has sammy lost the plot part 2

Re: has sammy lost the plot part 2

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:13 pm

thought Sammy was spot on yesterday i don't think there was anything more he could have done

he played his best 11 available.

and his subs made sense for a change.
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:34 pm

DawZi wrote:thought Sammy was spot on yesterday i don't think there was anything more he could have done

if his best 11 had included his best midfielder who was plying his trade at Torquay then we would have taken 3 points IMHO
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm

outsider wrote:
"this is the best squad i've had here" as sammy said once

Sammy also said this on Football League Weekend on Friday during an interview

I would say it is the strongest in terms of depth but not necessarily regarding the starting eleven.
steve mfc

Postby Morectalk » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Made me laugh in the last 5 minutes that Baz was lumping big ones up front to Suker !! :lol:
Morectalk

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Yesterday's performance was more like it for me. Sammy put out a balanced team and whilst the new lads weren't the stars of the show (I thought Parrish & Roche took those accolades) the right back showed he can play comfortably in that role and Hirst played intelligent football.

Hirst is confident enough to keep hold of the ball and draw the opposition toward him and out of position before releasing the ball. Jevons also controls the ball before using it whereas most of our players take the ball to the opposition which allows them to see us playing in front of them and make adjustments.

It was good to see Drummond getting into the box too, perhaps that was due to Brown playing like a whirlwind right across the midfield. Apart from the freekick department, I don't think we missed Stanley at all.

Capaldi...well. Hat's off to him and Sammy for persevering.

Sammy's interview on Football League Weekend was good too, he sounded positive and full of life. We are going to be just fine.

A word for the singers behind the goal...you were excellent considering how few turned up.
Caged Lion

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Lost the plot? Rubbish. Sad to see that the ''Ohhhh sammy sammy'' chant is getting quieter by the week. The news of the gobshite abusing Sammy after the accy game sickens me. We drew 1-1 and should of won the game, what more does this fan want. It seems to me people are just jumping on the 'Sammy Out' bandwagon at every oppurtunity they get without looking into the situation in depth. Its a joke! We arn't doing that bad.

In Sammy we trust.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:30 pm

DawZi wrote:thought Sammy was spot on yesterday i don't think there was anything more he could have done

I agree apart from one, do you really consider Drummond as one of our best 11?
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 am

Sammy h wrote:

I agree apart from one, do you really consider Drummond as one of our best 11?

available Drummond was(Stanley is another matter)although i like Fleming he looks dangerous going forward and shoots on sight like Brown but both of them compered to Drummond don't inspire me with the defensive duty's where Drummond as experience

and Hunter is to small to play central midfield although you have to admire his commitment he spends to much time on the floor
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:53 am

I've been critical of drummond over the last few weeks but I actually think he has played well over the last two games.

Heysham_shrimp you really need to get over stanley leaving. We definitely did not miss him in either of the last two games.

I'm glad to see there is a bit of sense being posted on here to drown out the rubbish by the same people week in week out.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:I've been critical of drummond over the last few weeks but I actually think he has played well over the last two games.

Heysham_shrimp you really need to get over stanley leaving. We definitely did not miss him in either of the last two games.

I'm glad to see there is a bit of sense being posted on here to drown out the rubbish by the same people week in week out.

I'm entitled to my view as a fan and member of this forum.

IMHO Stanley was/is our best box to box midfielder. Also the best deliverer of a dead ball at the club.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Drummond is playing a lot better without Stanley there and is getting forward more hence his well headed goal on saturday
parkyboy

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:I've been critical of drummond over the last few weeks but I actually think he has played well over the last two games.

IMHO Stanley was/is our best box to box midfielder. Also the best deliverer of a dead ball at the club.

...and I am entitled to mine as a fan and member of this forum. My view is that we haven't missed him at all, particularly in his recent form before he left where even his "speciality" of freekicks and corners were poor.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Pobble » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Everybody is so quick to blame the management. Somebody tell me what this "plot loss" actually is. What is the "plot"????? :?

In Sammy we trust. :ugeek:

.Hi Bare Ben, this is your best friend Pobble, is " plot " a big word for you ?
Love and Kisses.
[/b]
Pobble

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

...and I am entitled to mine as a fan and member of this forum. My view is that we haven't missed him at all, particularly in his recent form before he left where even his "speciality" of freekicks and corners were poor.

We will have to disagree there. IMHO letting our best midfielder go and boost a rival club is a poor move.

If we achieve say 12 points from the 8 games this month then maybe Stanners exile will be permanent.

If as I fear it is more like 6 or 7 points then I hope Sammy recalls Stanners to save us like he has done before !
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Pobble wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Everybody is so quick to blame the management. Somebody tell me what this "plot loss" actually is. What is the "plot"????? :?

Love and Kisses.
[/b]

POBBLE, REVEAL YOURSELF!
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Pobble wrote:

Love and Kisses.
[/b]

No no, not at all. I could come find you and explain it if you want??????????
Bare Ben

Previous

Return to General Discussion