Northampton 3 Morecambe 3 Hurst, Spencer, Mullin F/T

Re: Northampton 3 Morecambe 3 Hurst, Spencer, Mullin F/T

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Frustrating not be there. But what a game by the sounds of it. Morale booster if ever there was one but we musn't get complacent for Saturday. It all starts again then and we must put in another 110 percenter. Looks like the workrate was back up to where we know it must be for this club to be competetive in this league. Safe journey home to all those that went.

:D
Bryan

Postby marky » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Given the lateness of the equaliser, it will feel like a victory for the players. Will do wonders for their confidence.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 am

Just got back from Strawb watching Spurs - great result for Shrimps! Fantastic, well done for all concerned. Just texted Sam n Lils - they are chuffed to bits n lookin to kick on against Oxford on Saturday!!!

COYS!!

(Come on you Shrimps/Spurs!!!!)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 am

shrimper wrote:Just got back from Strawb watching Spurs - great result for Shrimps! Fantastic, well done for all concerned. Just texted Sam n Lils - they are chuffed to bits n lookin to kick on against Oxford on Saturday!!!

COYS!!

(Come on you Shrimps/Spurs!!!!)

Alls hunky dory then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby sardineleader » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 am

just got back nice to see mark lillis & jimbo come to applaud
the42 fans who were there sammy straight down the tunnel again !
sardineleader

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:02 am

Did we play well because we kept going behind so we had to attack? and we all know we play best when we attack.

We will never know but if the game had stayed 0v0 for longer would we have played cautious or would we still have gone for it.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 am

Was good to see them playing as a team, passing the ball well and generally in a forward direction. As Andy P hardly ever puts a foot wrong, the couple of errors he made stood our like saw thumbs particularly the one for the goal where row Z should have been the choice and the left wingers skinned him instead. Andy when centre back does move to the sides on occasions to cover the spaces left by others.

Capaldis throw is a threat and was used on both sides confusing both sets of players with the space he left behind. Never heard Baz so vocal. Fleming was quite awesome imo in midfield.

Keep passing it on the floor and playing together as a team and we will be ok. Big decision on starting frontline for me. Don't like saying it but Jev is just miles off the mark at the moment. Hurst is ;) showing what an asset he will be and it was good to see his family cheering him along. Still don't know what the penalty was for?

Sammy describes some of our defending as woeful

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport ... _1_2416937
Last edited by marky No.1 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:48 am

Unfortunately, it sounds like it happened again last night for Paz. I hope he learns from his little errors and that, with the help of people like Jimbo, can become the player he has the potential to be.

Glad I'm not imagining things in my previous posts though!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:24 am

:lol: So, our defending was 'shocking' and Northampton were generally just 'rubbish'. They paint such a wonderful picture of what I'm sure was a better game than that. Ntini, I knew you'd pick up on Parrish's mistakes. Funny thing is, he's not put a foot wrong in any of the games I've seen him play in the last 2 seasons and those who watch matches every week say mistakes are a rarity.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:55 am

Quinny alluded to the same thing on player that both teams defended poorly.
Morecambe Jack

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Well done to all involved....behind three times away from home and to get a draw shows a lot of fight....16 points required from 16 games ?????

Agree think that will be enough to keep us up.
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 pm

marky wrote::lol: So, our defending was 'shocking' and Northampton were generally just 'rubbish'. They paint such a wonderful picture of what I'm sure was a better game than that. Ntini, I knew you'd pick up on Parrish's mistakes. Funny thing is, he's not put a foot wrong in any of the games I've seen him play in the last 2 seasons and those who watch matches every week say mistakes are a rarity.

Yeah, Ntini, you're a jinx!!

:)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Sounds like a good game, interesting how Mullin comes on to score and everyones reaction to it as the game before the decision to bring him on was "boo'ed". Very good point where many thought a 1-0 loss would have been ok prior to the game!
All means nothing though as always if we go and lose the games to the teams around us.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby MfcChris » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Great game. We missed a one on one early on but they missed an easy chance with a free header. Great effort. Jevons has such a poor first touch and pass it is unreal I would drop him for Danny saturday.

