after another first class show by andy parrish
when is his contract up??
we really need to keep him
and build for the future around him

:D
forkyphil

Re: when will it end

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Parrish was absoloute rubbish on Tuesday! I think you must be thinking about games earlier this season. But I do agree we really need to keep him.
Little Shrimp

Postby DTSJim » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Parrish was absoloute rubbish on Tuesday! I think you must be thinking about games earlier this season. But I do agree we really need to keep him.

He got man of the match didn't he? I thought he thoroughly deserved it after another assured performance. Plus he's the only centre back we have who has a bit of pace, and youth!
DTSJim

Postby shrimper » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Parrish has never been rubbish. I'd make him captain next season, nowt against Big Baz I just don't like keepers as skippers.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Parrish?? Man of the match??? Rubbish???? It must have been way past your bedtime LS, I thought Parrish had yet another great performance in a red shirt. His shot from 25 yards that missed by an inch showed me another part of his game. First name on the teamsheet, you'd have to live in Blandon-on-Tyne and/or not watch any games to think otherwise.

If Mr. Plates thinks we are signing Hendrie on a 5 year deal Parrish must be worth at least a 50 year contract, especially if you apportioned his worth to the team.

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF PARRISH-ES, A TEAM OF PARRISH-ES, A TEAM OF PARRISH-ES!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:36 pm

DTSJim wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Parrish was absoloute rubbish on Tuesday! I think you must be thinking about games earlier this season. But I do agree we really need to keep him.

He got man of the match didn't he? I thought he thoroughly deserved it after another assured performance. Plus he's the only centre back we have who has a bit of pace, and youth!

to be honest he did have a shaky start to the first half SM & ML went mental at both him and Charnock for not talking to each other and then Parrish went on and had a great game
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Not saying that he's always rubbish! Players always have a few games when they're a bit crap.
Little Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm sure I read you saying he played badly in the previous game too...both statements as ludicrous as the other. He was my MOTM for both games and is in outstanding form.

That said, I'm not sure he is a leader, certainly not on the same scale as Jimbo, but who is? nobody!
Morecambe Jack

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 pm

This must be the most ludacris statement I've ever read on here.
morecambe mick

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:35 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

This must be the most ludacris statement I've ever read on here.

I quite like (Ludacris) as well :lol: :lol: rap on :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 pm

So much for spellcheck!!

(c)rap like your statement.
morecambe mick

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 pm

morecambe mick wrote:So much for spellcheck!!

(c)rap like your statement.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Just cos a player has been fantastic all season doesn't mean they can't have a bad game! Grow up and face some facts :x !
Little Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Just cos a player has been fantastic all season doesn't mean they can't have a bad game! Grow up and face some facts :x !

He played very well!! I think your deluded or just maybe you did not watch the game?? :evil:
thegentlegiant

Postby marky » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Parrish?? Man of the match??? Rubbish???? It must have been way past your bedtime LS, I thought Parrish had yet another great performance in a red shirt. His shot from 25 yards that missed by an inch showed me another part of his game. First name on the teamsheet, you'd have to live in Blandon-on-Tyne and/or not watch any games to think otherwise.

If Mr. Plates thinks we are signing Hendrie on a 5 year deal Parrish must be worth at least a 50 year contract, especially if you apportioned his worth to the team.

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF PARRISH-ES, A TEAM OF PARRISH-ES, A TEAM OF PARRISH-ES!!!

Not discounting yet another barely disguised dig at me, itself rather odd given I've been a massive supporter of Andy Parrish for the last 18 months, I actually agree with you that he is the first name on the teamsheet. He's easily the best defender at the club and, now Duffy has departed, probably our most valuable asset. Perhaps Little Shrimp is going through the "teenage change".
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 pm

It actually wasn't this time Marky, if it was then rest assured pissing people off with my forthright views would have come into it!

I was picking up on a ridiculous comment that another North East know-it-all trotted out a few weeks ago (must be something in the water up there, apart from gazza's piss); He feared that Sammy would be dropping Parrish....based on what nobody knows?!?

Time to lay of Little Shrimp, he is only a nipper but usually posts more sense than most others on here....myself included!
RedRedWine1

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:28 pm

RedRedWine wrote:It actually wasn't this time Marky, if it was then rest assured pissing people off with my forthright views would have come into it!

Generally I hope? :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Martin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Parrish was absoloute rubbish on Tuesday! I think you must be thinking about games earlier this season.

You're so wrong!
Martin

Postby Sammy h » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 pm

He had an average game, shaky at the start, but got back into it and was solid in the end. You can tell people have their favourite players on here and say they have a great game every week. It isn't always the case unless your name is Barry Roche (apart from Dagenham :lol: )
Sammy h

Postby marky » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:21 am

Sammy h wrote:You can tell people have their favourite players on here and say they have a great game every week. It isn't always the case unless your name is Barry Roche (apart from Dagenham :lol: )

You mean like you and Craig Stanley? ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Sammy h » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:57 am

marky wrote:
Sammy h wrote:You can tell people have their favourite players on here and say they have a great game every week. It isn't always the case unless your name is Barry Roche (apart from Dagenham :lol: )

You mean like you and Craig Stanley? ;)

Who?

I still believe he should he here, clearly something has gone on, Mcilroy is an idiot end of. Scott Brown has filled his boots quite well IMO.

john Norman is shocking. Bore off Marky zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sammy h

Postby MfcChris » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Never seen him have a bad game. We say 3/4/5 times a game how amazing Parrish is when he does something good.

Everytime Capaldi gets done on the inside, between him and Charnock (about 5 times a game), I get nervous. Never when somebody is running at Parrish.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:33 pm

For god's sake! This is a bloody football forum. If you can't express an opinion without getting an onslaught what's the point!?
Little Shrimp

Postby The Red Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Because your opinion is utter bollocks and you are rightly being put in your place regarding this matter.

If you're going to come out with such bilge then expect to shot down in flames.

Some of the crap on this forum recently is unreal. The programme editor slagging off supporters at every given opportunity, a true legend in John Norman having his name dragged through the mud and now Andy Parrish being slated.
The Red Knight

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Said he played rubbish ONE game! Not all season!
The Red Knight wrote:Because your opinion is utter bollocks and you are rightly being put in your place regarding this matter.

If you're going to come out with such bilge then expect to shot down in flames.

Some of the crap on this forum recently is unreal. The programme editor slagging off supporters at every given opportunity, a true legend in John Norman having his name dragged through the mud and now Andy Parrish being slated.

He didn't win headers, was a biti weak in the challenge and he looked shaky overall. There, I have backed up my opinion.
Little Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion