History section on morecambe supporters website

History section on morecambe supporters website

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Just a message to say the history section from the old supporters site to the new one has now been added. I have a few parts still too add but it is well worth a quick look. :)

www.morecambesupporters.co.uk/history.html
Spicy Shrimp

Re: History section on morecambe supporters website

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Very impressive. Liking the old photographs.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Some good stuff on there. Well done to all concerned.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 pm

If anybody has anything that they want uploading, history or anything drop me a pm. :)
Spicy Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Very interesting reading , is there any chance that our exploits in Lancashire Combination will eventually be included cos we had a fair amount of success
parkyboy

Postby MfcChris » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Looks good. A lot more people need to sign up though!!!

Hope you asked before all this was taken from the OMFSC website. You know what the copyright police are like :roll:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:56 pm

MfcChris wrote:Looks good. A lot more people need to sign up though!!!

Hope you asked before all this was taken from the OMFSC website. You know what the copyright police are like :roll:

I had permission :)
Spicy Shrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:15 am

MfcChris wrote:You know what the copyright police are like :roll:

And rightly so!

Nicely done site, although a couple of typos on the 'events' page, unless we're having a night for a long serving steward? (And it's Keith not Kieth :roll: )
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am

Keith wrote:

And rightly so!

Nicely done site, although a couple of typos on the 'events' page, unless we're having a night for a long serving steward? (And it's Keith not Kieth :roll: )

I just copy and pasted what was emailed to me.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:26 am

Well done lads great effort. I will enjoy looking at that in great depth when I get a good few hours.

First observation - South Liverpool remember them ? Went to their ground Holly Park before they packed in . What a God-forsaken hole that was in Speke/Garston ?

Anyone remember that lunatic they had in goals - Peter Eales ex Alty. He was the scouse version of Tony Roberts !
SimplyRed MFC

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 am

Whilst Im on the subject of God forsaken holes in Liverpool - remember Kirkby Town circa 1973 that was grim. Half the floodlights broken and dangling and all the pies got knicked before half time. Shameless !
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 pm

SimplyRed MFC wrote:Anyone remember that lunatic they had in goals - Peter Eales ex Alty. He was the scouse version of Tony Roberts !

Peter Eales .... what a character ! Yes, I remember him !!

Another moment from my memory bank I remember vividly was in April 1988. Grand National Day, and the once title chasing Shrimps are lumbering to a 1-0 home win over South Liverpool.

Shortly after half time (Midds I presume it was) announced over the tannoy that the winner of The Grand National was such and such a horse.

Peter Eales then proceeds to turn his back on the action, faces the Morecambe fans behind the goal, looks to the sky and throws his head back despondantly, mouthing quite clearing, "F****** b@$t@rd" at the fact his horse hadn't won !!! At which point, Dave Lancaster seizes the opportunity, has a wild shot on goal which proceeds to rattle Eales' cross bar !! :lol:

Have NEVER forgotten that !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Gnasher » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Keith wrote:

And rightly so!

Most definitely rightly so especially as all it takes is a few minutes and a polite request ;) You might want to review your domain registration, there should be an option to stop the world seeing who you are and where you live (4UU should mean something to you :lol: )

Update - There is definitely an opt-out option with your domain registrar, 123-reg. I use them myself so the world can only see my name, not my address.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Gnasher wrote:
Keith wrote:

And rightly so!

Most definitely rightly so especially as all it takes is a few minutes and a polite request ;) You might want to review your domain registration, there should be an option to stop the world seeing who you are and where you live (4UU should mean something to you :lol: )

Update - There is definitely an opt-out option with your domain registrar, 123-reg. I use them myself so the world can only see my name, not my address.

Hehe thanks for the heads up Gnasher, changed that now.
Spicy Shrimp

Return to General Discussion