I know who you are Marky you were sat with your wife (well I assume it is :lol: ). Don't know why you stayed when everyone else left though :P See you at the B2Net.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:42 pm

MfcChris wrote:I know who you are Marky you were sat with your wife (well I assume it is :lol: ). Don't know why you stayed when everyone else left though :P See you at the B2Net.

Sounds like I have a stalker :o

Most entertaining game of the season IMO. Had everything bar a sending off and either team could have won it.

Surprised you won't be at Macclesfield, Chris. Are you going into hiding? :lol:

Ps come on Arsenal you can outplay this shower!
marky No.1

Postby MfcChris » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Don't think I can face Macclesfield again after the display earlier in the season. ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 pm

heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:31 am

"HIGHLIGHTS"!!! They are having a laugh!! :evil:

SixfieldsPub.jpg

NorthamptonSixfields.jpg

NorthamptonMFCfans.jpg
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am

NorthamptonMascot.jpg

NorthamptonMainStand.jpg

NorthamptonHomeGoalEnd.jpg

The better highlights are here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 400059.stm

Didn't realise Mullers goal wasn't a header, or as the BBC put it his "late strike" :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am

shrimper wrote:
marky wrote::lol: So, our defending was 'shocking' and Northampton were generally just 'rubbish'. They paint such a wonderful picture of what I'm sure was a better game than that. Ntini, I knew you'd pick up on Parrish's mistakes. Funny thing is, he's not put a foot wrong in any of the games I've seen him play in the last 2 seasons and those who watch matches every week say mistakes are a rarity.

Yeah, Ntini, you're a jinx!!

:)

I knew I'd get it in the neck!!! :cry: :lol:

Just to emphasise, I don't think Parrish is a bad player - far from it! I've just noticed that he's made a few mistakes this season and it's something he needs to work on for him to be the good player we know he can be. There are plenty more in the team who make more mistakes than him, though! But we are a League Two side, and the guys are humans, so mistakes are to be expected. Roll on Saturday!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Mike W. » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Just to say that as pitch side photo man I was at the home end photgraphin' our second and third equalisers, and the moans coming out of that end were wonderous to hear ! Their manager is definitely not flavour of the month, as many home fans criticised his tactics and his substitution policy. I note somebody on here said they were "going for the kill" when they put on their subs in a firly short space of time, but that wasn't how the locals took it.

Admittedly, it was not a very good defensive performance on our part on the night, but the spirit of the fight back, against what looked like a reasonable side (though I would not push that too far) was very good to see.

If we could just tie up our defensive errors, which occur usually when we are playing fairly well, so setting us back a lot, then we would be a few places higher in the League.

Usually on my own during most of the play, I can formulate my own opinions (which is all that they are, of course) uninfluenced by the views of fans round me. My view is that we do play good stuff most of the time, but as a club official said to me (one on the playing side, that is) what we do not seem to be able to handle well enough is when a goal is scored (by either side for some reason ! ) - going behind, our confidence drains away - going ahead we seem to feel we should then gallop forward on all out attack, trying to get an all important second goal within five minutes. The official said "Our legs seem to go to jelly" !

Mike W.
Mike W.

Postby parceldave » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:For all you Mullin haters, this is taken from the Northampton Town forum -

'Mullin has ran circles around us since he come on.'

Yeh but he was only on for 2 mins ;) and if you watch the video it was an own goal anyway. :o
If you wern't so touchy i dont think you will find anyone posting that they hated Mullin at all. The only things that has been posted is the Fact that when he plays we always resort to the hoof ball where he flicks the ball on to NOBODY time after time , as he hasn't the capability to bring the ball down with his chest and lay it off to one of his team mates. Anyway now we have the pace and shooting power of DC in the side i dont think he will get a look in. ;) ;) ;)
parceldave

Previous

Return to General Discussion