We are on course for 39 pts

Re: We are on course for 39 pts

Postby Butty girl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:02 pm

[quote="Aal"]Yes Keith it does happen. There's an old fella stands near the dugouts, has a go at the players telling them what they ought to be doing. Clearly he gets under Sammy's skin. Never actually seen him smile, cheer or applaud.
I stand near to him and he's getting much worse often completely spoils the game for me I sometimes think why do thy turn up just to complain and I agree he never says anything good or applauses
Butty girl

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:03 pm

shrimper wrote:
marky wrote:Has he been on something? :lol:

No it was just that this - ".... and Stanners ran over to Sammy after his free kick and got an almighty HUG"

sounded like a Bible extract, so I thought "mmmmm...."

:lol:

Preaching again :oops:

:shock: :shock: ....and so endeth the lesson :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Number 1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Even though we have played possibly the two worst teams in the division we are already recording less than a point per game. Early days some will claim but others are now realising what has been patently obvious since pre season that we lack quality and pace throughout the squad. Today we were the worst of 2 poor teams until the last 15 mins yet prior to the game the zealots were predicting we would win based on a previous rearguard action from the previous week which was seen by management as an excellent performance against an inspired team. What a load of bollocks we made Barnet look good and please note that despite receiving rave reviews from our management last week Barnet lost again today. You will recall when we got stuffed by Notts Forest the management stated it was not that we were a poor team but that Forest were a top level team full of class; again bollocks as Forest are a poor team having a dreadfull season and getting all sorts of stick from their fans.
I am sorry but the problems are as follows:- we get absolutely nothing from the current fullbacks, the centre backs are iffy and the midfielders do not have the ability and pace (Stanley apart). There is a general lack of movement and natural speed of thought throughout the team which Mark Lillis can do nothing about. Every match we play in starts the same in that for the bulk of the first 20 mins we are defending and have difficulty playing our way into the opponents box and have to revert to our hit and hope balls. Interesting selection of Twiss as I overheard the club sec telling some people that Twiss has not impressed in the reserves and neither has the loan signing and as such could not understand why he was signed.
A word of caution for those who believe we are not in any danger of relegation and can use this season for the likes of Mcann, Parish and Carr to gain an extra yard of pace and a bucketfull more of ability! The 3 teams on minus points have already set their targets which could see at least 2 of them passing us especially if we only get 39 points. Can anyone see where the next win is coming from or am I being too negative?

Number 1

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:15 pm

mmmmm........indeed
weird shit like tha will not make you appealing to Rupert Murdock,,,,
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Harry » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Stanners looked back to his best when he came on on Saturday, driving forward every time he got the ball. I hope he can work well with Drummond being the physical presence in winning balls, then Hunter coming off the bench to give us some impact to possibly win a game at the end of a match. Saying that, I was impressed by the 4-3-3 we changed to on Saturday for the last half an hour!
Harry

Postby baldrick » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:12 pm

[edit] personal comments add nothing to the debates or discussions.
baldrick

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:00 am

Currently we are getting 0.80 points per a game meaning we will end the season on 36 points. Last season the bottom 2 were relegated on 40 and 42 points.....Get behind the lads and lets pick up some points....Not for 1 minute do i think we will end up in bottom 2 but if we ain't behind the team 100% then we aint gonna pick up so many points.....Lets sing our hearts off today. The Morecambe
thegentlegiant

Previous

Return to General Discussion