Goal poacher..a priority

Goal poacher..a priority

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Unless we get somebody who can stick the ball in the net, we will sooner or later be in a relegation dog fight.

A goal poacher is an absolute priority.

Sod being a good footballer. If he scores goal with his backside, his chest, his kness or any part of his body for that matter I couldn't care less. As long as he makes the oppositions 8 yard box his area of expertise then the others can do the donkey work.

The prospect of BSP is just not something that we can even contemplate.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Goal poacher..a priority

Postby outsider » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Christies Child wrote:Unless we get somebody who can stick the ball in the net, we will sooner or later be in a relegation dog fight.

Sod being a good footballer. If he scores goal with his backside, his chest, his kness or any part of his body for that matter I couldn't care less. As long as he makes the oppositions 8 yard box his area of expertise then the others can do the donkey work.

Is it not 6? or 18
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Fleetwood scored 3 yesterday at Luton in front of 6000+ fans. The Conference isn't what it used to be. Ashley Grimes that wiped us out yesterday had scored 11 in 13 games for Lincoln, which has seen them rise from bottom to mid table in 2 months.

If he continues that form he will be off to Sheffield or Derby before too long.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:Unless we get somebody who can stick the ball in the net, we will sooner or later be in a relegation dog fight.

i know somebody who fits that description Phil Jevons :?

but seriously it's not that type of Striker we need our midfield isnt exactly all that creative for starters to feed somebody like that who's just going to stand there and goal scrounge? no thanks!

for me the type of Striker we need is somebody who's well built like a athlete who can run with the ball and beat players a bit like Rene Howe a few seasons ago with some of the individual goals he would score and win tight matches like against Bradford
George Dawes

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Agree with you on this CC.
Only please replace the words " ... will sooner or later be ... "
with the word " ... are ... "
All the teams at the bottom are picking up more points than we are. Even Stockport found a win from somewhere and their fans had the BSP as an absolute certainty last week.
How many times is there one team each year that thinks they can amble through the second part of the year safely and that the drop couldnt possibly happen to them.
And on the last day get relegated.
We need to wake up now and get the wins to ensure safety as soon as possible
Last edited by SimplyRed MFC on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SimplyRed MFC

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Tubbs got a hat trick for Crawley to win the game after being 2.0 down at half time. Ellison on loan at Bradford scored the only goal.
These type of players don't grow on Christmas trees , although some have been known to fall off them!
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:54 pm

outsider wrote:

Is it not 6? or 18

Whichever... :oops: the fact remains we need somebody. I'm tired of being told we're in for this and that with nobody actually coming in. Others seen capable or do we rely too much on agents rather than getting out and about ourselves? I don't know, but it's getting too close to the BSP for me!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Not sure that a new striker would instantly mean more goals, and we are in a dog fight, not a case of sooner or later. So the players we have now need to roll their sleeves up, put in more effort, work harder at shutting down the opposition and kick that ball with some venom. Sammy should have them in for double dose of training, get the strikers to practise shooting on impulse. We do lack pace, yet that was the case last season too and we got into the play-offs?

I would prefer to see our players give it some serious wellie every time they get within 30 yards of the goal. Why try to get the ball in the 6 yard box before we go for goal, sheeish we miss most of those chances too, so what's the point in that. Also the opposition are going to realise that eventually one Andy Parrish torpedo shot will go on target and give us more respect. Time to stop the powder puff rubbish and get about teams right from the kick off.
Caged Lion

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 pm

(Sammy should have them in for double dose of training)

Haha....sometimes the team doesnt even get a single training,and we are suppose to be a pro outfit now.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Although a striker may seem a priority, I still can't see us forking out over and above the cost of the 4 strikers we already have. Afford to or afford not to, that is the question
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 am

I am sick of all this negativity and whinging :!:

we are in the football league FFS :!:

[edit Keith: Behave.]
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Poacher a priority???

I prefer Christie The Cat!!! Or even Globey The Globebot!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Christies Child wrote: I'm tired of being told we're in for this and that with nobody actually coming in.

No more sick of it than Sammy and Mark I would have thought. Reality check: Morecambe is not a massive attraction to players. Even the new stadium and excellent training facilities hasn't seemed to pull in Sammy's first choice players! But what can he do about it? Nothing except keep trying.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Morectalk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Although a striker may seem a priority, I still can't see us forking out over and above the cost of the 4 strikers we already have. Afford to or afford not to, that is the question

Surely we made a few quid on the Duffy sale, and with Mullin ready for the knackers yard, a new striker is a major priority IMO.
Morectalk

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:59 pm

I hear Bare Ben is available?
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion