# 27 Charnock
# 02 Holdsworth
# 16 Drummond
# 18 Hurst
# 26 Capaldi
# 29 Brown
# 10 Jevons
# 14 Spencer
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe v Cheltenham

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Very pleased :D
Now thats crack on with a win (november style ;) )
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Morecambe 1 Cheltenham 0 Drummie

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Drummie header from 12 yards after 58 minutes
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Cheltenham 1 Drummie

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:31 pm

1-1 :cry:

Equaliser directly from a needless free-kick. Against the run of play apparently.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Keith wrote:1-1 :cry:

Equaliser directly from a needless free-kick. Against the run of play apparently.

and a quality goal at that according to freez and ryan
ockers

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:42 pm

yup, sounds like it. Glen said it was a quality strike... "it would have to be to beat Barry Roche from that distance". We've picked up the pace, Come on Morecambe!!! last ten minutes.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Cheltenham 1 Drummie F/T

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Well it looks like Sammy has managed to suck the last ounce of soul out of the team. One shot on target all game! So dull to watch no wonder the crowds have dropped off...
Last edited by Old Man Kensey on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Probably a fair result. Charnock was chumping into challenges to early. Drummond deserved his MOTM. His header was class :D ! However he did conced the free kick that led to their goal. I think the wall was at fault from their goal.
Little Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Fair result. Came away pretty content and happy for a change. Usually angry on a saturday! Sammy did all the right subs. Roll on a good win on Tuesday night.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:22 pm

no complaints from me we had a fair go thought we was bit unlucky not to take all 3-points today

although id like to see Fleming in the team on tuesday night probably for Brown
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:24 pm

I am a big drummers fan, but i thought baz deserved mom by a country mile, i also thought wilson had acres of space a lot of times today and recieved not enough sideways passes.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:29 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I am a big drummers fan, but i thought baz deserved mom by a country mile, i also thought wilson had acres of space a lot of times today and recieved not enough sideways passes.

stanners back then :?: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:30 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I am a big drummers fan, but i thought baz deserved mom by a country mile, i also thought wilson had acres of space a lot of times today and recieved not enough sideways passes.

Think Parrish should get it every game tbh. Leader.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Don't understand how Mark Yates thinks they should have been 'convincingly out of sight'. Thought it was fair and so did BBC.

Possession
* Morecambe 50%
* Cheltenham 50%
Attempts on target
* Morecambe 1
* Cheltenham 1
Attempts off target
* Morecambe 13
* Cheltenham 13
Corners
* Morecambe 5
* Cheltenham 5
MfcChris

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 pm

parrish was very good today, new lads looked good as did capaldi, but the striker and midfield general positions are not in our squad.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm

I thought Parrish played badly today. I just thought he under-performed a bit. I thought Brown played well today but I probably would play Fleming on Tuesday. I would also play McCready instead of Charnock.
Little Shrimp

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Same 11 to start on Tues. We created more chances than any other game this season, and there were numerous good crosses into the box but no one on the end of em. If we continue to create chances, goals and points will follow. No hoof ball today and it was far more entertaining.
Roll on Tuesday
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Bryan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Thought both teams tried to play decent football. Didn't think it was a bad game. Roache pulled off some fine saves and was my man of the match. Didn't get the subbing of Hurst late on in the game. He was our biggest threat in creating a winner. Didn't seem that tired. Ref poor for me though. Let them get away with quite a lot. Agree though that there is a certain spark missing this season going forward. Surely just a case of preserving League staus now.
Bryan

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 pm

there is some real tosh written on here, wonder if at same game, they were a good side trying to play it on the deck and but for 2 superb saves from rochey with his legs from smichel we would have been 2 down at half time. After half time raised our ga\me and went deservedly ahead, thought we would then go on and win it. Referee today was very poor giving a stack of decisions to Cheltenham and very little to us
I think we will hold our own this season without any great shakes. There have been too many moves over the summer with a lot of new lads who take time to gel, so far there has hardly been the same team for 2 games in a row
This squad is probably better on paper but there does not seem to be the same team spirit as last year, I also suspect the new ground has raised everyone’s expectations too much,
scalehallshrimp

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 am

Robbed in sunny Morecambe again....I bet you were praying for fog most of the game : totally outclassed :lol: ;)
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby shrimper » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am

Maybe I'm just too easily pleased but I thought it was a cracking game, with two sides looking to play attacking football whenever they got possession.
Fair result with either side close to taking all the points.
Like the look of the two new boys but Brown, Roche or even Capaldi could have got MoM for us. Charnock was good enough. Had a good chance in the first half and made some good saving tackles in second half. Parrish was tidy as well.
Spencer worked hard and played well, Jevons less so but always looked capable, as he did Tuesday, of nabbing a goal with a bit of striker instinct.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:23 am

Very average game tbh, thought Cheltenham shouldve been down to 10 men early after the lunge at wilson, totally over the top ref bottled it! Linesmen incapable of seeing foul throws when the player is standing a foot on the pitch the officials were dire as usual! Cant wait for the season to finish really so we can start from scratch on and off the pitch. Will still be getting soaked on the terrace til the end though!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby steve mfc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:03 pm

It seemed to me to be a game between two evenly matched sides with a similar style of play and a draw was a fair result. The game for me summed up this season in league two, most of the teams are of a fairly even standard which results in a lot of tight games.

We didn't really play with the same level of intensity as we did against Accy, a fair performance though. Still think we need some pace up front though somebody who would offer something different to what we have at the moment, as it stands the subs don't really enable us to change our game play, ( get Rogan on ) if you know what i mean.

Just a thought on Hurst he appears to be a player who wants to play positive forward passes, possibly worth playing him behind the main striker.
steve mfc

Postby Sammy h » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 pm

IMO it was a good game of football, Cheltenham played some really neat stuff and tried to play the beautiful game the way it should be played.

Their winger got in behind Capaldi far too many times, leaving Charnock or Roche to cover, which they both did very well.

MOM for me is Roche or Brown, Roche should get it every week the amount of times he saves us. I thought Brown was brilliant, always looking for the ball and always getting stuck in. Imagine him and Stanley in the middle together?

Jevons looked very frustrated, he did try, but doesn't look like the Jevons I am used to. Same team for me Tuesday night minus Drummond, I would even try Hunter in there.

A solid performance and we were unlucky not to win, although a draw is a fair result.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion