Reaction - Sammy & Pazza

Reaction - Sammy & Pazza

Postby The Bay » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:22 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Reaction - Sammy & Pazza

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:29 pm

haha,so its the players fault .not the management,youre having a laugh arnt you :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby sardineleader » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:48 pm

quote i brought him to the club
dont you mean he was paid up at bury and he asked
if he could train with us to keep fit then sammy signs him up
not got a good goal scoring record since he left to go to carlise
6 goals in 4 years money wasted me thinks we need a proven goal
scorer jevons is a waste of space
sardineleader

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:55 pm

You can't pick up a proven league 2 striker for nothing and on a free transfer as everyone is expecting Sammy to do! It is impossible especially with our budget. The cheque book might be required this summer...
Morecambe Jack

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:57 pm

sardineleader wrote:quote i brought him to the club

i have never really taken to Jevons he's not physical enough you have to put the ball on a plate for him, and even then he needs 4 chances to score 1 goal..

it wouldn't bother me if i never seen him in a Moecambe shirt again.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:You can't pick up a proven league 2 striker for nothing and on a free transfer as everyone is expecting Sammy to do! It is impossible especially with our budget. The cheque book might be required this summer...

May i remind you we have 28 players on the books................
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:59 pm

DawZi wrote:
sardineleader wrote:quote i brought him to the club

i have never really taken to Jevons he's not physical enough you have to put the ball on a plate for him, and even then he needs 4 chances to score 1 goal..

it wouldn't bother me if i never seen him in a Moecambe shirt again.

agree
shrimpnsave

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I don't care how many players we have on the books - we don't know how much they are being paid but we do know Sammy works within the budget given to him by the board (as he frequently says he has to let people go before bringing new faces in). So long as he does that, I don't care.

Anyone with half a brain would realise however, that it is impossible that we will have a budget anywhere near that of the "bigger" clubs in this league with much higher attendences e.g. Bradford, Port Vale etc etc... So, if there is any player who is proven at this level, they are going to go to those clubs before us for bigger wages. Hence, we will never get a proven striker at this level.
Morecambe Jack

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:08 pm

we never made lots of chances today, but when players fail to connect with the ball point blank you have to think, is this the right job for you mate :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I don't care how many players we have on the books - we don't know how much they are being paid but we do know Sammy works within the budget given to him by the board (as he frequently says he has to let people go before bringing new faces in). So long as he does that, I don't care.

Anyone with half a brain would realise however, that it is impossible that we will have a budget anywhere near that of the "bigger" clubs in this league with much higher attendences e.g. Bradford, Port Vale etc etc... So, if there is any player who is proven at this level, they are going to go to those clubs before us for bigger wages. Hence, we will never get a proven striker at this level.

JACK the lad,belive me the books have to be balanced re- players,suppose we are fortunate to have a rich chairman............
shrimpnsave

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I reiterate, as long as Sammy sticks to the budget given to him by the Board, there is not an argument here.
Morecambe Jack

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I reiterate, as long as Sammy sticks to the budget given to him by the Board, there is not an argument here.

ok jack 8-)
shrimpnsave

Postby The Fury » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Jack, did you have sight of the figures we spent on agents fees that were published recently? If not, I suggest you have a glance, as you may then reappraise your thoughts on our budget.
The Fury

Postby sardineleader » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:55 pm

at lincoln last week ashley grimes scores twice on loan from millwall
their keeper on loan from sunderland so that shows to me sammy has no contacts
or nobody want to come to us
sardineleader

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:57 pm

If you are refering to this: http://www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.u ... p?a=221017 then yes. But £1,500 is hardly significant is it?

Sardineleader: if you think Sammy has no contacts then what chance does Jimbo have considering everyone wants him to be manager???
Morecambe Jack

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:01 pm

sammy mac is not a popular manager amongst his peers coz he shafted his mate jim harvey simple, he is lucky to have a long contract and a nice boss, this will be his last job as a manager in league footy, he should, but will not, do the decent thing, and stand down, thats me off the fence :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:04 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:sammy mac is not a popular manager amongst his peers coz he shafted his mate jim harvey simple, he is lucky to have a long contract and a nice boss, this will be his last job as a manager in league footy, he should, but will not, do the decent thing, and stand down, thats me off the fence :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

or whats a ...... :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby james456 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Worth bearing in mind that he offered his resignation to the board earlier in the season and they convinced him to stay. If the board wanted a new man at the helm, I can't see Sammy clinging on to his job and preventing us from making a change.
james456

Postby outsider » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:14 pm

When if ever has a player joined us and said I came here as I wanted to play for Sammy Mac?

