Well Its Time For. a Rant

Re: Well Its Time For. a Rant

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Why is it that we always seem to struggle against the teams in the bottom half that we really should be beating yet we have got results against teams like Port Vale and Shrewsbury?
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:51 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Why is it that we always seem to struggle against the teams in the bottom half that we really should be beating yet we have got results against teams like Port Vale and Shrewsbury?

Typical Morecambe that mate. Always has been.

Even back to our NPL days when we were struggling we would be world beaters against the top teams but utter gash against the "lower" placed clubs.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Marky no 1 fan show your face on Tuesday night. Wanna put a face to a name :lol:

We need to win our home games!!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:35 pm

I have always backed sammy since he started here, but now I think I have finally changed my mind. Let's face it he had sold our best player ( duffy), fair enough but bloody get a replacement for him :roll: Craig stanley some say our best midfielder he gives away to a fellow league 2 club. And don't even get my started in the striker situation that is absolutely ridiculous !!! Jevons no pace mullin no pace spencer no pace. I think if sammy does go at the end of the season I would LOVE John Coleman as manager. Then maybe he would get some pacy strikers and midfielders. If u did go to stanley away you would have seen the huge differnce in pace with players like jimmy Ryan,Raymond putterill and Terry gornell . Rant over :) come on morecambe
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 pm

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:Let's face it he had sold our best player ( duffy), fair enough but bloody get a replacement for him :roll:

We did we got the best replacement we could. Till next season's window. :?

Jevons never looks interested or gives the effort required. We desperatley need a striker. Our top scores have 6 and 5.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby BLS BOY » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 am

Loglayer wrote:I went wish I hadn't bothered, same old crap. Why is it that we dont start playing until the game is lost.
1st half we looked not interested at all, clueless.
2nd half improved had a few chances, but the game was over at half time.
Was down to go to Chesterfield and Macclesfield but not going to bother now.

Clearly then it is your money and what you do with it is your choice, however do you not think the team could do with all the support they can get at the moment?

For the last 15 seasons, probably bar 1 (the topsy-turvey 00/01 campaign where we reached fa cup heights but fluffed up at the end of the season and came close to the drop) all of us have been used to moderate, if not, glorious SUCCESS. Now, because, for once, we find ourselves in a spot of bother, people are now no longer interested in going to games. Bollocks to entertainment...football is about passion, desire, emotion, something the working man/woman and his/her family can escape to after a rigourous working week...to vent some testosterone out of our system each game, to prove we love the club, to show the board, the team, the manager that we do give a monkeys (which i'm sure they know!). Morecambe Football Clubs players at the moment CANNOT afford to provide "entertainment"...they have to show some character, some bottle, some commitment. If not for us, then at least to those who employ them.

We are all dissapointed by the performances of this campaign but its not as if we haven't been here before...needing every man and jack to pull together and not slag off one-another or worse still, stop going "because we are crap"...what a load of rubbish...This is where the REAL supporters stand out, compared to those "hoo-ray-henry glory fans that 99% of teams have.

Keep the Faith.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby PottedShrimp » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 am

MfcChris wrote:Match report from here at lincoln:

Utter absolute shite.

Not wrong, you know....
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:15 am

MfcChris wrote:Marky no 1 fan show your face on Tuesday night. Wanna put a face to a name :lol:
!

Well if you ain't seen my face or the back of my head you ain't trying! Looking forward to our stand off on Tuesday ;) As there will probably only be 21 of us there being a record compared to the Grimsby 23 I shall look forward to it.

It was sad today seeing mates, friends and fellow supporters being so down. Some that have followed for many a year are ready to give up :( :( :( :( :(

What's going wrong?

Still in Lincoln anyway. Had a fun night but don't like being taken the p*** out of for the full duration.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:25 pm

MfcChris wrote:Marky no 1 fan show your face on Tuesday night. Wanna put a face to a name :lol:

Never buy a program then?
morecambe mick

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:12 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

Should that not be programme Mick?
Sammy h

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:22 pm

We need players who are passionate about playing for Morecambe FC. Where are we going to get them from?

Oh, how about locally from a well run, progressive youth academy? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Joel Ninety

Postby Posh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:We need players who are passionate about playing for Morecambe FC. Where are we going to get them from?

Oh, how about locally from a well run, progressive youth academy? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Well said. It's fair to ask fans to get behind the players, the manager and the team. Yet it'll be the hardcore of us that do. There are many others that come along to be entertained, to see commitment and passion, and also to back their own team. All that is sadly lacking. Personally I enjoyed watching a team that got us up to the League that consisted of players like Carlton, Perkins, Thompson, Curtis, Hunter, Drummond and others who were local lads who came through the youth system because they were our lads and because we were all they knew they cared passionately too. Add to that remarkable players Jimbo - two clubs in 11 years, no agent and a rare loyalty and passion, and you can make a great side. I want Shrimps to play for Morecambe not journeymen. Yet our manager deeply believes in the experienced pro - they only work though if you find players who give their all rather than pick up the catalogue.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 pm

What a shame it would be if our first season at a new ground heralds the return to non-league.
Don't think it can't happen. :(
More than ever, we need the pride and passion of Hunter, Drummond and Bentley and also the fans to pull together.We've been waiting for our usual rise up the table in the second half of the season, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen this season, and I would settle for 22nd place right now, and survival......just.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:36 pm

BLS BOY wrote:Clearly then it is your money and what you do with it is your choice, however do you not think the team could do with all the support they can get at the moment?

For the last 15 seasons, probably bar 1 (the topsy-turvey 00/01 campaign where we reached fa cup heights but fluffed up at the end of the season and came close to the drop) all of us have been used to moderate, if not, glorious SUCCESS. Now, because, for once, we find ourselves in a spot of bother, people are now no longer interested in going to games. Bollocks to entertainment...football is about passion, desire, emotion, something the working man/woman and his/her family can escape to after a rigourous working week...to vent some testosterone out of our system each game, to prove we love the club, to show the board, the team, the manager that we do give a monkeys (which i'm sure they know!). Morecambe Football Clubs players at the moment CANNOT afford to provide "entertainment"...they have to show some character, some bottle, some commitment. If not for us, then at least to those who employ them.

We are all dissapointed by the performances of this campaign but its not as if we haven't been here before...needing every man and jack to pull together and not slag off one-another or worse still, stop going "because we are crap"...what a load of rubbish...This is where the REAL supporters stand out, compared to those "hoo-ray-henry glory fans that 99% of teams have.

Keep the Faith.

Couldn't the club put on a few coaches to ship fans to away games for free? It must be disheartening to only find a handful of fans going to away games.

I have another 4 away games pencilled in and wish it could be more, it seems to me that the team need every scrap of encouragement we can give them. It is downright painful to experience this frustration, I can't imagine how it must be for the management and players.
Caged Lion

Postby MfcChris » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:24 pm

BLS BOY wrote:Clearly then it is your money and what you do with it is your choice, however do you not think the team could do with all the support they can get at the moment?

Keep the Faith.

Well said. I will always keep going got no choice. Lifetime season ticket 8-)

morecambe mick wrote:

No only the first and last game.

PS: Keith I don't think we are in a relegation battle. We have practically comfortably been 17th-19th 8-)
MfcChris

Previous

Return to General Discussion