Partnerships now

Re: Partnerships now

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:CC, do you ever look into the facts before you spout your shit?
Hurst has scored a grand total of 21 goals in his entire career with only 15 of them coming in league games and the most hes ever got in a season is 5 with only 2 of them being scored in the league.

Where have you got this idea from that he's a goalscorer? Hes hardly prolific!

No need for the abuse....

I'd like to agree with you there CC, after being rudely told by the same person that my opinion is "bollocks."

Perhaps he has red hair as well..............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:07 pm

It is my opinion that your opinion was bollocks.

It is also my opinion that CC talks shite and needs to back up his statements with facts before suggesting the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

In both cases I provided you with the facts that proved you wrong so you should both be thankful for me improving your knowledge of our football club and its players.
The Red Knight

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm

The Red Knight wrote:It is my opinion that your opinion was bollocks.

It is also my opinion that CC talks shite and needs to back up his statements with facts before suggesting the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

In both cases I provided you with the facts that proved you wrong so you should both be thankful for me improving your knowledge of our football club and its players.

I wasn't having a go at your opinion, just the fact that you could maybe be a bit more polite instead of just swearing and being offensive.
Little Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 pm

And imo your opinion is an opinion that you know better than everybody else's opinion,if you cant be courteous towards fellow svs keep your opinion to yourself....
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm man enough to admit that my facts are wrong having checked again. :oops:

But it's still my opinion that he would be a useful asset in the middle using his holding skills to our advantage.

Over to you.......
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 pm

2 strikers scored goals last night they deserve the chance to carry on the good work
parkyboy

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 am

It's not that you disagreed with people, but the manner in which you disagreed. I thoroughly defend CC's right to talk shite! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby 1953 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:27 am

Dawzi,i'm trying to work out what defective experience is (doesn't sound too clever)

Postby Ntini » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 am

I'll throw this little gem into the mix:

____________________ROCHE_________________

HOLDSWORTH__McCREADY__CHARNOCK__CAPALDI

HURST____________DRUMMOND_________WILSON

SPENCER___________CARLTON__________JEVONS

¡Olé!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Ntini wrote:I'll throw this little gem into the mix:

____________________ROCHE_________________

HOLDSWORTH__McCREADY__CHARNOCK__CAPALDI

HURST____________DRUMMOND_________WILSON

SPENCER___________CARLTON__________JEVONS

¡Olé!

That would be great but I think Drummy would be rather knackered by half time!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:47 pm

1953 wrote:Dawzi,i'm trying to work out what defective experience is (doesn't sound too clever)

well spoted.. it should have read *defensive*
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Mmm, statistically, perhaps (in that the stats say he's not been a prolific scorer in his still quite young career (some of that spent in the treatment room).

But we've all heard of players who have been switched from one position to another and produced different results.

If we had two great strikers on form, banging them in for fun, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

We dont.

But what we do have is a player who's doing pretty well on the right flank and looking like a great acquisition, with good ball control, a clever footballing brain and lots of skill to send defenders the wrong way.

He is good with either foot and has great balance. I just thought he 'could' be worth a try in a more forward position - and it's not like we'd be risking a lot in giving it a try.

We know that Gaz and Brown can do a decent job in wide midfield areas and Jevons hasn't done enough recently to make him an automatic choice.

Maybe not 'facts' - but at least a reasoned proposition?

;)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Keith wrote:

It's not that you disagreed with people, but the manner in which you disagreed. I thoroughly defend CC's right to talk shite! :roll:

Thank you..... ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Keith wrote:

Thank you..... ;)

It's just, there's no need to exercise that right so frequently :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Previous

Return to General Discussion