Team news for Lincoln

Team news for Lincoln

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:23 pm

OUT: Willow, Holdsworth and Shuker....IN Fleming (good), Spencer and Hunter (I think)

Willow became a father earlier this morning. Congrats to all.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Team news for Lincoln

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:34 pm

What's wrong with Holdsworth and Shuker?
Little Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Holdsworth ill and Shuker injured.

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/MatchRe ... 97,00.html

Sounds like -

Roche
Hunter Parrish Charnock Capaldi
Hurst Drummond Fleming Brown
Jevons Spencer
james456

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Surprised that Hunter's in and not McCreedy with Paz reverting back to F/B
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Christies Child wrote:Surprised that Hunter's in and not McCreedy with Paz reverting back to F/B

Well it would seem that Sammy wants to keep Parrish at centre back hardly surprising when you consider how well he has played and Hunter is used to the right back role so its a fair decision.
steve mfc

Postby james456 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:06 pm

3 changes made by necessity already - probably a good idea not to be changing the back line too much.
james456

Postby james456 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 pm

1 down
james456

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Seeing we cant score a lot of goals,is it game over :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:48 am

Apparently,yes
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 am

steve mfc wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Surprised that Hunter's in and not McCreedy with Paz reverting back to F/B

Well it would seem that Sammy wants to keep Parrish at centre back hardly surprising when you consider how well he has played and Hunter is used to the right back role so its a fair decision.

I'm surprised by the fact that people keep saying how good Parrish is. I admit I haven't been to as many games now I am in the North East, but every game I've been to, he seems nervous about his ability and, at times, has pulled out of challenges and put our defence under pressure. It might just be a coincidence, but when I watched the highlights last night, he was at fault for both goals. The worse one being when he made a mistake and then tried to use Charnock to thrust himself at the ball but ended up just pulling Charnock out of the way and to the floor!

I think he has the potential to be a very good defender, but needs to cut out the silly errors. Easier said than done, I suppose. :roll:
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:36 pm

You've just been unfortunate, mate.

Pazza has been superb this season, snuffing out nearly everything that has come his way. Some tackles have had us putting our hands over our eyes in anticipation of a certain penalty because we thought there was no way he could make a clean tackle inside the box. Then he's won the ball, left the defender on his backside and come away with it to set up a forward move.

He's (99% of the time) a great 'anticipater', making a timely challenge either with his head or on the deck - but also making sure he's in a position to control the ball and do something useful with it once the tackle is completed.

No-one goes through a season with NO mistakes but I can only assume you've seen ALL the ones Parrish had made (countable on one hand).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Ntini » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 pm

shrimper wrote:You've just been unfortunate, mate.

Pazza has been superb this season, snuffing out nearly everything that has come his way. Some tackles have had us putting our hands over our eyes in anticipation of a certain penalty because we thought there was no way he could make a clean tackle inside the box. Then he's won the ball, left the defender on his backside and come away with it to set up a forward move.

He's (99% of the time) a great 'anticipater', making a timely challenge either with his head or on the deck - but also making sure he's in a position to control the ball and do something useful with it once the tackle is completed.

No-one goes through a season with NO mistakes but I can only assume you've seen ALL the ones Parrish had made (countable on one hand).

In which case I stand corrected! I guess it's one of those things that when you notice something, then you keep looking out for it.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Aye, I know what you mean. And, of course, we all see things differently game to game...
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion