Reaction - Sammy & Pazza

Re: Reaction - Sammy & Pazza

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 pm

[quote="Morecambe Jack"]I don't care how many players we have on the books - we don't know how much they are being paid but we do know Sammy works within the budget given to him by the board (as he frequently says he has to let people go before bringing new faces in). So long as he does that, I don't care.

I am suprised the board back him as much as they do after the summer and when Sammy said it was the best squad we have ever had. Of course we have to get rid of people before we bring people in or we would have a squad of 50+ if it was up to Sammy.

When he went back asking for more players in Jan I think the directors should have started asking questions about the best squad we had ever had.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby sardineleader » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 pm

i saw capaldi drive into the car park at 1.45
i have been to every away game this season believe me things are not good.
sardineleader

Postby The Fury » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
The Fury wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:If you are refering to this: http://www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.u ... p?a=221017 then yes. But £1,500 is hardly significant is it?

The summary on there doesn't put the figures into context, which were considerably higher than those related to the other clubs you describe has having bigger budgets. Seeing as most of what you say is speculation, I would counter by some speculation of my own by arguing that the likes of Capaldi, having dropped from a significantly higher level, will not be on cheap wages.

Another aspect of the debate here is whether Sammy's reputation attracts a certain calibre of player. Whilst this may be the case regarding Capaldi, one issue I would have is why we have never been able to utilise Sammy's very public (he scuttles off to MUTV at least twice a week) association with Manchester United?

Whatever context you put it into, £1,500 is not a lot of money to the football club. Yes, many clubs spent nothing but that isn't really a figure to worry about is it?

I don't think its unreasonable to speculate that our budget is lower than clubs with much higher gates than us? But my main argument is that it does not matter how many players are in the squad as long as Sammy sticks to the budget given to him by the Board. They do know our financial situation and do know what we can afford. Again, I'm not saying that Capaldi isn't on a considerable wage (I think he probably is) but, if the board were unhappy with it, they wouldn't allow it.

Fair point about the gates. But, similarly, if Capaldi is on a considerable wage (which we both assume he is) then surely this demonstrates that our budget isn't exactly on the level of the likes of Accy and Macclesfield, to use two examples of clubs with traditionally low budgets at this level. The reality is it is these clubs we are competing with at the moment and, given the wages of Capaldi (I'd be tempted to throw Roche, Shuker, Holdsworth, Haining, Hurst and Jevons into that list) then questions have to be asked.
The Fury

Postby Morectalk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:54 pm

It doesn't matter how many we have in the squad, Sammy should do the honourable thing - TIME TO FALL ON YOUR SWORD NOW !!!!!
Morectalk

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:55 pm

I think we have a much bigger budget than all the teams around us or the teams that usually finish in the bottom third.

Bradford excluded, obviously.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:58 pm

our chairman is minted, our manager gets a big squad and we suck, we need six or seven less players and a boss who cares about the club, anyone guess who could fill the gap :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Jim Harvey?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Previous

Return to General Discussion