MFC Public Relations Disaster

MFC Public Relations Disaster

Postby Pobble » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 pm

As supporters we are expected to turn up for matches, pay our money, and this season not get value for money, shouldn`t we be treated by the club a bit better with at least an explanation for the actions of a mad man.
Most businesses employ a PR man to explain, usually, the unexplainable. If the club do not feel we are worth being informed of suicidal actions like getting rid of three of our best players, does the club deserve our money through the turnstiles.
Of course we will still be there at the Globe when the lads are playng, but I do object to being treated like dirt.
If MFC do not have a PR man why couldn`t a Director make a statement, or don`t even they know what the madman is doing ?
We have got rid of three regular first choice players, plus Darren Moss who was certainly better than Capaldi. These have been replaced by four players all discarded by their clubs. Where is the ambition ?
Before people like Ockers start going blue in the face I know Duffy`s move was possibly good for the club from a business point of view, but the rest are impossible to understand.
I am as much a supporter of the club as anybody, but this season I have been totally disillusioned by bad management, poor play, bad PR, and reading blinkered comments from people who can see no wrong.
We have a great new ground, half a dozen good players, and superb supporters. The whole club should shake itself and remember those who pay to come to the Globe come rain or shine.
Pobble

Re: MFC Public Relations Disaster

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:53 pm

does the club deserve our money through the turnstiles.
Of course we will still be there at the Globe when the lads are playng, but I do object to being treated like dirt.

but thats the problem people aren't still turning up attendance figures are getting lower and lower and people who have been regulars for years and years are now staying away.

Some of our attendances our lower than in the conference when we seemed to have a loyal 1,800 week in week out whatever the weather now we are down to about 1500/1600.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Ntini » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:19 pm

I have to be honest that I wish there was more coming from the club in terms of explanations for certain decisions. We can all speculate as to why decisions have been taken, and accuse people such as the manager for things that perhaps have not happened.

However, a simple statement to the fans, preferably with an explanation not just that it has happened, is all we ask. At least that way we know what is happening to OUR club.

Perhaps giving someone a PR role, be it a new member of staff or someone we have already, is the solution. We just want to be kept in the loop. We don't need to know how much Mark Duffy was sold to Scunthorpe for, but at least on our website we had a few comments from the manager that he went to play at a higher level and had our best wishes (Note no mention from the 'club', just the manager, but it's a start!)

But one line on the website (and it's no dig at the people who populate the site with regular news) saying 'Craig Stanley has joined League 2 side Torquay on loan' isn't really good enough in my book, as it just leads to needless speculation. In my opinion, that will only make Sammy's job harder as he has to battle fans who think it's his entire fault. That then puts pressure on the board who have to defend/put pressure on the manager to get things right on the pitch, and quickly.

I would prefer things like this to be nipped in the bud. A simple explanation (however watered down that may be) just stops things escalating needlessly. We'll see what happens...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Ntini wrote:I would prefer things like this to be nipped in the bud. A simple explanation (however watered down that may be) just stops things escalating needlessly. We'll see what happens...

So if for example Sammy and Stanners have fallen out and that is the reason he has gone on loan to Torquay, what announcement would you make on the website.
broadwayshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:29 pm

... as it says on my office door:

doorsign.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:37 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Ntini wrote:I would prefer things like this to be nipped in the bud. A simple explanation (however watered down that may be) just stops things escalating needlessly. We'll see what happens...

So if for example Sammy and Stanners have fallen out and that is the reason he has gone on loan to Torquay, what announcement would you make on the website.

If that were the case, then I would imagine that Craig will not play for us again, and that in taking him on, Torquay will know what they are dealing with. Therefore the club could have put that the move was due to a lack of discipline/training ground dispute/disruptive influence and that the club felt that a loan move would be in the best interest of both parties. The wording would be down to a discussion with any PR officer (or someone given that responsibility) and presumably a member of the board or the manager (or both).

People are already aware of past incidents between the two, so there is no need to drag them up. It's just about transparency between the club and fans, and showing a little respect. People are more likely to respect decisions if they know why the club/management have made them, otherwise people show it with their feet. I just fear that all this is going to dent our crowds even more, and I'm not sure how long the club can afford to sustain that.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Ntini wrote:If that were the case, then I would imagine that Craig will not play for us again, and that in taking him on, Torquay will know what they are dealing with. Therefore the club could have put that the move was due to a lack of discipline/training ground dispute/disruptive influence and that the club felt that a loan move would be in the best interest of both parties. The wording would be down to a discussion with any PR officer (or someone given that responsibility) and presumably a member of the board or the manager (or both

Sounds good to me but I'm not sure such a statement would have appeased some fans on here. Sammy would still have got the blame and fans would still be calling for his head.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Quite frankly i'm amazed by the lack of explanations on here!! As i was sure that some of the regular posters on here would have been able to tell us exactly what is going on....they usually do!!! I thought SM was just the manager of a football club who decides who plays where and when and who stays or goes. I must have got this wrong :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Ntini » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:48 am

