Please stop the ABUSE now.....

Please stop the ABUSE now.....

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:06 pm

I am totally sick and tired of the abuse aimed at our players,directors and management - i think some fans need to take a look across the River Lune and appreciate what we have got compared to them - maybe the small minded people who constantly moan and groan about our team would be happier watching Lancaster (i for one would be happier if they did) I have watched the Shrimps for 30 years and we have had lot worse spells than now and we will have worse spells in the future i am sure..... We are 4 games undefeated at the moment so the club must be doing something right,even though we did not play that well on saturday we could have won the game at the end and its only last year we lost 4 - 0 at home to Grimsby Take a look at Spurs in the premiership they have spent app 50 million and where are they in the league rock bottom sorry coops so what have we got to moan about...... I FOR ONE AM CONTEMPLATING NOT GOING TO ANY MORE GAMES DUE TO THIS CONSTANT ABUSE OF THE CLUB BY SOME IN MY OPINION MINDLESS IDIOTS and maybe thats why the crowds are dropping because people dont want to come and listen to this rubbish every week
Howe Magic

Re: Please stop the ABUSE now.....

Postby OvertheBar » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:18 pm

to moan about...... I FOR ONE AM CONTEMPLATING NOT GOING TO ANY MORE GAMES DUE TO THIS CONSTANT ABUSE OF THE CLUB BY SOME IN MY OPINION MINDLESS IDIOTS and maybe thats why the crowds are dropping because people dont want to come and listen to this rubbish every week

That sounds a bit drastic HM. We have been in the North Stand for several seasons and seldom hear abuse aimed at the players or Sammy. A few moans and mutterings are understandable when we are not performing well but that quickly changes in the North Stand once the team put in effort.

The fans were really bril last Saturday considering how miserable things were on the pitch.

Get a drum and stand next to the 'abusers' to drown out their comments. Failing that...bring your drum into the North Stand and sing your heart out for the lads.
OvertheBar

Postby Hodgie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Or go to the idiots work place and give them abuse.

YOUR BRICKS AREN'T STRAIGHT YOU F#####g W##K#R
Hodgie

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Hodgie wrote:Or go to the idiots work place and give them abuse.

YOUR BRICKS AREN'T STRAIGHT YOU F#####g W##K#R

:lol:

Funny but true. Any other workplace and the 'worker' would quite rightly have a serious grievance.
Mark S

Postby Phoenix » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:14 pm

I FOR ONE AM CONTEMPLATING NOT GOING TO ANY MORE GAMES DUE TO THIS CONSTANT ABUSE OF THE CLUB BY SOME IN MY OPINION MINDLESS IDIOTS and maybe thats why the crowds are dropping because people dont want to come and listen to this rubbish every week

I have to assume you are in hearing range of them if they are annoying you that much. The one question that hasn't been asked in either of the abuse threads is why hasn't anyone said something to them? Why has it taken Rod to get things moving? You've got a voice, use it to give them your opinion or just shout above them to give sammy your support.

That's what usually gets me into trouble, it did in Macclesfield :lol: :lol: a few mindless tossers that thought the cracking cockle picker jokes in front of a morecambe photographer would be good for a laugh. As we seem to have here, the youngest mindless tosser was in his 50s.
Phoenix

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:19 pm

As you quite rightly say Gnasher, it's not the young ones hurling abuse, but the old bastards in the Paddock.

Ban people from going into the paddock. Plenty of room on the carwash for them.
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:24 pm

As a seasoned paddock-er, I resent being called an 'old bastard'. The vast majority of people who stand there are perfectly harmless individuals.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Phoenix » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:27 pm

I hear lots of abuse around the grounds pitch-side but not supposed to answer back, Macc was an exception because the small group relished in the disaster. Similar jokes were cracked at Bradford, I thought of a reply but thought it was a bit below the belt so kept quiet :roll:

The younger ones are there mainly for the game, the atmosphere and their mates. You don't hear abuse from the North Stand but more importantly nor will you hear it if you're in the North Stand. To really understand what is being defined as abuse, you have to spend a match in the paddock or main stand. As has been said, it's nothing a steward could take action over i.e. not racist or foul language. It's just pathetic.

And as marky says, the abuse comes from a very small minority.
Phoenix

Postby campdave » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Is calling an idiot an idiot abuse?
campdave

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:37 pm

marky wrote:As a seasoned paddock-er, I resent being called an 'old bastard'. The vast majority of people who stand there are perfectly harmless individuals.

If you are one of the ones hurling abuse, then I'm sorry, but the cap fits.
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Given I wasn't there on Saturday, no ;) However, morecambe mick, given you have defended other members for some of their misdemeanors this season, I'm not sure you're in a position to criticise.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:59 pm

Didn't something similar happen last season with somebody in the Paddock?

