Sammy Mc Slated at the end

Re: Sammy Mc Slated at the end

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:44 pm

God help if you were running the supporters club. We would all be kissing and cleaning Sammy's shoes.[/quote]

grow up son.......
ockers

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:57 pm

MfcChris wrote:God help if you were running the supporters club. We would all be kissing and cleaning Sammy's shoes.

If you were running it, we'd all have Morecambe tattoos, lifetime season tickets, private number plates and be not worthy of cleaning Sammy's shoes. :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby George Dawes » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:04 pm

ezz wrote:No gives a S*** about his opinion, if his opinion mattered he'd probably be in football. Chances are he knows jack all about what he's giving his opinion about!

i do.

ezz wrote:Please refrain from swearing children are using this forum :?
Society these days......

pot calling kettle black :?
George Dawes

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:17 pm

DawZi wrote:
ezz wrote:No gives a S*** about his opinion, if his opinion mattered he'd probably be in football. Chances are he knows jack all about what he's giving his opinion about!

i do.

:lol:
Bare Ben

Postby marky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm

ockers wrote:imho its part of their remit to fully support the club the manager and the team

No, it is there to provide a central voice for the fans. You won't find any independent supporters' club that always fully supports everything their club, it's manager and it's team does. As a prospective member, I would hope it would seek to represent the views of all Morecambe fans. That includes those who are critical of those whom you worship.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm

No, it is there to provide a central voice for the fans. You won't find any independent supporters' club that always fully supports everything their club, it's manager and it's team does. As a prospective member, I would hope it would seek to represent the views of all Morecambe fans. That includes those who are critical of those whom you worship.[/quote]

think you need to read this again...........

Fans’ Club Morecambe is the new name of the
Official Morecambe FC Supporters Club having relaunched
at a superbly attended meeting at the
Globe Arena recently.
The work of the existing
travel club will continue, but the Fans’ Club would
like to be able to do more too. A steering
committee was elected to build on the work done
over the years by so many hard working fans and
to start the process of recruiting new members.
Some of the aims of the Fans’ Club are to
encourage an active and growing fan base for the
football club, encourage the involvement of fans’
young and old, co-ordinate fans’ social activities
and to arrange fund raising for key club projects.
When formally launched each Fans’ Club
member will receive a welcome pack which will
include a membership card that can earn benefits
around club and hopefully around Morecambe
too.
Chairperson of the committee Darren Clifford
said “the support from fans and the club has been
tremendous and we’ve already been approached
by a number of local businesses willing to offer
Fans’ Club members discount which we’re so
thankful for. This is all about the fans; if they want
to join in they should join up”
Membership of the Fans’ Club Morecambe up
to 7th May will be free and forms are available
around the football club. Supporters can also
register on line e-mail:
MFCfansclub@groups.facebook.com
For further details contact Darren on
ockers

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Do you think chesters supporters club should have fully backed vaughan through thin and thinner occers, the people on here that thoroughly back every aspect of everthing to do with the club on here usually have some kind of official capacity or vested interest, the supporters club is about opinions, not blind faith, for what its worth i dont want sammy out as things are at the moment, but anyone who does, has every right to say so here or at supporters club meeting if they want to, as paying customers of MFC.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:21 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Do you think chesters supporters club should have fully backed vaughan through thin and thinner occers, the people on here that thoroughly back every aspect of everthing to do with the club on here usually have some kind of official capacity or vested interest, the supporters club is about opinions, not blind faith, for what its worth i dont want sammy out as things are at the moment, but anyone who does, has every right to say so here or at supporters club meeting if they want to, as paying customers of MFC.