Nice to see the piece on the website this morning from Sammy giving an explanation as to the transfer goings-on at the club:

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2282416,00.html

Seems that the aforementioned loaned out players are to make room for some more loan signings to 'get more consistency into the side'. We shall see, but at least we're getting there, PR-wise anyway!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Pobble wrote:As supporters we are expected to turn up for matches, pay our money, and this season not get value for money, shouldn`t we be treated by the club a bit better with at least an explanation for the actions of a mad man.
Most businesses employ a PR man to explain, usually, the unexplainable. If the club do not feel we are worth being informed of suicidal actions like getting rid of three of our best players, does the club deserve our money through the turnstiles.
If MFC do not have a PR man why couldn`t a Director make a statement, or don`t even they know what the madman is doing ?
We have got rid of three regular first choice players, plus Darren Moss who was certainly better than Capaldi. These have been replaced by four players all discarded by their clubs. Where is the ambition ?
Before people like Ockers start going blue in the face I know Duffy`s move was possibly good for the club from a business point of view, but the rest are impossible to understand.
I am as much a supporter of the club as anybody, but this season I have been totally disillusioned by bad management, poor play, bad PR, and reading blinkered comments from people who can see no wrong.
We have a great new ground, half a dozen good players, and superb supporters. The whole club should shake itself and remember those who pay to come to the Globe come rain or shine.

Can someone just remove this guy? When I grow up, I want to be happy, and I am worried he is going to stop me from doing so. :roll:
Last edited by Bare Ben on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bare Ben

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Pobble wrote:As supporters we are expected to turn up for matches, pay our money, and this season not get value for money, shouldn`t we be treated by the club a bit better with at least an explanation for the actions of a mad man.

Can someone just remove this guy? When I grow up, I want to be happy, and I am worried he is going to stop me from doing so. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

morecambe mick

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

*Apologies to chipbuns that this cat's head does not have a cheese fail :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Pobble » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

If you can just accept that some people are more intelligent than others your happiness will be solved.
Pobble

Postby ezz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Take it you haven't had that brain fart yourself yet then?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Pobble wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

If you can just accept that some people are more intelligent than others your happiness will be solved.

Sorry i'm not intelligent enough to fully understand your comment. Basically you're saying that I need to accept the fact that all you do is continually spout negative b*llocks on here? I need to accept that some idiot shows his intelligence by writing in bold? Go away.
Bare Ben

Postby parceldave » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Ntini wrote:Nice to see the piece on the website this morning from Sammy giving an explanation as to the transfer goings-on at the club:

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2282416,00.html

Seems that the aforementioned loaned out players are to make room for some more loan signings to 'get more consistency into the side'. We shall see, but at least we're getting there, PR-wise anyway!

I dont see how half a team of loan players will bring consistancy into the side at this stage of the season . If you want consistancy then you try and find your best 11 pre-season or early on in the season and play them on a regular basis ,barring injuries . Surely if you have only won 5 games by Christmas that should tell you that you have been pretty inconsistant. It just seems strange to me that one of our best players from last season doesn't feature much this season and one of our best players for a couple of seasons gets sent as far away as possible. :o
parceldave

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 am

Oh it brings a tear to my eye, somebody is actually annoying Bare Ben on Shrimpsvoices and he wants them removed....
What is that word I am looking for...
Yes, that's it
Ironic.
:lol:
Moose

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:24 am

Moose wrote:Oh it brings a tear to my eye, somebody is actually annoying Bare Ben on Shrimpsvoices and he wants them removed....
What is that word I am looking for...
Yes, that's it
Ironic.

Oh...Moose....Moose.....Moose!

Here was me thinking that I was the most annoying prat on SVs, to suddenly find that my crown has been nicked by some spotty faced youth!

I'm in bits..... :cry: :cry: :cry: ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby The Marksman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 am

In amongst Pobble's exaggeration ("mad man", "suicidal" etc) he had a point - that communication wasn't great - which has now largely been countered by the article on the website. Job's a good 'un?
The Marksman

Postby Ntini » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:45 am

The Marksman wrote:In amongst Pobble's exaggeration ("mad man", "suicidal" etc) he had a point - that communication wasn't great - which has now largely been countered by the article on the website. Job's a good 'un?

I would agree wholeheartedly. Case closed, Ketih/mods? (before these petty insults get any worse...)
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 am

Ntini wrote:I would agree wholeheartedly. Case closed, Ketih/mods? (before these petty insults get any worse...)

Yes before it turns into another MFC Supporters Relations Disaster
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 pm

I dont have as many spots on my face as you have on your arse! :lol: :lol: i could never take your crown CC, i have respect for your views, this guy is either a WUM or just plain sad. Where is Thor?
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I dont have as many spots on my face as you have on your arse! :lol: :lol: i could never take your crown CC, i have respect for your views, this guy is either a WUM or just plain sad. Where is Thor?

:o
;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion