Morecambe 0 - 3 Oxford Utd

Re: Morecambe 0 - 3 Oxford Utd

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Shit refereeing, their 2 goals were never free kicks, constable ran into charnock for the 1st one, and charnock got the ball for the second one. should have been leading at half time, had the chances couldnt score. Difference today was we had countless shots and didnt score, when they scored their 3rd, they had only had 3 chances. should have had another penalty for handball and carlton was clearly brought down just outside the box. Their keeper should have been carded for handball and their player was lucky in the first half to escape without a card for a two footed tackle, granted he got the ball.

Only player to play remotely well today was Andy Parrish, again. I've got to be honest, I'm starting to worry, Jevons looked crap, drummond although his passing is excellent doesnt get forward enough, hurst from what ive seen is crap, wilson was useless, spencer although he tried was ineffective and I cant see what options we have on the bench. We have no more options in midfield, (I dont rate Brown, he has good moments in games, but never a full good game), hunter is better coming off the bench, and we dont really know what wainwright is capable. Maybe start Run DMC (rundle) next game, at least he can cross a ball.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 am

If league 2 was the premiership for example then we'd be a club roughly the size of burnley (or smaller) i'd say. If burnley finished 4th last season and are looking like staying up again this season then there is no way the board would sack the manager. As our board won't, as they live in the real world.
durhamshrimp

Postby Posh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:19 am

durhamshrimp wrote:If league 2 was the premiership for example then we'd be a club roughly the size of burnley (or smaller) i'd say. If burnley finished 4th last season and are looking like staying up again this season then there is no way the board would sack the manager. As our board won't, as they live in the real world.

Would a Burnley have had the third largest bill for agents? Yes we're a small club and last year we punched above our weight but unlike several clubs around us our manager has a decent budget and pretty much gets what he wants. We've got a large squad of players where numerous ones this season that simply aren't up to the job - Moss, Rundle, Scott etc., which have cost us say £120,000 this season for those three alone. Given our budget and a better return for that money we should be doing better than we are in my view.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 am

Just looking around all the threads and all I see is negativity towards Sammy and things in general, we need some positivity

Where's OCKERS when you need him :?
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 am

probably washing sammys car :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:46 am

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:Shit refereeing, their 2 goals were never free kicks, constable ran into charnock for the 1st one, and charnock got the ball for the second one. should have been leading at half time, had the chances couldnt score. Difference today was we had countless shots and didnt score, when they scored their 3rd, they had only had 3 chances. should have had another penalty for handball and carlton was clearly brought down just outside the box. Their keeper should have been carded for handball and their player was lucky in the first half to escape without a card for a two footed tackle, granted he got the ball.

Only player to play remotely well today was Andy Parrish, again. I've got to be honest, I'm starting to worry, Jevons looked crap, drummond although his passing is excellent doesnt get forward enough, hurst from what ive seen is crap, wilson was useless, spencer although he tried was ineffective and I cant see what options we have on the bench. We have no more options in midfield, (I dont rate Brown, he has good moments in games, but never a full good game), hunter is better coming off the bench, and we dont really know what wainwright is capable. Maybe start Run DMC (rundle) next game, at least he can cross a ball.

I think Hurst has been really good. Also, apart from the Coventry game, I think Rundle has not been as could as he probably could be. He seems to lose the ball alot.
Little Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 am

mrpotatohead wrote:probably washing sammys car :lol:

In Sammy's secret underground bunker more like! no doubts with Tin helmet firmly inplace :lol:
HALMA 1983

Previous

Return to General Discussion