has sammy lost the plot part 2

has sammy lost the plot part 2

Postby glagys » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:37 pm

words fail me !!!

jevons who did nothing all game

and

spencer who was livley and dangerous and the defenders could'nt handle him

so what does sammy do take off spencer and keeps his love child ( jevons) on
i suppose sammy will say " well the lad run his sock soff and the heavy going of the pitch etc etc "

really think we need a new leader at the helm as this was another poor performance as the crowd will tell you 1691 ish we cannot afford to run a club on these dwindling crowds and with these dire performances the crowds will getting less and less

apart from that they were poor and we should be taking teams like that apart if
"this is the best squad i've had here" as sammy said once
another must win game on tuesday and if we dont win that one then the crowd will be down by another one for the oxford game and the rest of this season.
as i would find something better to do with my saturdays but it will not be the other side of the lune
glagys

Re: has sammy lost the plot part 2

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:42 pm

amazed to see Hunter sent on when we needed to score again for a win.

a Stanners with a point to prove would have been the ideal substitute.

impressed by the 2 new players but we need a striker.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby outsider » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:amazed to see Hunter sent on when we needed to score again for a win.

Shocked at YOU, having a go at Hunter again :o
Bet you been gutted while he's been out injured not being able to have your daily moan.

Grow up its boring!
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:05 pm

outsider wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:amazed to see Hunter sent on when we needed to score again for a win.

Shocked at YOU, having a go at Hunter again :o
Bet you been gutted while he's been out injured not being able to have your daily moan.

Grow up its boring!

its a fans forum. people have personal opinions about players which other people dont agree with.

my opinion is if we had Stanners to come on today I think our chances of winning would be enhanced.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:12 pm

glagys wrote:jevons who did nothing all game

you're havin a laugh

glagys wrote:apart from that they were poor and we should be taking teams like that apart if "this is the best squad i've had here" as sammy said once

you're havin a laugh

glagys wrote:another must win game on tuesday and if we dont win that one then the crowd will be down by another one for the oxford game and the rest of this season.

Here's hoping
broadwayshrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Jevons summed it up when he kicked the ball out of play instead of giving it back to the keeper.

Toys out of the pram.
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:23 pm

bazza must have a very full fridge, he must have requested not to be available for mom selection as they have too much champagne.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby glagys » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:28 pm

broadwayshrimp
enlighten me what did jevo do then
more that spencer today

i was only quoting what sammy sad in august not avin a laugh

and the fact that you ( i assume u mean me ) in " here;s hoping" i wont be attend
sounds like you want the team to fail and the crowds to dwindle or perhaps,
your like sammy and cannot take criticsim so you want me, someone who speaks there mind shipped out LOL
glagys

Postby outsider » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:40 pm

"this is the best squad i've had here" as sammy said once

Sammy also said this on Football League Weekend on Friday during an interview
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm

glagys wrote:broadwayshrimp
enlighten me what did jevo do then
more that spencer today

i was only quoting what sammy sad in august not avin a laugh

and the fact that you ( i assume u mean me ) in " here;s hoping" i wont be attend
sounds like you want the team to fail and the crowds to dwindle or perhaps,
your like sammy and cannot take criticsim so you want me, someone who speaks there mind shipped out LOL

IMO, and its all about opinions, I reckon Jevons did as much as Spencer out there today.

I didn't think Cheltenham were a particularly poor side and I disagree when you say we should be taking teams like that apart. Yes Sammy did say this is the best squad he has had at Morecambe but maybe quite a few teams improved their squads this year.

I don't want the team to fail and wished crowds were bigger. Unlike you I am prepared to support the team through thick and thin.
broadwayshrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Cheltenham were good and had 14 shots and are a better side than us. Stop thinking we can beat everybody. Everybody can beat us.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 pm

MfcChris wrote:Cheltenham were good and had 14 shots and are a better side than us. Stop thinking we can beat everybody. Everybody can beat us.

