O/T - Wun Wabbit Wun

O/T - Wun Wabbit Wun

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Happy Chinese New Year.
Year of the Wabbit.
Lucky year for me, found a tenner on the pavement an hour ago.
Stew for tea :D
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Wun Wabbit Wun

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:44 pm

What, you are having Mr Drummond around to have tea with you ? !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Not Stu...but Stew.....Wabbit Stew :D
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:54 pm

It wo wery nice :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 am

Gung hei fat choi !

Been fortunate to have experienced 2 Chinese New Years actually in Guangzhou, China and it is so intense as to be unbelievable. One year we were taken to see the Pearl River to see the fireworks, well tried to as did the other 750,000 plus crowd !

Couldnt get within 3 miles of the river and had to watch the 4 hour show from between two massive hotel skyscrapers, in effect watching an area of say 20-30 yards of solid fireworks during that period, however the whole display on the river spread over a distance of some FIVE MILES !

It also took a further 3 hours to get a taxi home. That show ran from about 7 til 11 but the noise continued over the city til about 6 in the morning constantly when it just became sporadic !

All I can describe it as is like being in a city under a heavy artillery barrage throughout the entire night.

Funniest bit was one I saw a nearby building cascading flames and said, look at all those fireworks, they have been streaming down that building for over half an hour, I bet the police won't like that - my brother in law said, I bet they will, thats the local police station you're looking at !

Awesome, and Hong Kong's is supposed to be even bigger each year !
SimplyRed MFC

Return to General Discussion