Sammy Mc Slated at the end

Sammy Mc Slated at the end

Postby Ian Kane » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 am

Did anyone see the elderly gentleman have a right go at Sammy at the end ? He slated him with some rather fowl language about his substitution policy. Sammy bit and came over to defend himself and ended up giving as good as he got. "You support the fucking team and I'll fucking manage it" and ended with "If you want me to go I will".

The gentleman in question was out of order but I think Sammys reaction said more. Not happy was an understatement.
Ian Kane

Re: Sammy Mc Slated at the end

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 am

Ian Kane wrote:Did anyone see the elderly gentleman have a right go at Sammy at the end ? He slated him with some rather fowl language about his substitution policy. Sammy bit and came over to defend himself and ended up giving as good as he got. "You support the fucking team and I'll fucking manage it" and ended with "If you want me to go I will".

The gentleman in question was out of order but I think Sammys reaction said more. Not happy was an understatement.

time is ticking for Sammy, the more fans stop coming and the more the board hear get sammy out the more likely it is going to happen.

If Sammy did the above then for me that is very unprofessional and Sammy should of ignored it IMO
thegentlegiant

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 am

in my opinion the constant critism of sammy mac is getting very boring....the guy as done some fantastic things for this club which some people seem to forget....the day sammy ever goes from the globe arena will be a very sad day for me and lots of others
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby outsider » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 am

The "gentleman" in question is very vocal both home and away, and I think Sammy was well within his rights, Its about time he showed a bit of passion
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 am

outsider wrote:The "gentleman" in question is very vocal both home and away, and I think Sammy was well within his rights, Its about time he showed a bit of passion

Not being funny like, Sammy's sub policy is shite we all know it is, how many games has it cost us by not subbing early enough!!!

Although tonight there was not much sammy could have done about the result in all fairness that pitch was awful!!
thegentlegiant

Postby outsider » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:33 am

Pitch? Pitch? I thought they were playing on a cabbage patch :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:57 am

Subs were a bad idea tonight, even though Roche made some good saves I still thought we were more likely to score than them. Changing it probably would of hindered our chances. Some people forget they are football players.....they can play for 90mins quite easily
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
Ian Kane wrote:Did anyone see the elderly gentleman have a right go at Sammy at the end ? He slated him with some rather fowl language about his substitution policy. Sammy bit and came over to defend himself and ended up giving as good as he got. "You support the fucking team and I'll fucking manage it" and ended with "If you want me to go I will".

time is ticking for Sammy, the more fans stop coming and the more the board hear get sammy out the more likely it is going to happen.

If Sammy did the above then for me that is very unprofessional and Sammy should of ignored it IMO

its good to see someone who wants to get involved with the fans committee being so constuctive and positive about the clubs manager........dear me
ockers

Postby marky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 am

Last time I checked, it wasn't the job of the supporters club to arse lick the manager but to try and facilitate better relations with the football club itself. If people have genuine concerns regarding Sammy then they can air them. Fans of Morecambe is independent from the club, not an extension of it.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:38 am

marky wrote:Last time I checked, it wasn't the job of the supporters club to arse lick the manager but to try and facilitate better relations with the football club itself. If people have genuine concerns regarding Sammy then they can air them. Fans of Morecambe is independent from the club, not an extension of it.

imho its part of their remit to fully support the club the manager and the team
ockers

Postby The Fury » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:43 am

ockers wrote:
marky wrote:Last time I checked, it wasn't the job of the supporters club to arse lick the manager but to try and facilitate better relations with the football club itself. If people have genuine concerns regarding Sammy then they can air them. Fans of Morecambe is independent from the club, not an extension of it.

imho its part of their remit to fully support the club the manager and the team

four legs good two legs bad.....four legs good two legs bad.....four legs good two legs bad.
The Fury

Postby Harry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 am

Criticising the management, especially during the game, is totally pointless and helps no one. We are Morecambe FC supporters, let's support Morecambe FC.
Harry

Postby paulshrimp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 am

I could be slow this morning but I didn't understand Fury's reference to " Animal Farm". Could we let SM get on with managing the team without shouting abuse at him? If at 7 30 last night you had offered Shrimps' fans a point at Stanley they would have taken it.
paulshrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 am

What an absolute tosser, he's not a real fan in my eyes, certainly not a "supporter". Complete tosser. :evil:
Bare Ben

Postby Pobble » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 am

Bare Ben wrote:What an absolute tosser, he's not a real fan in my eyes, certainly not a "supporter". Complete tosser. :evil:

Grow up, everyone is entitled to their opinion.!!!!
Pobble

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 am

No gives a S*** about his opinion, if his opinion mattered he'd probably be in football. Chances are he knows jack all about what he's giving his opinion about!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Fury » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:15 pm

paulshrimp wrote:I could be slow this morning but I didn't understand Fury's reference to " Animal Farm". Could we let SM get on with managing the team without shouting abuse at him? If at 7 30 last night you had offered Shrimps' fans a point at Stanley they would have taken it.

I certainly wasn't advocating abusing Sammy. Simply, I was likening Ockers' comment that it is part of a supporters' clubs "remit to fully support the manager and the team" to the sheep in Animal Farm blindly following leadership without question.
The Fury

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:19 pm

There's a difference between questioning the manager and verbally abusing him
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Fury » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

ezz wrote:There's a difference between questioning the manager and verbally abusing him

No shit. Hence why I didn't say I'm advocating abusing him.
The Fury

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Please refrain from swearing, children are using this forum :?
Society these days......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:28 pm

The Fury wrote:
paulshrimp wrote:I could be slow this morning but I didn't understand Fury's reference to " Animal Farm". Could we let SM get on with managing the team without shouting abuse at him? If at 7 30 last night you had offered Shrimps' fans a point at Stanley they would have taken it.

I certainly wasn't advocating abusing Sammy. Simply, I was likening Ockers' comment that it is part of a supporters' clubs "remit to fully support the manager and the team" to the sheep in Animal Farm blindly following leadership without question.[/quote

If you're going to put yourself up for election to a mfc supporters committee working closely in the future with fans players manager and club then it doesnt seem right to me to be making public personal criticsms of the manager on an internet message board
just my personal opinion...........
ockers

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Pobble wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:What an absolute tosser, he's not a real fan in my eyes, certainly not a "supporter". Complete tosser. :evil:

Grow up, everyone is entitled to their opinion.!!!!

No-one is entitled to verbally abuse the manager of MY football club. Some of the shit you come out with I seriously doubt that MY football club is YOUR football club. How ironic that you tell me to grow up, your hatred for Sammy is boring, and it wouldn't surprise me if you were the sad pathetic excuse for a supporter that is being described.
Bare Ben

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Just be a lancaster/barrow/accy/bradford wum
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby MfcChris » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 pm

ockers wrote:
The Fury wrote:

I certainly wasn't advocating abusing Sammy. Simply, I was likening Ockers' comment that it is part of a supporters' clubs "remit to fully support the manager and the team" to the sheep in Animal Farm blindly following leadership without question.[/quote

If you're going to put yourself up for election to a mfc supporters committee working closely in the future with fans players manager and club then it doesnt seem right to me to be making public personal criticsms of the manager on an internet message board
just my personal opinion...........

God help if you were running the supporters club. We would all be kissing and cleaning Sammy's shoes.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 pm

just my personal opinion...........[/quote]
God help if you were running the supporters club. We would all be kissing and cleaning Sammy's shoes.[/quote]
Not really but it's not the supporters club to dictate whether the manager should be managing or not, some fans think it's their decision.
Our job is to support hence the name 'supporters club' :oops:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Next

Return to General Discussion