How about stockport???
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Whilst i still support Sammy and don't want him to leave, I think his time is coming to an end. Even though he's been one of our greatest managers it looks like he's lost the desire he used to have. I think it'd be smart for the board to start looking for a replacement and accept Sammy's previous offer to leave, but at the end of this current season.
I want him to be here for the rest of the season but after that it looks like a fresh face needs to come in and take the reigns just as he did from Jim Harvey who again was a very good manager for us.
These things happen, change at the rigth time could be good.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:13 pm

I think we have the best management team a club like us can afford, we are safe but not threatening as the bottom 3 are dire, so maybe close season SM and co will move on, a zero transfer kitty year after year because the town do not support the team is crap.

has anyone on here got a 7 inch single record by siouxxie and the banshees, throwing things in the dark :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Bryan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:28 pm

I honestly thought it was a decent match to watch. Chelteneham got it on the deck and played well. This was a decent point in the end. But agree that the lack of cutting edge up front is worrying. Need more bite in central midfield too. See what happens on Tuesday. If that goes tits up then Sammy will be under pressure.
Bryan

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 am

Bryan wrote:I honestly thought it was a decent match to watch. Cheltenham got it on the deck and played well. This was a decent point in the end. But agree that the lack of cutting edge up front is worrying. Need more bite in central midfield too. See what happens on Tuesday. If that goes tits up then Sammy will be under pressure.

Bryan do you not think that Hunter could give the bite required in midfield?
I know he's just coming back from injury, but when fully fit can do a job for us there - just like Perkins could have given the chance, I believe.
I'm worried about the lack of goals generally through the team, but the emphasis must surely be with the strikers to get themselves into positions to be able to receive the ball, to at least take a shot :!:
morecambe mick

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:02 pm

I wouldn't say Sammy has lost the plot completely. It was a good idea to bring on Hunter but not for Hurst who played well. Also, I think he should of brought Jevons off for Shuker instead of Spencer. The thing I did think was barmy was when Wilson got taken off. I would of taken off Brown instead.
Little Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Bryan wrote:I honestly thought it was a decent match to watch. Chelteneham got it on the deck and played well. This was a decent point in the end. But agree that the lack of cutting edge up front is worrying. Need more bite in central midfield too. See what happens on Tuesday. If that goes tits up then Sammy will be under pressure.

I agree it was slightly better yesterday but it's still very uninspiring stuff.

If that's as good as it gets then it's going to be a very dull run in to the end of the season ,it's hardly going to get the crowds flocking back.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Bryan wrote:I honestly thought it was a decent match to watch. Cheltenham got it on the deck and played well. This was a decent point in the end. But agree that the lack of cutting edge up front is worrying. Need more bite in central midfield too. See what happens on Tuesday. If that goes tits up then Sammy will be under pressure.

Bryan do you not think that Hunter could give the bite required in midfield?
I know he's just coming back from injury, but when fully fit can do a job for us there - just like Perkins could have given the chance, I believe.
I'm worried about the lack of goals generally through the team, but the emphasis must surely be with the strikers to get themselves into positions to be able to receive the ball, to at least take a shot :!:

Fully agree with you their Mick, I think Hunter would give us a bit more bite in midfield, as for strikers getting into better positions for me this has been the issue all season. We all know Jevons can score but he seems to find himself on the wrong side of the ball, he needs to take a few more gambles when he is around the 6 yard box.

I also wish more players would have a crack from out side the box rather than constantly take on the defender and ultimately lose the ball.
thegentlegiant

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Wilson had just had some treatment on the pitch before he was subbed, so I presume he was given the chance to run it off but failed to, or they didn't want to risk making it worse. There are a lot of games coming up in short time.

Hurst also had slid into the boarding at our end of the pitch getting up fairly gingerly, just prior to being subbed. Both these substitutions I can understand perfectly.
morecambe mick

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Having criticised Sammy in the past for his famous late late substitutions, I think he got it spot on yesterday, correct subs and the right players coming off.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Harry » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 pm

ezz wrote:Whilst i still support Sammy and don't want him to leave, I think his time is coming to an end. Even though he's been one of our greatest managers it looks like he's lost the desire he used to have. I think it'd be smart for the board to start looking for a replacement and accept Sammy's previous offer to leave, but at the end of this current season.
I want him to be here for the rest of the season but after that it looks like a fresh face needs to come in and take the reigns just as he did from Jim Harvey who again was a very good manager for us.
These things happen, change at the rigth time could be good.

Agreed.
Harry

Postby MfcChris » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:The thing I did think was barmy was when Wilson got taken off. I would of taken off Brown instead.

Clearly he got injured in that dreadful tackle moments before. Don't think he ran it off and we didn't even get a free kick.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Everybody is so quick to blame the management. Somebody tell me what this "plot loss" actually is. What is the "plot"????? :?

In Sammy we trust. :ugeek:
Bare Ben

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Bare Ben wrote: Somebody tell me what this "plot loss" actually is. What is the "plot"????? :?

This one that was last seen in the North Cheshire area might have something to do with it
plot.jpg

Come to think of it there was a muddy plot near the dugouts. You can even see the skid marks Scott Brown left behind
dugout.jpg

Time for a bit of artificial stuff in that area me thinks
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion