MFC BOARD..FTAO

Re: MFC BOARD..FTAO

Postby MfcChris » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 pm

I am undecided whether I would want Jimbo so soon. It could all go wrong. Would be a very difficult decision even for him. I have every faith we will not finish within the bottom 5, however we could do a Newcastle. Be right near the bottom get their hero (Shearer) to save them, but he couldn't.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby ezz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 pm

New manager
Same players
New manager knows less about existing squad

Hows that going to help?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Fresh pair of eyes
New ideas
No history
No grudges
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Gnasher wrote:Fresh pair of eyes
New ideas
No history
No grudges

Sums it up perfectly.

PLUS New tactics and more entertainment by being positive
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I was under the understanding that both Lillis and Sammy's deals were up for renewal in the summer. Since Sammy has supposedly resigned twice already this season, whose to say he isn't staying on until the end of the season to do the board a favour?
RedRedWine1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:30 pm

I do not want John Coleman at this club, he loves Accy more than us - end of story. I don't know why people think he will suddenly up sticks and move here. Also, he is proven to be successful in getting loads of kids to play well but would he be successful with some of our older journey men? If players get the hump with McIlroy when he drops them or questions them, then what will they be like under coleman with his dressing room rants (just watch that programme on stanley which is on youtube to see).

Equally, Jimbo will be a manager one day but would you throw him in now expecting him to keep us up? Not with his lack of experience no. And for the record, no manager is going to come in and take Jimbo as assistant as ideal as it is. They will all have their own man they want as their number two.

All that said, its irrelevant as Sammy is our manager and he does not turn into a bad manager overnight. The board are sensible, thank God, and will make decisions logically and when the time is right, not when CC thinks its time for heads to roll (which would be any game where we haven't beaten the opposition 10-0).
Morecambe Jack

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Good post Jack, but.

I (personally) would LOVE to see Coley back at this club again some day in a managerial capacity. Without a doubt. As other posters have mentioned on here recently, he still holds the club in very high regard.

I would also love to see Jimbo in the hot-seat, when he is ready ....
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby ezz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 pm

New ideas
No history
No grudges

cant afford better than we have
cant attract better than what we have
End of season maybe
Now?? .....no benefit.
New ideas take time, we dont have that.
Sammy is a better manager than us, he knows the better team
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Fury » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I do not want John Coleman at this club, he loves Accy more than us - end of story. I don't know why people think he will suddenly up sticks and move here. Also, he is proven to be successful in getting loads of kids to play well but would he be successful with some of our older journey men? If players get the hump with McIlroy when he drops them or questions them, then what will they be like under coleman with his dressing room rants (just watch that programme on stanley which is on youtube to see).

Equally, Jimbo will be a manager one day but would you throw him in now expecting him to keep us up? Not with his lack of experience no. And for the record, no manager is going to come in and take Jimbo as assistant as ideal as it is. They will all have their own man they want as their number two.

All that said, its irrelevant as Sammy is our manager and he does not turn into a bad manager overnight. The board are sensible, thank God, and will make decisions logically and when the time is right, not when CC thinks its time for heads to roll (which would be any game where we haven't beaten the opposition 10-0).

That's precisely the reason people are clamouring for a change come the end of the season: so that the signing of journeymen doesn't continue.
The Fury

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:14 pm

cant afford better than we have

I bet there would be a queue up Westgate for the job.

Remember in the JH days people used to say we wouldn't be able to get anyone and I used to say then they would queue down Lancaster Rd.

Our board has a good reputation and we are known for been a well run club so a lot of people would be intrested.

When JH had his heart attack it was supprising who apparently put their hat in the ring.

and I bet Sammy isn;t working for peanuts
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:49 pm

The Fury wrote:That's precisely the reason people are clamouring for a change come the end of the season: so that the signing of journeymen doesn't continue.

It's about a balance though isn't it? If we didn't have some of these journey men we wouldn'y have had the success we have had over the last few seasons! Phil Jevons and Dave Artell for instance were instrumental to last year's success, whatever people may say. Accrington (for instance) fill their team with youth but never get anywhere - they have finished each football league season below us.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Morectalk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Dave Artell leaving was certainly a big blow to the club. Those 6 or 7 headed goals a season are the difference between a drawn games & a bunch of wins.
Morectalk

Postby ezz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:08 pm

P/T Indie wrote:cant afford better than we have

I bet there would be a queue up Westgate for the job.

Remember in the JH days people used to say we wouldn't be able to get anyone and I used to say then they would queue down Lancaster Rd.

Our board has a good reputation and we are known for been a well run club so a lot of people would be intrested.

When JH had his heart attack it was supprising who apparently put their hat in the ring.

and I bet Sammy isn;t working for peanuts

Well no there wouldn't be, especially not a queue of managers BETTER than what we have. Anyone better than Sammy we couldn't afford.
I'm also quite sure it's statistically proven that a change of manager, hinders more often than it helps.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Lloydie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Paul Ince saved Macclesfield from the drop as his first job as a manager...so inexpereince shouldnt just be miscounted
Lloydie

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:
New ideas
No history
No grudges

Sums it up perfectly.

PLUS New tactics and more entertainment by being positive

I'm not advocating change, I'm pointing out the benefits of a change. There's as many reasons to keep things as they are.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Duffman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Keith Hill took over Rochdale and got them into the play-offs in his first 2 seasons, in his 3rd he got promoted automatically to end Rochdale's 36 year stint in League 2.

All this about inexperience is bollocks. We have a manager with almost 20 years managerial experience yet relies on agents phoning him up to get players. :lol:
Duffman

Postby ezz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Funny people only mention the teams that get lucky from changing manager......nothing to be seen that the majority have no effect, if not worse than the previous manager.

But keep dreaming we'd be on of those lucky cases
Get over it ;)
ezz

Previous

Return to General Discussion