Youve spelt his name wrong,thatl really p..s him off :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 pm

sorry, i meant okkars :oops:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 pm

couldnt care less about chester and vaughan and youre right there will have been plenty who didnt like him but i feel thats an extreme example but i do take your point

I just think those involved or wanting to be involved in any sort of official capacity shouldnt be seen to printing personal comments criticising either club players managers how on earth do they expect to get support from those people build on relationships raise money etc and get things going if on here they have a go simple answer is they cant
fans can have their say, of course they can but one would hope that as jimbo lills sammy and the lads keep saying we should stick together and move forward together and why shouldnt we at the moment?
the hysteria on here about sammy and craig stanley is a case in point
shrimper chose to disclose some of what really happened this week and im sure there are few people who probably feel a bit foolish now and im not trying to be smug there either
sometimes things are kept behind closed doors for a very good reason and i just think people have to accept that
i do sincerely hope the supporters club builds up a strong membership and can be a key part of the club
i just wish people could be more positive when it comes to the footie when there is a lot going on that is negative at the moment in other aspects of life
the fact that some of us including myself await a redundancy notice is one of them.....
ockers

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:33 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:sorry, i meant okkars :oops:

ockers mate :)
ockers

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:56 pm

You often see the head of clubs supporters groups being interviewed on the news. For example Man utd and Liverpool re their ownership situation.

They are usually negative towards the club.

Ockers is just being his usual self and defending the club to the death. If Mcilroy signed 11 x Bare Ben's he would probably defend him :lol:
Sammy h

Postby marky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Ockers, at no point in any of the stuff you posted, did it say "the role of Fans Club of Morecambe is to blindly follow everything the club and its associated officials do without criticism or question". Therefore, I suggest you re-read it. To give you an example, the leader of the Newcastle United equivilent both supports when there is something to support but isn't afraid to be critical when necessary. I see no reason for a prospective member of our committee to hold back from saying what they think and I would hope that said committee would take concerns, both football and non-football related, to the club. At the same time, when there is something to praise I would equally hope they would do.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Whilst at the meeting, Ockers, one of the reasons I voted for the "new" supporters club to adopt the old one was because Mike W said that in recent years they had changed the name to Shrimps supporters instead of Official Morecambe supporters, because they believed it inferred they were closer to the club, than they actually were. A supporters club organised and run by or on behalf of the club.

If being a member of this "new" club means blindly/unquestioningly following (perhaps accepting would be a better word) absolutely everything the club does, then I'm not sure I would want to subscribe to it.

For me a supporters organised club is a club for supporters, not a club for sheep.

I was a bit shocked when someone from the back of the room (employed by the club) said the supporters club should be about raising money for the club, I believe it should act as a go between the club and fans.
With this surge of enthusiasm in its infancy it will be interesting to see direction it goes.
I wish the organisers well.
Last edited by morecambe mick on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morecambe mick

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 pm

i look forward to seeing you down here
we will carry on the conversation when you get here
ockers

Postby Posh » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:48 pm

ockers wrote:
marky wrote:Last time I checked, it wasn't the job of the supporters club to arse lick the manager but to try and facilitate better relations with the football club itself. If people have genuine concerns regarding Sammy then they can air them. Fans of Morecambe is independent from the club, not an extension of it.

imho its part of their remit to fully support the club the manager and the team

I think it's abhorrent to shout abuse at the manager and personally I've never done anything at a match other than to support the side 100%.

However Sean your comment is nonsense. Should Boston United fans have fully supported their club and manager when the fraud issues came out; should Portsmouth fans unquestionably supported the club's owners when it was clear they were driving them to bankruptcy; should Liverpool supporter's clubs given unquestioning support to the Hicks / Gillette regime? Of course not.

I'm not saying we're anything like the above. However the collective view of supporters in a supporters club may have different views to that of the club or the manager. If that's the democratically expressed view of the membership should they instead sit on their hands and say nothing? A supporters club should be different and should hold different views where they arise. The important thing is to be positive and constructive, and not some screaming abuser like the so called supporter last night.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:16 pm

DawZi wrote:

i do.

ezz wrote:Please refrain from swearing children are using this forum :?
Society these days......

pot calling kettle black :?

I blocked mine out that makes me good as gold
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Enufznuf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Ockers why do you continue to come on here and patronise the masses?

You come across not only as arrogant and abusive but as blinkered and ignorant.

