncing and nothing was coming from the MBW, so much so that he was getting depressed and wanted to get over there and sort them out - much to the amusement of 1 or 2 around me. Anyway within minutes the amusement became a reality, the volume was raised and I didn't see him till about 5.30! :lol:

Strange that Paul and I had the same timing.......
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 am

morecambe mick wrote:

Not at lunchtime you didn't! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:39 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

Stop trying to take the glory Mick :lol:
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion