What sort of club has Stanners gone to !

What sort of club has Stanners gone to !

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 pm

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 00,00.html

come home Stanners when your 28 days punishment have been served :shock: :shock: :shock:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: What sort of club has Stanners gone to !

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/0,,10445~2283300,00.html

come home Stanners when your 28 days punishment have been served :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sounds as though he had a mixed reception from their fans.

'Played it sideways and backwards'.......Familiar :?: :?: :?:

'Plenty of energy, but appeared not to know what to do with the ball when he got it'....... :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Sounds to me like they've figured out after 1 game what Stanners is all about. Some Morecambe are still scatching their heads after 5 seasons. Sideways Stanley, Stanley sideways!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Thats why teams have wingers....................................you pass it to them and they run with it. They play on the wings of the pitch so to get the ball to them, you have to play it sideways!
Little Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:15 am

As well as losing their game against Hereford, they could well be docked 3 points:

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/footbal ... ticle.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Posh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm

I think Stanners is a great bloke and highly committed to the team. However a couple of seasons we were all urging him to pass the ball forward, attack the box and be more than just a strong dead ball man. I think we've gone back to that again this season. Loaning Craig out may not be a bad thing. The fear from many I've spoken too is that too often the player that follows isn't as good as the player that's left. Let's hope we can move forward and when Stanners returns he's got a big fight on his hands to get his place back.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Posh wrote:I think Stanners is a great bloke and highly committed to the team. However a couple of seasons we were all urging him to pass the ball forward, attack the box and be more than just a strong dead ball man. I think we've gone back to that again this season. Loaning Craig out may not be a bad thing. The fear from many I've spoken too is that too often the player that follows isn't as good as the player that's left. Let's hope we can move forward and when Stanners returns he's got a big fight on his hands to get his place back.

That's assuming that both parties want a return.

I can't see our manager going for that after the way he answered the question on the Bay. Saying effectively that Stanners wasn't doing the job he was supposed to do.

As for Stanners, may be thinking that he'd prefer to be where the manager wants him. After all they've been after him for some time now.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 am

If results in the 8 league matches in February turn out disapppointing then Stanners will return to the side. Sammy has left him out several times before and been forced to reinstate him due to the replacements not being up to it.
Can't see Stanners wanting to relocate to Devon as he has property in Lancaster.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 am

[quote="Heysham_Shrimp"]If results in the 8 league matches in February turn out disapppointing then Stanners will return to the side. Sammy has left him out several times before and been forced to reinstate him due to the replacements not being up to it.

Can't see that stopping him IF their manager shows that he's wanted there. Assuming that he's no longer wanted by our manager.

Stanners has property on the Quay I understand which is a desirable area and I doubt he'd have much problem in either selling or renting which would be quite a lucrative alternative.
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Stanners doesnt have a property on the Quay.He has an apartment in the centre of lancaster.
mfcbro

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:58 pm

nah nah,he owns mcdonalds ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Enufznuf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 pm

You must be wrong mfcbro! CC knows everything. He heard it from someone who once had a request played on The Bay who are situated on the Quay. It must be right! :lol:
Enufznuf

Postby MfcChris » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:38 pm

It is still next to the quay near Sainsburys, overlooking the river. :roll:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Enufznuf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:18 am

MfcChris wrote:It is still next to the quay near Sainsburys, overlooking the river. :roll:

Is that on The Quay? Nope.

Bit like saying my B&B on Regent Rd near the Park Hotel is on the prom because i can see the sea if I stick my head out of the window! :roll:

:lol: :lol:
Enufznuf

Return to General Discussion