You need to decide whether you are an official or a fan and post as one or the other. Dont post after you have had a drink if you want to avoid ranting and hurling abuse at an incredulous audience.

Show some respect to other viewpoints if you want respect yourself and dont just take the party line.

It seems that you want to destroy anything to do with the supporters club unless they do as you want. Did you even attend the meeting? Have you applied to join? We live in a democracy, not a dictatorship and everyone is entitled to an opinion (even you). Take a breath before you patronise your fellow fans. PLEASE!
Enufznuf

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:25 am

Enufznuf wrote:Ockers why do you continue to come on here and patronise the masses?

You come across not only as arrogant and abusive but as blinkered and ignorant.

You need to decide whether you are an official or a fan and post as one or the other. Dont post after you have had a drink if you want to avoid ranting and hurling abuse at an incredulous audience.

Show some respect to other viewpoints if you want respect yourself and dont just take the party line.

It seems that you want to destroy anything to do with the supporters club unless they do as you want. Did you even attend the meeting? Have you applied to join? We live in a democracy, not a dictatorship and everyone is entitled to an opinion (even you). Take a breath before you patronise your fellow fans. PLEASE!

There is a degree of irony in telling someone how they should post and telling them that they shouldn't tell others how to post. I frequently disagree with Ockers's posts but he is as entitled to make them as anyone else.

For the record, I think if Gentle Giant makes a post that is critical of the management or club, then that is a personal view. If, as I suspect may happen, a 'Supporter's Club' member joins the forum, then they will be posting the 'Supporter's Club' position rather than a personal one.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Enufznuf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Sorry.

I do agree with you. I am just sick of Ockers swooping in and calling us all twats because we dont just blindly follow. He has the advantage of being on the inside but doesnt make allowances for those that arent.

To state that a commitee member should not be posting anything but glowing tributes to Sammy is shocking and stinks of a dictatorship. No wonder the last supporters club gave up if that is what they are against.
Enufznuf

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:04 pm

ockers wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:
Ian Kane wrote:Did anyone see the elderly gentleman have a right go at Sammy at the end ? He slated him with some rather fowl language about his substitution policy. Sammy bit and came over to defend himself and ended up giving as good as he got. "You support the fucking team and I'll fucking manage it" and ended with "If you want me to go I will".

The gentleman in question was out of order but I think Sammys reaction said more. Not happy was an understatement.

time is ticking for Sammy, the more fans stop coming and the more the board hear get sammy out the more likely it is going to happen.

If Sammy did the above then for me that is very unprofessional and Sammy should of ignored it IMO

its good to see someone who wants to get involved with the fans committee being so constuctive and positive about the clubs manager........dear me

Well well, this nearly slipped right past me, not being rude pal, I as fan, not a committee member have every right to post what I see as my point of view.

I am not blinded by what you seem to be!! I will always be honest in the way I feel otherwise I may as well not post on Shrimpsvoices, if you do not like what fans write then simple don't read the posts.

It seems you are blinded by the clubs points of views on matters rather than a fans prospective, what happen to freedom of speech? last time I checked we were still entitled to an opinion.

Sorry if your not happy with this post but to be quite frank I've had enough of people telling me what I can and cannot do!!

Personally I feel I will bring a great deal to the table as committee member, I have passion, belief and am very confident that the supporters club will go on to make an excellent addition for Fans
thegentlegiant

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:53 pm

For the record, I think if Gentle Giant makes a post that is critical of the management or club, then that is a personal view. If, as I suspect may happen, a 'Supporter's Club' member joins the forum, then they will be posting the 'Supporter's Club' position rather than a personal one.

Keith, cheers pal..as you say my comment was not as a committee member but as a fan.

I am a very positive minded person most of the time, yeah I let things get me down, it's all part of being human!

Sammy Mc has done a great job for the club and do hope he can turn things around I have full faith in the players and the board, but at the moment like faith under Sammy Mc, I am not saying he is to blame but someone has to be the fall guy?

Anyways, 2 draws on the bounce now so let's kick on and turn the next few games into wins!!
thegentlegiant

Previous

Return to General Discussion