Giving morecambe a bad name!

Giving morecambe a bad name!

Postby number1shrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Just a quick note. On my way back from accrington. I don't know what some of the views will be from other morecambe fans are but I'm sure you will comment if you agree. Some of the younger morecambe fans really do need to grow up!
Last edited by number1shrimp on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
number1shrimp

Re: Giving morecambe a bad name!

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:16 pm

younger people do tend to grow up, i think its called, :lol: growing up
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby number1shrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 pm

This is a serious point. Throwing a bottle at the accrington goalkeeper is not acceptable.
number1shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm

number1shrimp wrote:This is a serious point. Throwing a bottle at the accrington goalkeeper is not acceptable.

Is that when we scored :?: :lol:

no seriously it aint acceptable and i hope the culprit is identified
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm

you never said that in the first post, disgusting if it happened.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby number1shrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Yes he got thrown out. The bottle never hit the keeper but that's not the point. We don't want to start giving morecambe a bad name!
number1shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Not standing up for anyone in any way , but the bottle in question was a plastic empty pop bottle just for the record. No excuse though :evil:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:29 pm

hope that was not anexample of t he new product placement laws
scalehallshrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:30 pm

What about the bog rolls as well.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Sammy h » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:30 pm

The empty bottle was silly, but it is the minority. The rest of the 'younger' fans were brilliant. They tend to be the only ones trying to make some noise.

Come on oldies, where are you?
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Youngies should take note not to behave in such a manner after the game at places like Port Vale or Bradford as you will be pasted up a drainpipe somewhere. Seems like harmless fun at the time I suppose :roll:
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 pm

What was all the nonsense in the pub afterwards? Heard there was a bit of a teenage standoff. We've never had problems with Accrington and always shared the banter.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 pm

shrimper wrote:What was all the nonsense in the pub afterwards? Heard there was a bit of a teenage standoff. We've never had problems with Accrington and always shared the banter.

It was banter, they were trying to upset there own stewards , don't know the inns and outs but alot of people in the accy stand left mid way through second half and apparently this was because of there stewards behaving inappropriate not sure if true but that's what has been said!
thegentlegiant

Postby Sammy h » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 pm

It was absolutely nothing. Case closed.
Sammy h

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 am

utter disgrace and if anyone knows of this person please make them aware it is not acceptable.

Personally if the person was travelling with me I would bar him permanently.
thegentlegiant

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:03 am

thegentlegiant wrote:utter disgrace and if anyone knows of this person please make them aware it is not acceptable.

Personally if the person was travelling with me I would bar him permanently.

Please explain..
Sammy h

Postby maccawozzagod » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:15 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
shrimper wrote:What was all the nonsense in the pub afterwards? Heard there was a bit of a teenage standoff. We've never had problems with Accrington and always shared the banter.

It was banter, they were trying to upset there own stewards , don't know the inns and outs but alot of people in the accy stand left mid way through second half and apparently this was because of there stewards behaving inappropriate not sure if true but that's what has been said!

there was a small amount of trouble between Stanley and the Stewards that has been brewing for some time, coupled with a first time protest againt the current owner of the club. Testosterone was a little high

As for trouble in the pub afterwards, there wasn't any. Morecambe had a minibus parked on The Crown carpark and the lads that were on it sang their way from the away end, as they got to the car park there were some Stanley still around who sang a bit back. In fairness both sides had one or two who wanted to take it a bit further (in particular the young blonde Morecambe fan who ran at the Stanley fans). But it was nothing more than posteration, if that is even a word!
Last edited by maccawozzagod on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
maccawozzagod

Postby maccawozzagod » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:22 am

as for the game then well done to Morecambe. you finally got the hang of trying to battle for a point against the Stanley. First half you had Roche to thank (again) for making two good saves in the first ten minutes that could have meant Stanley running away with it. In the end though honours were fairly even as Dunbavin had to make three good stops to keep the Reds in the game. Number 10 or 16 (hard to tell as had a bit of mud on his back) was particularly dangerous and can count himself unlucky not to have bagged a few.

end of the day, the record is intact - you can't beat The Stanley, but if you had of done we probably couldn't complain about it. A draw was there or therabouts correct though.

As for your fans, fair play! For the first time in Eons we saw you making some noise and actually enjoying yerselves! It wasn't loud, but probably neither were we but at least we could see that you were having a go.
maccawozzagod

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:27 am

Ha nice one! Fair description of events. Definitely our No.10 Jevons. I think we should both be happy with mid table this season and look forward to next season with a blank page ;)
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 am

I heard it wasn't Ezz :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Harry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 am

maccawozzagod wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:

there was a small amount of trouble between Stanley and the Stewards that has been brewing for some time, coupled with a first time protest againt the current owner of the club. Testosterone was a little high

As for trouble in the pub afterwards, there wasn't any. Morecambe had a minibus parked on The Crown carpark and the lads that were on it sang their way from the away end, as they got to the car park there were some Stanley still around who sang a bit back. In fairness both sides had one or two who wanted to take it a bit further (in particular the young blonde Morecambe fan who ran at the Stanley fans). But it was nothing more than posteration, if that is even a word!

The blonde Morecambe 'fan' who thought he'd try to start a riot was the lad who threw a bottle on the pitch. I'm only a few years older than him and have travelled with him, but proof that the legal drinking age should be enforced!
Harry

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am

I barged my way through the Morecambe boys, hugged one of the accy twins, and proceeded to get into the crown and get my pie, which was without doubt the best pie i've ever had in my life. :D
Bare Ben

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:17 pm

I was stood quite close to bottle-gate. Yes it was totally out of order, but those around the lad who threw the object instantly let him know that this was the case straight away....this was mainly the younger fans who have been labelled in a negative way on this thread, who took it upon themselves to self-police the incident.

I'm sure the lad was just over-excited, possibly drunk and regrets throwing an empty Lucozade bottle in the general direction of the goalkeeper. It landed a good 10m away from the keeper, but I suppose that isn't the point. I don't think the chap was thrown out, the steward came over and told the group that if any other objects entered the pitch the culprit would be turfed out.

As mentioned above in the thread, the person who threw the bottle is a regular at Morecambe games home and away. I don't actually know him, but he is probably embarrassed by what was quite a silly thing to do. I'm sure it won't happen again and a lesson has been learnt. Can we not move on? Personally I don't see the need to run back to Morecambe and start a witch hunt on an internet messageboard. If you had a problem, why not air it at the game? I'll tell you why, because the matter was resolved there and then. No need for bitching on here. Get a backbone.
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:21 pm

I thought he was thrown out?
Everyone around him did let him know straight away he was out of order though, which was the youths the o/p generalised as letting the club down.

If anything last our support was brilliant, it's a shame it didn't catch on with everyone else in the crowd but still very good.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby MfcChris » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

If it is the young blonde lad I am thinking of (and I am certain it is), he does this stupid trouble at a lot of away games. Dagenham last year he was a **** to us, and also for a game this season. Just sillyness going too far.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Next

Return to General Discussion