Not the very same individual surely?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby CASS » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Last season I told of a cretin who decided to come and stand next to us in the "Western quarter"
of the North Stand. He was there for a game and a half. I do not know why he bothered to come to be honest,but he probably has a shit home life and being afraid of his partner comes to the ground to vent his spleen ...Anyway my Southern Friend told him to S.T.F.up or he would poke him in the eye with a sharp stick..(Which did not go down to well on here I recall)
We have not seen him since,maybe he is sitting in the main stand now.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby dave wilky » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:28 pm

I stand in the paddock...... ;)
The abuse came from the mainstand directly above and behind the dugout
the abuse was directed at Stewart Drummond......refering to I think the amount of pay they get and how they are a bunch of tossers! or words to that effect..... :x
Stewart quite rightly had a go back at the pillock for want of a better word....saying maybe he should get on the pitch if he can do better....again i was putting it politely... :lol: :lol:
well done drummy............ :D
dave wilky

Postby james456 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:39 pm

dave wilky wrote:I stand in the paddock...... ;)
The abuse came from the mainstand directly above and behind the dugout
the abuse was directed at Stewart Drummond......refering to I think the amount of pay they get and how they are a bunch of tossers! or words to that effect..... :x
Stewart quite rightly had a go back at the pillock for want of a better word....saying maybe he should get on the pitch if he can do better....again i was putting it politely... :lol: :lol:
well done drummy............ :D

He waved back at the guy when he said "pull your finger out" or something like that. Not abusive IMO.

But the thing about "how much do you get paid" wasnt too nice. And "Artell should be selling programmes" (that was sort of funny, though).
james456

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:48 pm

It's alright shouting abuse but when your critising someone about something they cannot do better it's just stupid. There probably mainly jealous and angry that they could never play football themselves because they were awful at the game!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby dave wilky » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
well put...

cheer the players on dont hurl abuse at them
mcstay got some not so long ago...and weinright was also on the recieving end at the Grimbsy game .. this time i`m ashamed to say it was from another PILLOCK but coming this time from the paddock.....
easy when they know the player cant answer or fight back....maybe they should try it during a night round lancaster.... ;) ...see how fast they end up in hospital...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
dave wilky

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:08 pm

marky wrote:Given I wasn't there on Saturday, no ;) However, morecambe mick, given you have defended other members for some of their misdemeanors this season, I'm not sure you're in a position to criticise.

Oh, but you are so wrong.

I am in a position to critise, as is the Chief Executive of the club. I do not however consider myself anything of consequence to the club.

I am in a position to express my opinion.

I do not often, on this message board, get serious, there are far too many doing that already.

However, I do find it incredibly hard to sit and watch/read of injustice without making a comment, but only if I have first hand knowledge of the situation.

If this is defending other members for misdemeanors then hang me.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=898&p=9971&hilit=jordan#p9971

I prefer to think of it as an informed opinion. An attempt to stop the people who were not present assuming they know what happened, and spreading "Hear'say" ( :lol: )
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Ezz, in that case is it stupid to criticise Gordon Brown because he can't do any better? Is it wrong to do it given few of us would know the first thing about running a country? In the days when we all went in JBs Bar and all the players would be amongst us, talking with us, I'm pretty certain views were exchanged from time to time ;)

Mick, it is, of course, all about opinions. But unless you were stood in the paddock/sat in the main stand, it isn't really informed opinion in this context (just general opnion). By the way, hear'say were crap ;)
marky

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 pm

My informed comment was in reference to Barnet, not Saturday.

As I have said, I have had words, with one offender, and have watched the game from both the mainstand and the paddock. I have witnessed at first hand the abuse aimed at players and management and it made me sick.
morecambe mick

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:41 pm

marky wrote:Ezz, in that case is it stupid to criticise Gordon Brown because he can't do any better? Is it wrong to do it given few of us would know the first thing about running a country? In the days when we all went in JBs Bar and all the players would be amongst us, talking with us, I'm pretty certain views were exchanged from time to time ;)

Mick, it is, of course, all about opinions. But unless you were stood in the paddock/sat in the main stand, it isn't really informed opinion in this context (just general opnion). By the way, hear'say were crap ;)

This is a football match though not running a country, how people can shout abuse and criticise players when they'l never have the ability of half the talent to do beter themselves is beyound me. Yeh when they do something bad and yo know they can do better then fine but any other than that is out of order......just my motto i guess
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:58 pm

I think that's the point, we know they can do better than they were doing? Anyway, hopefully they will do better on Saturday :P
marky

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:59 pm

any chance of some kind of tip off for the north stand everytime this idiot churps up , we could sing Sammy Macs barmy Army in response!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Loyalsupporter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:47 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I missed this 1st time round

North Stand Shrimp, you are always a couple of steps below me, so if you want to point out the negative nerd next time, I will gladly become the annoying Balloon guy who keeps bursting balloons well within earshot every time the negative nerd speaks, hopefully this individual will get fed up of me and move on.

I could be mature aswell and ask them to refrain from spoiling my match day atmosphere with abusive insults towards the team which I pay good money to SUPPORT

everytime some one in the crowd has a problem with a some one being abusive or negative, they should shout Negative nerd then we should ALL sing "LOYAL SUPPORTERS"

or something to let them know we dont agree with them

put your ideas on a postcard and send em to Keith
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Aspers » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:20 am

People pay their hard earned money and if they feel they're not getting a good deal have every right to complain.
I suggest taking a gun to the ground and shooting everyone who disagrees with you.

e.g this pies too cold, No it's not, bang. Aspers logic. 8-)

Failing that, shut up whingers, look at us, we're in Div 2 (4), cast back your mind 20 years.
As a club I feel we are punching above our weight, and its bloody good executive management thats got us there and will keep us there.
I think our board members should whinge every time someone else whinges.
eg Can't believe their whingeing, 20 years ago we were nearly gone and look at us now, league football, new ground, unbeaten for etc etc.

Rant over, OMG I can feel a ramblings coming on!!!.
Aspers

Next

Return to General Discussion