Sammy: The End?

Re: Sammy: The End?

Postby The Fury » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
ezz wrote:makes me laugh everyone wants stanners back just to take corners and free kicks......shows how useless he was for us if thats all we need him for......

How about somebody works on some set piece routines, we had them back in the conference and they worked you know why??

I'll let you think as you scroll down.....

Oh my days yes thats why, because people knew what they were doing.

Both run around and put lots of effort in , that can't be disputed , but neither is capable of a killer pass or cross.

You've just described Craig Stanley!
The Fury

Postby MfcChris » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:
marky wrote:I actually believe there's a collective problem. A number of our players are what you would describe as lower league journeymen. Now whilst I have no doubt they they try to give their all, how passionate can you actually be when you're playing for a different club every couple of years? So it could be perhaps claimed that there might be an issue with some of the players themselves on that front. However, who is it who instigated bringing such players to our club in the first place? Sammy McIlroy. Who is ultimately responsible for drilling the players and motivating them to give their all every week? Sammy McIlroy. Who has been bemoaning defensive errors all season yet appears to have got no further forward in rectifying this despite the fact 3 members of the current back 4 weren't even with the club when the season started? Sammy McIlroy. Who is responsible for allowing Sammy to continue with his somewhat haphazzard and short-termist recruitment policy? The board. Who was responsible for the mess that was the delayed Globe fiasco that so severely disrupted our preparation for this season? Globe themselves and quite possibly the man in charge of the project on the board. Very little has gone right for the club on and off the field since the Aldershot match that got us into last season's play-offs.

I'm optimistic enough to believe that we won't get relegated, with or without Sammy McIlroy. But come May, I honestly believe the board need to sit down and think about where we go from here. We have a ground that is now capable of making us money and is also capable of financing the achievement of the Chairman's aim of sustained League 1 football. Do they still believe that Sammy is the man to guide us through the next stage of our journey? Do they feel, like I do, that they need to invest in some form of official youth development programme (NB - it need not be a full academy if the costs for that are too great)? As for individuals to replace Sammy, I honestly couldn't say. It's not really my job to find a new manager for the board. But our chairman has run very successful multi-national companies for a long time. He'll have the kind of contacts but in and out of the game that most of us could only dream of. I have no doubt he'd be able to land someone who could take us further than Sammy probably can.

fair points there, for me there is only one person the board can realistically afford to replace sammy, and that is jim, and i think a) he is a huge gamble, b)wont change a lot. Sammy's signings over the past few years have been in general good, baker, duffy, roche, parrish, stanley, wilson, even artell. Now out of them roche and artell are players who have been kicking about in the lower leagues, and for me they put as much effort in during their time at the club as any of the others. people have criticised his signings, but I have the benefit (some may disagree :lol: ) of being a leicester fan, and they are a club who have made bad signings, and also why i am so against sacking managers, as all it did for them was get them relegated two divisions. Keep Sammy, at least we know we have someone 100% commited to the club there

You can't support Leicester and Morecambe.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:26 pm

The Fury wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
ezz wrote:makes me laugh everyone wants stanners back just to take corners and free kicks......shows how useless he was for us if thats all we need him for......

How about somebody works on some set piece routines, we had them back in the conference and they worked you know why??

I'll let you think as you scroll down.....

Oh my days yes thats why, because people knew what they were doing.

Both run around and put lots of effort in , that can't be disputed , but neither is capable of a killer pass or cross.

You've just described Craig Stanley!

Is that why he was up there , leading in "assists" ?

If Sammy wants to save his job he will cut short Stanley's loan spell at Torquay and play him at Macclesfield on Tuesday.
I am not sure admitting he is wrong is in Sammy's nature though.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Is he able to cut it short? Would Stanners want to come back?

He seems to be doing very well down there. When is the spell up?
Sammy h

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Sammy h wrote:Is he able to cut it short? Would Stanners want to come back?

Stanners love our club.

the answers to your questions are:

not sure if we can cut it short

I am sure he would want to come back , see my first sentence

of course he's doing well there , he is a quality player

spell officially ends on 28 February
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Is he able to cut it short? Would Stanners want to come back?

Stanners love our club.

the answers to your questions are:

not sure if we can cut it short

I am sure he would want to come back , see my first sentence

of course he's doing well there , he is a quality player

spell officially ends on 28 February

Sammy is a arrogant *****, he wouldn't take him back.

I agree though he is what we need, a bit of bite in midfield and some quality on the deadballs, not forgetting the passion he provides (a lot of people I speak too want him captain)

I just can't see Sammy taking him back.
Sammy h

Postby marky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:13 pm

I have to admit I'd love to hear the thoughts of Mark S. I rather suspect I wouldn't agree with them, but I'd still like to hear them ;) Unlike most of the "In Sammy we trust" brigade, at least he tried to back up what he felt.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Previous

Return to General Discussion