I have not jumped on the bandwagon before, but I now think its time for a change.
Sammy is and always will be a legend for what he has done with little Morecambe, but even he must realise enough is enough. I would like to see Jim and Mark given the job till the end of the season and then, look at it again. As for him down the road no thanks, We need some fresh ideas to move us on.

Thought the singing was OK today shame it didn't start till we were 3-0 down.

We are very much in a relegation dog fight and the sooner we all realise this (fans,players,managment AND board) the better.

Lets all get behind the team Tuesday night in what is now a VERY VERY BIG 6 pointer v Macc, its only 1 1/2 hrs down the road, £9 adults, £5 u16 and u12 free. The team players and club need us now more than ever.

Over the last 4-5 years they have given us many highs, now we ALL need to give something back.

UP THE SHRIMPS
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby sardineleader » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:22 pm

we have played 29 players this season and we still keep playing the same starting 11 with the exception of the 2 enforced changes last week at lincoln and capaldi was late arriving at the game on his own at game 1.45 not good preperation for a game we lost.we are playing 2 games aweek at the moment so what about using the squad to possibly change our luck or may be win a game.bring back bentley lets see what a leader on the field can do !
sardineleader

Postby The Fury » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:If you are refering to this: http://www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.u ... p?a=221017 then yes. But £1,500 is hardly significant is it?

The summary on there doesn't put the figures into context, which were considerably higher than those related to the other clubs you describe has having bigger budgets. Seeing as most of what you say is speculation, I would counter by some speculation of my own by arguing that the likes of Capaldi, having dropped from a significantly higher level, will not be on cheap wages.

Another aspect of the debate here is whether Sammy's reputation attracts a certain calibre of player. Whilst this may be the case regarding Capaldi, one issue I would have is why we have never been able to utilise Sammy's very public (he scuttles off to MUTV at least twice a week) association with Manchester United?
The Fury

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 pm

They should be back in tomorrow afternoon, not Monday for a few hours. Easy life.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby james456 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:29 pm

The Fury wrote: Whilst this may be the case regarding Capaldi, one issue I would have is why we have never been able to utilise Sammy's very public (he scuttles off to MUTV at least twice a week) association with Manchester United?

Also, why did we never see any loanees come from Blackburn Rovers whilst their reserves were playing at CP?
james456

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 pm

james456 wrote:
The Fury wrote: Whilst this may be the case regarding Capaldi, one issue I would have is why we have never been able to utilise Sammy's very public (he scuttles off to MUTV at least twice a week) association with Manchester United?

Also, why did we never see any loanees come from Blackburn Rovers whilst their reserves were playing at CP?

Because Coley uses his contacts there and entices them all to Accy.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 pm

The Fury wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:If you are refering to this: http://www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.u ... p?a=221017 then yes. But £1,500 is hardly significant is it?

The summary on there doesn't put the figures into context, which were considerably higher than those related to the other clubs you describe has having bigger budgets. Seeing as most of what you say is speculation, I would counter by some speculation of my own by arguing that the likes of Capaldi, having dropped from a significantly higher level, will not be on cheap wages.

Another aspect of the debate here is whether Sammy's reputation attracts a certain calibre of player. Whilst this may be the case regarding Capaldi, one issue I would have is why we have never been able to utilise Sammy's very public (he scuttles off to MUTV at least twice a week) association with Manchester United?

Whatever context you put it into, £1,500 is not a lot of money to the football club. Yes, many clubs spent nothing but that isn't really a figure to worry about is it?

I don't think its unreasonable to speculate that our budget is lower than clubs with much higher gates than us? But my main argument is that it does not matter how many players are in the squad as long as Sammy sticks to the budget given to him by the Board. They do know our financial situation and do know what we can afford. Again, I'm not saying that Capaldi isn't on a considerable wage (I think he probably is) but, if the board were unhappy with it, they wouldn't allow it.
Morecambe Jack

Next

Return to General Discussion