Jimbo!

Jimbo!

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Get Jim playing again. I've said it before, he's not the best defender at the club but he is, by far, the best leader. Plus he'd score a few! With Jim on the pitch, you'd have every player running themselves in to the ground. If he brings out an extra 10% from every other player, then I don't care that he's now 10% down on the other defenders. Besides, our defence was hardly water-tight anyway!

Get Jim on the pitch and wearing the captain's armband. We're in a relegation scrap and we need players who have the stomach for the fight.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Jimbo!

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:42 pm

absolutely we need fighters out there not mercenaries!
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Good shout. Forget technical ability, let's play a team who will battle. And Bentley would certainly give us a chance with our set pieces which have not been good enough this season (amongst other things).
james456

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Keith wrote:Get Jim playing again. I've said it before, he's not the best defender at the club but he is, by far, the best leader. Plus he'd score a few! With Jim on the pitch, you'd have every player running themselves in to the ground. If he brings out an extra 10% from every other player, then I don't care that he's now 10% down on the other defenders. Besides, our defence was hardly water-tight anyway!

Get Jim on the pitch and wearing the captain's armband. We're in a relegation scrap and we need players who have the stomach for the fight.

he's not the best defender

no he isnt but he will bring passion and a will to win games

bentley back now.........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 pm

AGREED
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:39 pm

DO IT PETER, JUST DO IT, as a succesful boss you are clearly ruthless, so sack sammy and install jim, you will instantly command my respect :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:40 pm

I have been saying it since the start of the season.

How many goals have we lost since him and Artell haven't been in the team about 10-15!!

plus we have lost Stanner and Duffy who contribute a few plus a lot of assits and who have we replaced them with?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 pm

P/T Indie wrote:How many goals have we lost since him and Artell haven't been in the team about 10-15!!

More like 6. They both score about 1 every 10 games.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby The Fury » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:04 pm

MfcChris wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:How many goals have we lost since him and Artell haven't been in the team about 10-15!!

Actually, you could say Bentley and Artell produced, between them, 9 goals a season. In the three seasons that they played together as a partnership, Bentley averaged 4.3 goals per season and Artell 5. Contrast that with today, where Parrish and Charnock partnered each other at the back, then we have a total of 1 goal per season, scored by Charnock (Parrish is yet to score for the club in his two and a half seasons despite his height).
The Fury

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 pm

It hasn't been a full season yet my stats were based on 30 games.

Plus doesn't Parrish stay back with the opposition strikers for corners as he is fast. Hardly comparable.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby The Fury » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 pm

MfcChris wrote:It hasn't been a full season yet my stats were based on 30 games.

Plus doesn't Parrish stay back with the opposition strikers for corners as he is fast. Hardly comparable.

Couldn't tell you. Just contrasting goals from centre backs in the previous three seasons with today.
The Fury

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 pm

MfcChris wrote:

Really!!! I thought one season Arts socred more than that on his own
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:17 pm

He must of got more last season than the previous 2 then. Well we did finish 4th :D

He is missed though :(
MfcChris

Postby The Fury » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 pm

MfcChris wrote:He must of got more last season than the previous 2 then. Well we did finish 4th :D

He is missed though :(

Yeah, he got 8 last season. Remarkable for a centre back.
The Fury

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:DO IT PETER, JUST DO IT, as a succesful boss you are clearly ruthless, so sack sammy and install jim, you will instantly command my respect :lol: :lol:

...and I promise I'll spell liase properly, like'er liaise :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 am

there you go again, this is about footy, not gcse english, no wonder poor old locky and ockers have fled the nest :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:23 am

Keith wrote:Get Jim playing again. I've said it before, he's not the best defender at the club but he is, by far, the best leader. Plus he'd score a few! With Jim on the pitch, you'd have every player running themselves in to the ground. If he brings out an extra 10% from every other player, then I don't care that he's now 10% down on the other defenders. Besides, our defence was hardly water-tight anyway!

If Bentley is fit get him back. No surprise our form picked up for the the few games he played early in the season. He may be slow but paired with Parrish we should be ok.

Leadership is what we are lacking. Saw Barry bellow out a couple of times yesterday but the nearest player was about 20 yards away. Need a captain in the thick of things to get in the faces of the rest when things go wrong. No offence Barry but the players are more likely to hear Sammy on the bench than you in the penalty box. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 am

I think Barry commands his penalty area very well. However, that's only 18 yards when there's another 92!
Little Shrimp

Return to General Discussion