Loan market

Loan market

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 pm

The loan window opens again tomorrow? Sammy is quoted as saying he is interested in a couple once the window opens having missed out on Wroe.
Do you think we'll see some movement in the loan market as it seems to be the way forward at the moment as it works for other clubs?
nobbyshrimp

Re: Loan market

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Sammy did state that he would be looking into it. Personally with the squad we have, the only addition for me would be a goalscorer 8-)

With the games coming up and on heavy pitches it will be interesting to see if Jev continues to play to get match fitness or will he feel more knackered? Mullin could well come back in to share the workload, but doing that would upset the play I.M.O.

Noticed D.C. was taking in the game on Saturday so maybe he's already signed on for a couple of hours a week :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby MfcChris » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:29 pm

DC is training with us, don't you read our official site :D

Plus who is going to lend us a proven goalscorer?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 pm

MfcChris wrote:DC is training with us, don't you read our official site :D

Yes.

Training with us does not include coming to the games to watch us on a Saturday afternoon though. In case you are a bit slow yourself, the comment was tongue in cheek with a ( :lol: ) after it. Don't you read this message board :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby MfcChris » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Touché
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:28 pm

MfcChris wrote:DC is training with us, don't you read our official site :D

Well Torquay didn't do too bad in a part exchange for Wroe (who was coming to us) when they took Robinson on board with 10 goals in 25 appearances, although i agree proven strikers are few and far between + Robinson was a big earner with Salop.
nobbyshrimp

Postby jmatkinson » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:10 pm

I have a bad feeling Sammy will loan Stanners out to Torquay for the remainder of the season, as they will undoubtedly want him, as do we.
jmatkinson

Postby Morectalk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Generally a shame that we have to keep going for loan players all the time. I know it is the only viable way for a club like ours to do business, but IMO loan players are only out for no.1 and don't really have the clubs interests at heart.
Morectalk

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Morectalk wrote:Generally a shame that we have to keep going for loan players all the time. I know it is the only viable way for a club like ours to do business, but IMO loan players are only out for no.1 and don't really have the clubs interests at heart.

Totally agree. Its a shame really, as i believe the funds are there but it all depends on how ambitious the board are.
chrise27007mk2

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

Sammy could always ask Paul Dickov for a favour and get a bang out of form striker that turns into Shearer the moment they go out on loan.
Deane Smalley at Chesterfield would of been a great loan for MFC but there's others the same not getting a run out that would fit the bill.
HALMA 1983

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Morectalk wrote:Generally a shame that we have to keep going for loan players all the time. I know it is the only viable way for a club like ours to do business, but IMO loan players are only out for no.1 and don't really have the clubs interests at heart.

Aye... but to look at it another way, if a player IS like that by nature, it's better to only have them on loan than, say, signed on a two-year contract being paid a decent amount of money and THEN showing that lack of commitment to the cause.

And even if they ARE only out for themselves, they're only going to a) get into their parent club's first 11 or b) get a move to a bigger club than ours by playing well while they're out on loan.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby MfcChris » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:32 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:

Totally agree. Its a shame really, as i believe the funds are there but it all depends on how ambitious the board are.

Why do you believe the funds are there? I can't see how we even break even. Our squad is way too big and our attendances are too poor. Of course there is other income, but say £20k a game. I bet a lot of players are on more than £1k a week, then there is staff. Would love a copy of the accounts.
MfcChris

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 pm

MfcChris wrote:
chrise27007mk2 wrote:

Why do you believe the funds are there? I can't see how we even break even. Our squad is way too big and our attendances are too poor. Of course there is other income, but say £20k a game. I bet a lot of players are on more than £1k a week, then there is staff. Would love a copy of the accounts.

You can order a copy of the accounts from Companies House ,Crown Way ,Cardiff for around £3.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Ntini » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:29 pm

MfcChris wrote:Would love a copy of the accounts.

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:You can order a copy of the accounts from Companies House ,Crown Way ,Cardiff for around £3.

You can use Companies House WebCHeck

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/a62bc95094c70d667366c4e29d17c41f/wcprodorder?ft=1

The most recent accounts cover up until 03/05/2009, so the information wouldn't include most of the current squad or the new stadium income. The cost of the document is £1.00
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion