Scott Brown?

Scott Brown?

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:39 pm

If King Mcilroy isn't going to bring Craig Stanley back why the hell is he not playing Scott Brown?

From his performances this season he works his socks off and is always there closing down players and getting in the thick of things, too many times their midfield ran straight through the heart of ours.

Why oh why is he still playing Drummond, he was garbage yesterday, is Scott Brown another one who has had a falling out with Sammy?

It's not me is it? Scott Brown should be playing?
Sammy h

Re: Scott Brown?

Postby james456 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:45 pm

I still think Drummond has a part to play as someone who sits deep and dictates things a bit. He's also the only player in our current line up who presents any danger at set pieces. I do agree though that he has kept his place quite easily this season and as he hasn't the legs to get around the pitch as much, he's a bit of a luxury. Under the circumstances, I'd certainly be choosing a midfield of Scott Brown and Craig Stanley right now.
james456

Postby Pandashrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:44 pm

I agree with the original post. I hate seeing Brown playing out wide but in Stanley's absence i would have a midfield pairing of Fleming and Brown every time. I do think however if they had been given more time to play together, Fleming and Stanley could have been superb for us in the middle.

long time ago now but the Coventry game with the midfield 3 of Scott holding with Fleming and Stanners worked very well, its just a shame we don't have Scott fit or a striker that could play up top alone as i don't think that system suited Jevons. Dream scenario for me next year (il be positive..WHEN we stay up), would be to resign Stanners, get Scott fit and find a powerhouse forward with a good workrate, and start 4-5-1 next year with Fleming playing every week.
Pandashrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:long time ago now but the Coventry game with the midfield 3 of Scott holding with Fleming and Stanners worked very well, its just a shame we don't have Scott fit or a strio coulker that could play up top alone as i don't think that system suited Jevons. Dream scenario for me next year (il be positive..WHEN we stay up), would be to resign Stanners, get Scott fit and find a powerhouse forward with a good workrate, and start 4-5-1 next year with Fleming playing every week.

very good shout that i remember thinking we looked like automatic promotion material the only thing missing was a big all action target man to play that role.

i thought we would have targeted somebody like that in the January window
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 pm

I agree that a 4-5-1 could be the way forward. But we would need to sign a good striker to play that position and either retain Spencer or find someone else as well for backup.
james456

Postby The Marksman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 am

DawZi wrote:
Pandashrimp wrote:long time ago now but the Coventry game with the midfield 3 of Scott holding with Fleming and Stanners worked very well, its just a shame we don't have Scott fit or a strio coulker that could play up top alone as i don't think that system suited Jevons. Dream scenario for me next year (il be positive..WHEN we stay up), would be to resign Stanners, get Scott fit and find a powerhouse forward with a good workrate, and start 4-5-1 next year with Fleming playing every week.

very good shout that i remember thinking we looked like automatic promotion material the only thing missing was a big all action target man to play that role.

i thought we would have targeted somebody like that in the January window

If you're looking for a lone striker the primary attributes you need are pace, workrate and strength. Being big is a bonus, but most of what a lone striker does is chase balls over his head into the channels and either hold it up to wait for others to catch up or try to run in on goal. Bigger is always better but not vital for this role, if a lone striker gets his head on a long ball, where does it end up? There's no one to run on to the flick on.
The Marksman

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 am

Tbh we need Drummond cos he's the only person in midfield who can head a ball! I would play:
Roche
Holdsworth. Bentley. Parrish. Capaldi.
Hurst. Drummond. Wilson.
Fleming. Brown
Carlton

4-3-2-1 :D
Little Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Tbh we need Drummond cos he's the only person in midfield who can head a ball! I would play:
Roche
Holdsworth. Bentley. Parrish. Capaldi.
Hurst. Drummond. Wilson.
Fleming. Brown
Carlton

4-3-2-1 :D

We do not need Drummond. He shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11, the sooner Sir Mcilroy realises this the better.

Carlton upfront? Really? :lol:
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion