MFC BOARD..FTAO

MFC BOARD..FTAO

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Will sammy be offered a new contract as manager???

simple question?????????????????????????

ockers you have been unusually qt
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: MFC BOARD..FTAO

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 pm

If we carry on like this then the answer is 'no' however as long as it doesn't get to the situation that we are in serious danger of being relegated he wont be sacked before the end of the season.
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:51 pm

[quote="heysham_mfc"]If we carry on like this then the answer is 'no' however as long as it doesn't get to the situation that we are in serious danger of being relegated he wont be sacked before the end of the season.[/quote

no he wont but he wont be signed for the next season either,the guy will go
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 pm

I suspect that the Board will offer him a contract but he will not accept stating that a younger person is needed to take our club forward.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:22 pm

at this point in time sammy will not be offered anuther contract ;)
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 pm

When is his contract up? End of this season I take it.

He will not be sacked, but he won't be here next season.

It will be a strange feeling when we are playing against him in League 2 next year.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 pm

pm if u want ,im goind to bed knaak..d
shrimpnsave

Postby outsider » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:45 pm

He has another year left yet
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:15 am

Rolling one year contract?
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:37 am

for all we know Sammy might not want a new contract he might fancy a change and have something else up his sleeve his cv does look pretty good on paper

i cant see us getting John Colman plus he as just signed a 4yr contract what would mean we would have to buy that contract out but there's a lot of good managers out there its getting the right one i think Jimbo might just lack that experience needed it would be a gamble but he sure as hell would get 100% support from the fans all the way
Last edited by George Dawes on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Harry » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:39 am

Jimbo in
Harry

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 am

Harry wrote:Jimbo in

How many clubs gain success by promoting from within?

Jimbo would certainly bring the majority of fans together, but I'd hate for him to be a hero and then villain.

Ideally the position as Assistant Manager. Learning his craft from within under the guidance of an older head would suffice?

As for JC, it's obvious from the way he refers to us that he still has an affinity with our club. To date he always speaks highly of the place. Is he playing the diplomat knowing that eventually his time will come?

IF Peter McG wanted him......he'd get him!
Christies Child

Postby Harry » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 am

Christies Child wrote:

Jimbo would certainly bring the majority of fans together, but I'd hate for him to be a hero and then villain.

Ideally the position as Assistant Manager. Learning his craft from within under the guidance of an older head would suffice?

As for JC, it's obvious from the way he refers to us that he still has an affinity with our club. To date he always speaks highly of the place. Is he playing the diplomat knowing that eventually his time will come?

Liverpool in the 70s/80s, not to mention us over the past 20 years.

Jim Harvey started as player/manager and gained promotion. His then best mate Sammy (the only viable candidate at the time) took over and gained promotion. It's the obvious time for Jimbo to step up and lead us forward as an MFC hero starting his managerial career. As for John Coleman, he recently signed a 4 year contract at Accrington Stanley, where he has been longer than his time here.

Realistically, there are very few alternatives. It's alright banging on about NW-based managers who are out of work at the minute, but even if we could afford any of them, would they do a better job than Sammy is?
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am

when he leaves, his legacy will be league football, a nice stand/function suite, a piss poor apathetic towns fan base, more than we deserve really, and do not get me started on the christie sharks :evil:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Harry wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Jim Harvey started as player/manager and gained promotion. His then best mate Sammy (the only viable candidate at the time) took over and gained promotion. It's the obvious time for Jimbo to step up and lead us forward as an MFC hero starting his managerial career. As for John Coleman, he recently signed a 4 year contract at Accrington Stanley, where he has been longer than his time here.

Realistically, there are very few alternatives. It's alright banging on about NW-based managers who are out of work at the minute, but even if we could afford any of them, would they do a better job than Sammy is?

if the Accrington Stanley financial position is as parlous as reports suggest (late paying salaries etc) then an approach for Coley may well be successful. Lets hope he brings Jimmy Ryan with him if he comes :D :D
When interviewed on radio Coley always mentions how many friends he has in the Morecambe Boardroom.
Obviously Jimmy Bell would be Coleys assistant if the above comes to pass and Jimbo could continue his education watching coley and also managing the reserves until his time comes.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Harry wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Who knows, maybe this time next season we may well know ???????
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Going to have a poll on this on the Vital Morecambe website starting tommorow.
heysham_mfc

Postby MfcChris » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Eddie Howe. Bournemouth through and through.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:37 pm

MfcChris wrote:Eddie Howe. Bournemouth through and through.

Yeah through the M4 corridor and through the Midlands to Burnley! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:57 am

Eddie and jase are getting instant results at burnley despite their youth.
mrpotatohead

Postby Pobble » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:56 am

mrpotatohead wrote:when he leaves, his legacy will be league football, a nice stand/function suite, a piss poor apathetic towns fan base, more than we deserve really, and do not get me started on the christie sharks :evil:

I did`t realise he actually built the stand as well as walking on water.
Pobble

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 am

IF we suffer two defeats in our next two games and are in big trouble come 5pm on Sat I think it's time to give Jimbo a shot until the end of the season and use it as a trial to see if he can have it fulltime next season.

I know it's a big ask for him basically saying keep us up but I am sure he has enough about him to do it. I think he will install enough passion and fight in the team to get us over the line all be it a bit scrappy, but if we do it with relative ease then the job is his.

Maybe a bit of gamble but if by 5pm sat we are on the brink of the relegation zone it's got to be worth a shot.

Paul Peschisolido at Burton had no experience and is doing ok, Eddie Howe came into a team bottom of the league and turned it around, Karl Robinson at MK Dons is only 29!
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 am

are you a ladyboy pobble :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:00 am

P/T Indie wrote:IF we suffer two defeats in our next two games and are in big trouble come 5pm on Sat I think it's time to give Jimbo a shot until the end of the season and use it as a trial to see if he can have it fulltime next season.

I know it's a big ask for him basically saying keep us up but I am sure he has enough about him to do it. I think he will install enough passion and fight in the team to get us over the line all be it a bit scrappy, but if we do it with relative ease then the job is his.

Maybe a bit of gamble but if by 5pm sat we are on the brink of the relegation zone it's got to be worth a shot.

Paul Peschisolido at Burton had no experience and is doing ok, Eddie Howe came into a team bottom of the league and turned it around, Karl Robinson at MK Dons is only 29!

Can't see any precipitate action being taken by our board if we do achieve no points from The Cobblers or Oxford which on our and their current form is quite likely.

I am sure they will let him have the 2 matches against Macclesfield and if we are in the soft and smelly after those then I would expect an approach to be made to J C.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 pm

heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion